Sign in to follow this  
oestergreen

Just curious to know this

oestergreen

tldr;
Not trying to shame the game, just trying to understand.

Is shotgun really this useless? (yeah i'm a scav with a random shottie, so probably shitty ammo and such, but still.. this close up?)
Just curious if its the shotgun that just isn't usable at all, or my aim somehow or a bug/servers causing this?

the video is set private so only people with the link can see it, as i said, not trying to shame the game, just trying to understand the guns.

icecreamshampoo
1 minute ago, oestergreen said:

tldr;
Not trying to shame the game, just trying to understand.

Is shotgun really this useless? (yeah i'm a scav with a random shottie, so probably shitty ammo and such, but still.. this close up?)
Just curious if its the shotgun that just isn't usable at all, or my aim somehow or a bug/servers causing this?

the video is set private so only people with the link can see it, as i said, not trying to shame the game, just trying to understand the guns.

Yes. shotguns against players with armor are pointless. Plus people have noted shotgun head shots don't register correctly.

Almost every gun in this game is useless until you get to a high lvl with extended mags, armor piercing rounds, and class 6 armor.

oestergreen
2 minutes ago, icecreamshampoo said:

Yes. shotguns against players with armor are pointless. Plus people have noted shotgun head shots don't register correctly.

Almost every gun in this game is useless until you get to a high lvl with extended mags, armor piercing rounds, and class 6 armor.

Yeah ok, I was quite surprised the dude was still alive after a closeup headshot with a shotgun lol.... i thought EFT was about realism, idk if anyone would just walk it off IRL regardless what ammo you'd put in that barrel from this close distance=P
Well ok that solves my mystery then, thanks m8 :) 

Edited by oestergreen

icecreamshampoo
24 minutes ago, oestergreen said:

Yeah ok, I was quite surprised the dude was still alive after a closeup headshot with a shotgun lol.... i thought EFT was about realism, idk if anyone would just walk it off IRL regardless what ammo you'd put in that barrel from this close distance=P
Well ok that solves my mystery then, thanks m8 :) 

EFT is not a realistic game or hardcore. These are just marketing terms. Rainbow Six 3 had realistic damage. in EFT most bullets are pointless. Ballistics in EFT are worthless. Armor doesnt survive in point blank situations in real life, but in Tarkov armor is just as strong point blank as it is far away. How "realistic" is that?

Even Insurgency Sandstorm s damage is more realistic than Tarkov.

Most people will shoot arms and legs because of how OP armor is in EFT. It can take up to 15+ shots depending on your caliber.

Watch this. Isn't this so realistic? Thats how firefights are in real life..... so immersive looool

Edited by icecreamshampoo

spinetrain
2 hours ago, icecreamshampoo said:

EFT is not a realistic game or hardcore. These are just marketing terms. Rainbow Six 3 had realistic damage. in EFT most bullets are pointless. Ballistics in EFT are worthless. Armor doesnt survive in point blank situations in real life, but in Tarkov armor is just as strong point blank as it is far away. How "realistic" is that?

Even Insurgency Sandstorm s damage is more realistic than Tarkov.

Most people will shoot arms and legs because of how OP armor is in EFT. It can take up to 15+ shots depending on your caliber.

Watch this. Isn't this so realistic? Thats how firefights are in real life..... so immersive looool

LOL, imagine having this whole clip uncut, as a part of EFT game advertisement, followed by: Realistic and hardcore gameplay.

Edited by spinetrain