Sign in to follow this  
d10sk0ur01

Please allow to RAISE BOTH HANDS \ sling weapon

d10sk0ur01

I have seen a lot of players trying to interact, to find humanity, not only in this game but when it was a game also in hunt showdown with the use of in game VOIP .. now not used anymore as the game is pure pew pew arcade for people that have not  a brain.

EFT has many people not just SMOKE (youtuber), that lean right and left to say "no, dnt shoot me" or use gestures sometimes or just dnt wanna kill another player scav or pmc and help each other, I myself did this once.
Doing it without voip is extremely dangerous and hard.

I am gonna go straight to the point: if you devs give us a 2 hands animation with INCLUDED a STOW weapon (NOT CONSISTING in "Knife only" or putting another weapon on the hands but FREE HANDS... like in many games is possible to do, from Ghost Recon Wildlands (which was never fully developed) to ArmA3 then you would allow players to really try to cooperate.

If u simply allow the animation of both hands up and a "weapon on sling" for a second or just sling it leaving the hands free... also allowing betrayal of course which is always to be left as an option also to respond to a negative response to palms showing, you would deepen the gameplay ... vaulting and carrying and dragging from the chest rig\collar of the jacket\camo would also be good ... also treatment of enemies or scavs (A PASS OUT \ knocked out but REALISTIC would be great too...)

I am not saying the 4 pats walking like in gear of war and PUBG .. not that TRASH! I am talking of the Arma3 ace 3 passing out would be great... if we heal an enemy a mate or a scav we would gain back a positive stance, we would gain favor in the tarkov scape or we could be killed back in response just because... they did not appreciate our gesture...

IT would really deepen the sense of the game and these are all powerful suggestions... I am not sure (since you have done an amazing job for the medical animations) if the "palms out" for peace would be so hard to introduce, I actually think this might be very easy to do for you.
Lean right and lean left is really a primitive Beta testing thing ... (and it can be also confusing since ppl actually lean to shoot since there are tons of arcade FPS players that do that to confuse the shooter to miss the target...  I hate these fiddlers of the keyboard ... making games just a mechanic waste of time.

(on the passing out dnt get me wrong: if one passes out we should have 30 - 60 seconds depending on the severity of the bleeding\pain and then the player that passed out or the scav that passed out is done)- When they raise up the raise up after a while it can't be immediate or you would hit like in all these games a TERRIBLE UNCANNY VALLEY which is what destroys immersion.

Edited by d10sk0ur01
  • Upvote 1

TenaciousJ

I think this is a great idea, I think adding more animations or interactions between characters themselves would be both amazing and entirely logical additions to the game especially if they want to avoid adding a proximity voice chat which I'd honestly be a little reluctant to support. Besides a raising hands animation, which I'm assuming you mean like a palms out disarming yourself sort of animation to show another player you don't mean any harm, I think they should also do a similar animation for a celebratory action like both fists firing up coupled with a light holler, this could also be something unique Scavs could do after they successfully manage to kill another player in combat. I would also like to see animations for interactions between other players and possibly friendly Scavs be implement as well, something along the lines of like a high five, fist bump, endearing handshake, and even combat maneuvers like a tap on your buddy's shoulder as you're passing him by during group infiltration and maneuvers of that sort I feel like members of the tactical community would especially enjoy features like those to make the game more immersive.

Edited by TenaciousJ

d10sk0ur01

For a moment I thought you were asking for something like Fortnite things... then I realized the "celebration" for scav killing you or another scav betrayer. I just think that if they do that, it will just make them open to be shot and that's not good, it would be an exploitable thing. They already celebrate with voice I think there is no need for that, unless they manage to make scav see there is no potential arm (like all seeing eye, so that scav can shoot in the air or do anything being sure nothing will happen to them as they are all seeing Eye AI...
U know what I mean I guess.

Anyway for the Voip I am totally for it, I am totally against handholding. Voip is a must, using slow movement and gestures is already possible  so if you wanna talk with radio u can do it (with external audio programs like we all do now without any immersion killing effect) and for the voip, just press another button (like double click the same button one uses for PTT .. unless the player uses open mic) in order to go voip contextual audio...

I really wish they made it expanding in space depending on the decibels you put in that voice message but ... I think it's hard to.

Yes the squeeze it's cool, but you still can say it in voip if they gonna do it, or with the external audio .. which is not so immersive but..
.. for the implmentation of the squeeze they could implement it visually:
THE PROMPT when u get close to your mate and press "action" like when we SEARCH or open doors etc
and on the other part a HEAD tilt of your avatar (like a tick) because a "light tunnel vision effect for squeeze would not work at night")
a head tilt would be good or even a "go go go.. " anyway these things are contextual interactions and in part already implemented so I dnt see them doing it... u can already say go go go or others stuff..

I think this game is clearly inspired to Operation Flash point 2001 and clearly to Stalker and cronologically proceeding also to Day Z as a result. So the fact of Human interaction with hands free (showing palms) would be already a big thing PERFECTLY in line with what those game are\were about and EFT is about too.

However I am not gonna check before 1 year. I don't like playing a semi-game, that constantly resets your progress...

TenaciousJ
2 hours ago, d10sk0ur01 said:

For a moment I thought you were asking for something like Fortnite things... then I realized the "celebration" for scav killing you or another scav betrayer. I just think that if they do that, it will just make them open to be shot and that's not good, it would be an exploitable thing. They already celebrate with voice I think there is no need for that, unless they manage to make scav see there is no potential arm (like all seeing eye, so that scav can shoot in the air or do anything being sure nothing will happen to them as they are all seeing Eye AI...
U know what I mean I guess.

No no I wasn't thinking of like actual dances or some satirical taunting animations that takes away from the seriousness and immersion of the game, I was more or less meaning just something simple that lasts maybe like 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds maximum. I do agree that something like this would leave the Scav's wide open for an ambush but I mean their behavior already essentially does that if they don't initially see you before you engage with them. I have smoked a couple of them pretty easy just getting the drop on them, plus like you also mentioned if it were to be implemented it should be something they perform only after combat has ended with an engaged threat.

2 hours ago, d10sk0ur01 said:

Anyway for the Voip I am totally for it, I am totally against handholding. Voip is a must, using slow movement and gestures is already possible  so if you wanna talk with radio u can do it (with external audio programs like we all do now without any immersion killing effect) and for the voip, just press another button (like double click the same button one uses for PTT .. unless the player uses open mic) in order to go voip contextual audio...

I really wish they made it expanding in space depending on the decibels you put in that voice message but ... I think it's hard to.

If they were to do something with proximity chat I wouldn't be against it, just reluctant, but I would wan't it to be something intricate and unique if it was to come into play. I'd hate it to be like any other in-game multiplayer proximity chat. What I mean by this is if they were to implement a proximity chat I would want to see something along the lines of what you mentioned as well like an actual ranged output of your voice in game that adjusts based on decibels you input through your mic but as mentioned I'm sure this is an extremely difficult feature to implement. I would also want the proximity chat to be incapable of being disabled as this would prevent people from just outright ignoring the feature and using Discord strictly, simply for the fact that it would make sense if they are trying to retain realism you can't just turn off your voice to so only selective people can hear you in actual combat situation you would have to actual lower your voice's volume. If you check the wiki and look at the list of planned features they do intend to implement a radio system of sorts which I would think would be good for adding an extra dimension to game with different tiered communication items and drawbacks for each one, like for instance using an actual sophisticated earpiece vs a basic walkie talkie. The walkie talkie would have an obvious disadvantage compared to the earpiece due to the fact that a walkie talkie clearly broadcasts the volume from the user on the other radio openly which could potentially expose you while an earpiece obviously would reduce that audible volume down to a point where really only the user with the earpiece equipped could hear those on the other lines. This could also add a dimension to combat strategy as another PMC could possible equip your earpiece or whatever communication device you were using after having eliminated you and listen in on the rest of your living team for intelligence.

3 hours ago, d10sk0ur01 said:

Yes the squeeze it's cool, but you still can say it in voip if they gonna do it, or with the external audio .. which is not so immersive but..
.. for the implmentation of the squeeze they could implement it visually:
THE PROMPT when u get close to your mate and press "action" like when we SEARCH or open doors etc
and on the other part a HEAD tilt of your avatar (like a tick) because a "light tunnel vision effect for squeeze would not work at night")
a head tilt would be good or even a "go go go.. " anyway these things are contextual interactions and in part already implemented so I dnt see them doing it... u can already say go go go or others stuff..

I haven't noticed any in game actions personally that would let you perform something similar to a squeeze or other types of tactical maneuvers with your allies besides like the basic single hand motions that they have already implemented but I would like to see something a little more in depths especially if they want to capture the simulator type feel games like Arma and DayZ had that made them so popular and appealing to the tactical community. I get your frustration with the game I sometimes feel that way too but that's mainly because I see how much potential the game really has and how unique it is. A buddy of mine always tells me and I agree with him that no other triple A title game developer could've or would've made a game like Tarkov so I have a lot of optimism that this game will be developed into something really incredible and influential.