Xelsin

Terrible Fps on my rig

Xelsin

I do have a pretty bad rig in general.

amd fx 6300 clocked to 4.1GHz

Gtx 960 4gb

and 8 gb ram

I've only got HDD

Is there any possible way I could tweak this into getting at least a consistent 60fps because as of now it is unplayable, and I've gotten everything set to low. 

TUALMASOK
1 hour ago, Xelsin said:

Is there any possible way I could tweak this into getting at least a consistent 60fps because as of now it is unplayable, and I've gotten everything set to low. 

I'm running a decent i7 with a 1070Ti with the game on an SSD and I'm lucky to get 60fps *sometimes*.

You won't be tweaking your rig to get 60fps.

icecreamshampoo

I get 100+ fps on low and my PC is old. Only using a 1gig GPU but i do have 16GB memory.

DMTNinja

So my rig is getting pretty old 6 years old with updated gpu about a year newer than system when old one fried. Cheaped out on ram had 8gb till today bought 16 for under 70 bucks on amazon and the game is running a lot better now. Before I put more ram in the game would just freeze up after a while and constant frame rate lag/stutter. Putting in more ram has made it run way better and the game isn't freezing up every 20 mins or when I load into menu from game. 

I'd say go for 16gb more ram and a SSD if you can. SSDs are really cheap now and help you to load in faster. Ram is vital IMO though for having a smoother experience.  

This is what I got with m.2 ssd which apparently have had a slot for last 6 years and had never heard of m.2 till this year and 24gb ram total

i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980      4 GB

Dudi4PoLFr

EFT still need a lot of optimisation work.

[email protected] + 2080Ti @2180MHz + 32GB DDR4 + game on seperate SSD (Windows has his own SSD also) = from 40 to 120 fps on ultra settings in 3440x1440p. 

In your case 8GB of RAM is limiting you quite much, also that fx 6300 is getting very old. Even an i5 from his era will perform better in EFT.