pcyber

flea market delay and flea market trading bots

pcyber

so  you removed the delay on putting things on the flea market.
i think this is not the best idea because now these bots are buying things a lot faster then before.
now legit players do not even have a chance to buy cheap items on the market.
and item flippers (legit auction players) do not even have a chance to buy things.
the impact is now that the prices go  up by 20-30% and some bots are getting real rich.
so now its worse than boefore for legit players.

bots:
the auction bot developers have already reverse engineered all web api request and have solutions to every login possible.
library for example **link removed **
2fa with email and sniffed hwid,
basic auth with phpsession id - yes you made some kind of client side ssl pinning in the game but they simply manipulate the dll to get the boolean value to true so sniffing is possible.
captcha login.

so what to do is not easy - of course we need certifcate pinning in the client (maybe the anticheat can validate the coresponding dll for manipulation every request)
but i think the only way to get rid of the bots will be a manipulation free serverside client validation wich of course means more overhead on you webapi servers and this in combination with manipulation free cerficate pinning. the questen is "ist this even possible in the geme engine?" 
or maybe some kind of captcha like the google reCaptcha v3 where user not have to solve a captcha, but bots are blocked.
or maybe a simple serverside network request analyser - ai trained on real requests which will get thos bot requests easy and then banwave those fuckers.... (this will be the easyest solution)

but first of i hope you revert the removement of the delay.

thx a tarkov lover....

Edited by swats73
Link removed

-Rage-

I second your ideas but pls remove the links asap else we get even more skriptkiddies using these things!

bigfatdabs
1 hour ago, -Rage- said:

I second your ideas but pls remove the links asap else we get even more skriptkiddies using these things!

that is the exact opposite of what needs to be done spam all the hacks and exploits make it clear is day they are there and force the devs to fix it

-Rage-

They're aware that bot exists else the wouldn't try to fight them so no reason to make it even easier to use them.

Although the latest move was not the right one.

pcyber

i hope script kiddies will use it cause they make mistakes and doing it with trial and error get them banned...

and people how know how to do this know where to find it...

l0wskilled

Thats just a library you have to code a little yourself. also rust isnt that common, so there wont be any script kiddies.

VonMesser

I dont agree. The prices are now less then before. Before you could not buy a KeyTool for 550 000 now its possible. If i am not mistaken then also the API has a 5 sec refresh rate and this means that the bot is not able to buy a thing in those 5 seconds. Before they did the request and knew exactly when the item is up for sale... 

And even if the 5 sec refresh rate is not the case, you see who does multiple request per second or per 5 seconds... This is also a way of blocking the user... 

But now you are able to buy stuff, not like before... 

pcyber

i think the api has no 5 sec refresh rate only the game gui has this refresh rate. thats the point. because of this bots are faster...

YippadeePtato
5 hours ago, VonMesser said:

I dont agree. The prices are now less then before. Before you could not buy a KeyTool for 550 000 now its possible. If i am not mistaken then also the API has a 5 sec refresh rate and this means that the bot is not able to buy a thing in those 5 seconds. Before they did the request and knew exactly when the item is up for sale... 

And even if the 5 sec refresh rate is not the case, you see who does multiple request per second or per 5 seconds... This is also a way of blocking the user... 

But now you are able to buy stuff, not like before... 

I disagree with this. I was able to buy stuff before and with a discount, now I am unable to get a labs card below 175k. I have got a number of them under 100k and have made almost 20m of profits from beating bots on the market and I got both my keytools for 500k and 520k respectively. 

The 5 second refresh rate is most likely only there as it wasn't required to refresh every 0.1 seconds previously. That could easily be programmed out and probably has been for thousands of bots already. 

I am a frequent trader on the fleamarket, I can make around 10 requests every 5 seconds now when waiting for listings because there is no timer now, so why would I wait around for other people to swipe stuff up? This only proves who is active on the market and not who is using bots.  By your logic, I have sometimes bought 10+ items within 5 seconds, or spam refresh prices to see new listings, so I must be using bots. I probably spend more time messing around on the fleamarket than playing the game itself, but that doesn't make a bot. 

The recent change has made it very easy for bots to have the ultimate advantage when buying. There is still a small buffer time before items are listed, if you refresh enough you still sometimes see a 1 sec countdown like previously.  Bots don't have to compete with players any longer, they just compete with other bots. Which makes using a bot more profitable than ever before. 

Players are the only ones who suffer from the change. Especially players without roubles. 

Demiser1337

I agree to everything said in this thread, now bots have the ultimate advantage, real players dont, before you competed with other players and bots with the timer , some times you got lucky and got a cheap item like 1 out of 10 times or 1 out of 15, but now ... Nope. 

Im not gona promote other games or say that this is a good game , but look at crossout's auction house system, its great. The game may not be good but their auction house is. They had same problems as tarkov before they updated thier AH into what it is today.

You cant put an item to low or to high cuz people can put buy orders, example if we used their AH in tarkov and i wanted to sell my labs keycard for 10k i would put the item up but the guy with the highest buyout order would buy it, so lets say some1 wants to buy labs key card for 160k Max and i want to sell it for 10k i would automaticly sell it to the highest bidder and get 160k. same as if i wanted to buy a keycard from a certen person, this case a keycard, from person B for 220k i couldnt, cuz the lowest some1 is willing to sell the key card for is 175k i would automaticly buy the one for 175k.   This system also prevents hackers from transfering money from people they hacked , example puting up a box of cigarets for 10mil and then the hacked account would buy it and trasfer the money to the hackers account.     This system ultimately prevents all hacks,bots, etc. The price would be affixd to a certin Min and high if people could have buy orders. and the keycard would have somthing like a min 170k-max180k range. The players decide with buy orders what they are maximum willing to pay or sell it for,.either you wait and put up a low buy order and hope some1 sells it for quick cash or you just buy out the lowest sell order. So the supply-demand would always equal eachother.

sorry for bad english

FREEZED

how about add personal delay timer after every purchase for some time on market, then one bot can not get everything, and normal player hardly notices small added delay

Beddhead
16 minutes ago, FREEZED said:

how about add personal delay timer after every purchase for some time on market, then one bot can not get everything, and normal player hardly notices small added delay

I think adding a personal delay timer would only increase the amount of bots on the market, which would  naturally increase the difficulty for actual people to get to a item first. An annoying fix would be to add a Recaptcha thing after each purchase, the reason for this is it would take a rather knowledgeable programmer to get their bot around the Recaptcha thing.

FREEZED
9 minutes ago, Beddhead said:

I think adding a personal delay timer would only increase the amount of bots on the market, which would  naturally increase the difficulty for actual people to get to a item first. An annoying fix would be to add a Recaptcha thing after each purchase, the reason for this is it would take a rather knowledgeable programmer to get their bot around the Recaptcha thing.

If only captcha could work somehow, at least i have problems to click it trough...

Obeimi

the situation at the moment is srsly bad. bots are manipulating prices badly, stuff that cost 4k now cost 30k, I have unlocked all the traders at lvl 4 so I could buy stuff I needed from them... no more. bots are just buying from traders all the items and then listing them at 500% more. this is really really bad.

Before it wasn't that good either, we need a better solution.

pcyber

i think it would be easy to filter those bots serverside. get the user hwid an ban them.

Obeimi
6 minutes ago, pcyber said:

i think it would be easy to filter those bots serverside. get the user hwid an ban them.

I don't think BSG is really interested in it, or they would start ban hammering a poo load of ppl. It's very easy to catch market bots.

sneezecheese

They we're talking about a captcha, I hope it's gonna be an easy one like drag this image over this image.

At least something where you don't have to use the keyboard

Elder_Drake

No game developer or programmer here but could they not measure metrics of how fast a key is being pressed per second or millisecond? Maybe also flag accounts that have trader rep going up way faster than is the norm (i.e. the guys with 1500 rep), start logging their transactions (if not already), and if it looks crazy issue a ban? I get that this script kiddies are manipulating the game engine but you can not tell me that there is no way to tell that little Billy is pressing a certain key sending request to the BSG server like a hoped up kid on Ritalin and Cocaine having a Grand Mal Seizure as he manipulates time to somehow send 10,000 key presses in 1 second.

That kind of metric data leaves no doubt that someone is running a script as I challenge anyone to manually spam a key 10,000 times in a second or hell even 1,000, or 100 for crying out loud. At the very least have a system that temporarily blocks trades from players that are DDOS'ing the damn Flea Market, I think I could live with a 24 hour Flea Market ban if I somehow pressed a key buying something 100 times in a second or hell even a dozen times.

Edited by Elder_Drake
  • Like 1

Reymt

Yeah that does look a bit fishy, doesn it. The best shotgun AP shell just happened to be bought up in the thousands by one guy by a level >60 trader. Also some very trustfully looking l90 traders.

Unbenannt.png

bigfatdabs

oh look they deleted all the post talking about this issue in detail how nice trying to hide the issue

YippadeePtato
3 hours ago, Reymt said:

Yeah that does look a bit fishy, doesn it. The best shotgun AP shell just happened to be bought up in the thousands by one guy by a level >60 trader. Also some very trustfully looking l90 traders.

Unbenannt.png

That is just clever, those are most likely not bots, just people who are cornering the market. Practically everything is going to see inflation due to this change as the only people who suffer are people without funds.  The traders with 1000-10,000 rep, are fishy if you ask me. 

I made around 6M since yesterday buying items and driving prices up to sell them, because I can't compete with bots on large profit items. Unfortunately inflation will become a big thing on highly sought after items, especially those with smaller limited supply but high demand. If there isn't a trader to buy these items from, you will soon see massive increases in costs of items. Item prices were kept down previously by the 60 second timer. It would create a 60 second buffer which allowed prices to drop as people would undercut eachother, regulating the prices and people would wait around to try sniping lower cost items. Now they just buy and it forces the price upwards. Especially with bots running rampant. 

-Rage-
Am 26.1.2020 um 17:50 schrieb YippadeePtato:

I probably spend more time messing around on the fleamarket than playing the game itself, but that doesn't make a bot. 

Bots dont play the game thats right and thats why this is my solution, I want to know what you guys think about it.
In my opinion it would solve a lot of the recent fleamarket issues and have people playing the game not the market ;)