Pay listing fee on fleamarket AFTER the item is sold.

NavyOfficerJay

NavyOfficerJay

Dear developers, I just wanted to sell an airfilter for 21k - I clicked on it - filter by item - checked the price and went to type in the price 21.000 then some bug occured (trust me it happens a lot but this time I didnt see it) and it had selected some bullets instead of the airfilter - the games fee system then taxed me over 900.000 rubels for a simple mistake. My suggestion to you is - only take the listing fee from the player after the item has been sold - this way I couldve seen my mistake and taken the bullets off the market. This simple change wouldve saved me a ton of money - which I had to grind for 1 hour to get. The other alternative would be adding a warning that tells players when they are about to list an item for MUCH TOO HIGH and it will ask them if they really want this and then they can fix the mistake. The way it is right now is just much too easy to duck up. Thanks

Edited by NavyOfficerJay
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree happens alot, always have to double ccheck what im putting since it happened to me as well, u sometimes have to deselect and reselect, but this shouldnt happen in the first place

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

You made a mistake, you suffer for it. Think of it this way - you use the street shop to sell your items, but why would the shop owner waste his time with you if your item is some junk no one wants or if he is not going to make anything out of the time he/she spent for you? It is completely fair, you just have to be careful 

Hello there,

It happends to me 2nd time. First time i wanted to sell a magazine case which i craft multiple times a day. I did what i did every time:

press filter by item, check the price but then i forget to click on the case. a single bullet was choosed and i loosed multiple millions of roubles. Yesterday i did the same thing with a bitcoin. Again multiple millions lost. Dear BSG and Dear Nikita could you pls make the filtered by item is the one choosed in add offer tab? This would be super great and prevent me from wasting my roubles for nothing. 

i dont think its in your interest to decrease peoples fun of your  great game by destroying there roubles.

Thanks, keep up your good Work with the Game and sorry for my broken english 

uLaGa 

• 10 months later...
GreenandSlimy

I had just listed my T H I I C Item Case for sale and I decided shortly after that I wanted to keep it. Did not know you can lose the Tax if you cancelled and lost 2.01 million rubles. 

Spectator6

Ehh...

IMO the fee at listing is needed, otherwise what prevents someone from just posting and reposting items at arbitrarily high price points? 

By forcing the player to pay a listing fee each time, every item that is not sold hurts his bottom line a bit.

• Like 1

Yeah a warning system would help a lot. Like it could be checked in settings at how much tax you want in order to give you a warning. I haven’t fallen victim yet because I am paranoid as hell.

Edited by 6owx
Grammar