Mithradantor

Option to match make to rank

Mithradantor

I have lost over 5 million today, every time I hit someone 5-6 times and they dont die, then they literally 1 hit KO me eventhough I wear rank 4+ face mask with shield... I am really sick and tired of this nonesense. How is a new-ish player supposed to become better if you non-stop play against high level players that are over geared. This community too... if you say something like this, all the people with high level gear always flame you "git gud", "learn to play", bla bla bla...

Best game ever but too hard due to either high levels camping their ass off, or high levels 1 hit KO'ing you after taking 5-6 or sometimes even more hits.

I really would like to see an optional mode where you can match against people +- your own rank or level to make it more fair.

let the flaming start :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Bjornbutt

It should be monetary matching. New players that come in mid wipe cant afford much. At most some class 3 armor and decent sks with some prs bullets you found are all you have. Then they get gunned down by some player with class 5 or above armor and a million dollar M4 with recoil control maxed out. These top level players have no recoil at all with these guns on full auto, hosing you down a hallway with 60 round mags of top pen ammo. Meanwhile you cant hit the broadside of a barn even with a modestly modded ak-74m using US ammo in the begining.

• Like 1

Rhaziello

I absolutelly agree with my predecessors. I bought this game ~2 weeks ago aftery my favorite streamers started smashing it.

And no wonder, I fell in love. The level of detail this game provides is mindblowing and there's nothing like it. BUT!
Holy, fck how hard it is to progress the main story or leveling for a 30ish casual-gaming dad, with just a couple of hours a day to play.

I mean I would love the 'git gud' or 'l2p' but I just can't, this is probably the most time I will ever have to hone my skills. That does not mean that I dont want to progress through the game, right? What I want is that all players are federated into ranks and are pitched against other people of similar rank.

To make an example:

I still havent completed the first Prapor quest where I need to kill 5 scavs in Customs. Why? Well, you can say I am bad at aiming, or hearing, or both, or poor game awareness. Whatever, the reason doesn't matter. Most of time I die to a player. I am fine with dying, to scavs too, but holy dip, not having extracted in ~40 raids does feel bad. Makes me lose faith.

I am sure BSG has enough statistical data about each player to make matchmaking more 'smart'. Just pitch those poor, noob basterds like me against other poor, old and blind. Just compare the K/D ratio or maybe extraction rate and match by that. Make it an optional mode, make the rewards less.

Just give poor sobs like a purpose, a sense of achievement when I can finally extract, even if the rewards are watered down.

Sagaraein

Right, before all the hardcore players come in here with the usual "Nikita said its hardcore and it will always be hardcore so bite down and take it rough" i have to say although i don't agree with their methods of saying it i have to agree with it. I am new to Tarkov myself and have had to learn many rough lessons in a short time. I don't have a ton of time to play Tarkov and git gud either. They will never make any form of ranked matchmaking from what i have understood from previous posts regarding this topic. There is a limited player base since this is a niche game and it would honestly make matchmaking queues horrendously long. But hey! let me give ya something instead.

Here are some good survival tips:

1. Find people to play with! This game is terrible to play solo. (People like to point out that the game isn't intended to be played alone and it sure isn't unless you are a god at the game or just hacking) Go trough the forums and find people to play with. There are tons of groups out there. This literally made the game playable for me.

2. Take it slow. One of my flaws during the first two days was that i ran too much. Made a ton of noise. Audio directions in this game are terrible but you can hear a mouse fart 2 km away so rushing around makes people quickly aware of your location usually leading to a well placed bullet in the noggin.

3. Ammunition matters! Does it ever! This is like the biggest flaw i made... Running out there with cheap ammo. Tons of charts floating around. Costs extra but man will it shred trough that big fat armor winning those gunfights where you feel like you hosed someone down only to have them turn around and bonk you on the head.

4. End game guns are not all they are hyped to be. A good Hunter Vepyr is devastating when equipped with good grade point 3. Does not cost a arm and a leg but it will get the job done!

5. Embrace the inner scav rat! This i can not stress enough! Go around and just avoid everything. Heard a gunshot far in front of you? Best do a 180 and see if there's stuff in the other direction! Hear a bunch of NPC scavs walking around? Good! That means that there is free loot without pesky PMC's around! Keep a eye on your surroundings! See movement? if its not coming your way don't bother it! If you spawn in to the game with a Labs key, don't be afraid of booking it to the nearest extract! That 180k will serve you good!

Don't worry too much tho, this game will have another wipe coming at some point so nothing you do really matters in the long run.

Enjoy it and good luck!