Jump to content
Rockbuddy9

Game Server Selection For Matches

Recommended Posts

Rockbuddy9

I was playing on Woods in an attempt to unlock Jaeger. He is a very important merchant, so I brought some extra firepower with me. I just wanted to have the opportunity to at least fight back longer range, so I brought my semi-expensive Mosin (around 100k Roubles, give or take 10k)

The server I noticed connected me to a not US server, despite living in North America (Canada). I was unable to shoot the Scav in front of me due to the fluctuating ping between 150-350ms(normally between 30-90ms).He was rubber-banding and so was I. I wish I had NVidia highlights turned on, when he shot  me, he was still entirely behind cover. As I was dying I caught what I thought to be a glimpse of him moving out of cover but it's hard to tell without a video,  but that's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Please don't place people on servers outside of their region. Implement a region lock stopping people entirely from connecting to the wrong hemisphere. I was lucky and only lost around 180k roubles, but someone else might die to some serious rubber banding and lose more. Either way, it's frustrating and it makes me not want to play the game until the problems are resolved.

If the game did select the proper server in the US, then I had a very uncharacteristic experience anecdotally for myself. I've never seen the server sit between 150-350ms, but there was one occasion is connected me to an east coast sever, where the ping was sitting somewhere between 80-130(which is manageable, but not ideal)

I'm not going to ask for my stuff back, because that can be easily made again, it'll just take some time. All I want is that this gets resolved so people do not have to suffer as I did. This game is good, when it works, you only die to your own mistakes.

Edited by Rockbuddy9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
illLegit

Rockbuddy, close your game, and in the launcher, you can select what regions you want to connect to.

By default, it's on "Auto" and will try to connect you close to home, but if there's no availability it will send you further. If you select your regions however, you will be locked to just the servers your specify. I personally have had no noticeably bad issues playing on the european servers because my ping doesn't fluctuate much, but I could see how it would be bad for you if you have such a high variance in yours.

Anyway, close game, pick the servers you want in launcher and you'll be good to go!

Note however, that there is much higher queue times for the North American servers vs the European ones, so expect that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockbuddy9
1 minute ago, illLegit said:

Rockbuddy, close your game, and in the launcher, you can select what regions you want to connect to.


 

I should have mentioned that I was already doing that and have it set to the lowest ping server available to me (Seattle). Thank you for bringing that up though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
illLegit
Just now, Rockbuddy9 said:

I should have mentioned that I was already doing that and have it set to the lowest ping server available to me (Seattle). Thank you for bringing that up though

Hrm, unless there's a bug I'm unaware of, you absolutely should only have been connected to the servers you specified. Only exception to that would be if you queue'd with someone else and they were the leader, then it would go off their server selections.

Perhaps your ISP just decided to poo the bed while you were in that raid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockbuddy9
Just now, illLegit said:

Only exception to that would be if you queue'd with someone else and they were the leader, then it would go off their server selections.

Perhaps your ISP just decided to poo the bed while you were in that raid?

ISP was running fine as I have a monitor for it open at all times, checking my constant bandwidth and ping (it was in normal parameters)

I was solo queuing as all my partners for the game are currently asleep. It without a doubt server related or client related, depending on what  caused the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arzzet

The thing you have lot of ping means nothing/doesn’t prove that locates you in another servers.

bsg was setting, upgrading, adding and mantaining servers this days, lot of backend happened aswell. That could cause a bad server performance resulting in lost connections and/or high ping where shouldn’t be. The thing that you say your ping was fluctuating is a possible prove of that. 
 

unless is a bug, a very rare one, is not possible to play in another server other than the one/s you have selected.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockbuddy9
2 minutes ago, Arzzet said:

The thing you have lot of ping means nothing/doesn’t prove that locates you in another servers.

bsg was setting, upgrading, adding and mantaining servers this days, lot of backend happened aswell. That could cause a bad server performance resulting in lost connections and/or high ping where shouldn’t be. The thing that you say your ping was fluctuating is a possible prove of that. 
 

unless is a bug, a very rare one, is not possible to play in another server other than the one/s you have selected.

That is something that I keep in mind, but when that happens, the server performance usually goes up 40-50ms more, not sitting at a minimum of 150 when the normal  max is 90. I am thinking this is some rare bug. Regardless, I hope this doesn't happen to many more people as it was frustrating having my opportunity to play the game robbed from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2