Sign in to follow this  
Runny_Blumpkin

Flea Market is BROKEN!

Runny_Blumpkin

The Screen shots below are just a single example of how broken the Flea Market is.  The screens show the Blue NC Star laser, that Skier sells for 4428 rubles, is sold out with nearly an hour left until restock.  I then scroll thru a full page of sold offers until I reach the offers where some clowns have bought hundreds of these things and have jacked the price up around 500%.  So for an hour, people can either pay their outrageously inflated prices or go without the item.  Again, this is just one example of the abuses going on in the current system.  There are hundreds of examples just like this.  If you remove the vendor restock timer and make the item availability infinite, this would not be happening, because the clowns doing it wouldn't be able to buy every item on the market, because the items would be limitless.  The current scheme is absolutely flawed.

2020-01-25[12-48] (0).png

2020-01-25[12-48] (2).png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

DenOndeBonde

If you put quantities as 1 it removes all the red from the market :D

and allso vendors that are sold out

• Like 2

Bot_3

just run a different laser...

icecreamshampoo

What isn't broken in EFT lol.

• Upvote 1

Runny_Blumpkin
6 minutes ago, Bot_3 said:

just run a different laser...

That is a solution, but that's not the point.  As I said, there are countless examples of this going on throughout the Flea Market.  It's not about the laser at all.  It's about the system, which has a giant flaw. 

4 minutes ago, icecreamshampoo said:

What isn't broken in EFT lol.

Touché.  

• Like 1

Amenosiris

1000 roubles for 7.62 BP is fun....

• Like 1

GrimmCro

Capitalism, baby!

• Upvote 1

pcyber
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Amenosiris:

1000 roubles for 7.62 BP is fun....

yes because of this;

Bot_3

If prapor is out of 7.62 bp maybe run something 5.56 or 5.45 or 9x19... If skier is out of the ll1 cheapest laser run the 2nd cheapest one from peacekeeper.

It sucks when the vendors are out of basic stuff hours before a reset, but did you ever think that that is specifically so people dont run the same exact load out, suicide run like its COD and not even look at all the other gadgets they put in the game.

Spend the extra 4000 on a different laser, spend the extra 500/pop on ammo, if your not sitting on millions by this point in the wipe then its your playstyle that needs tweeking. 

nosupport

Support is broken too, 22 days, no answer. Cant login, cant reset password.

• Sad 2

Runny_Blumpkin
3 hours ago, Bot_3 said:

If prapor is out of 7.62 bp maybe run something 5.56 or 5.45 or 9x19... If skier is out of the ll1 cheapest laser run the 2nd cheapest one from peacekeeper.

It sucks when the vendors are out of basic stuff hours before a reset, but did you ever think that that is specifically so people dont run the same exact load out, suicide run like its COD and not even look at all the other gadgets they put in the game.

Spend the extra 4000 on a different laser, spend the extra 500/pop on ammo

Firstly, as stated SEVERAL times above, its not the laser or any other item, its the system that's broken.  It allows for abuses that should be corrected.  Did you even read the thread before you posted?

3 hours ago, Bot_3 said:

if your not sitting on millions by this point in the wipe then its your playstyle that needs tweeking. 

Maybe you should have taken a closer look at the screen shot I posted in the original post before you made your snide little comments.

Once again, its not about the money, or how much one has or doesn't have, its about the abuse of a system put in place by the devs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PGR70

I agree with TS. Countless of screens with 'red' out of stock items. RK0 foregrips, scopes (e.g. Valday), headsets (Sordin, Peltor), lasers, all good stuff is sold out at the traders within minutes. You cannot by all these articles unless you are willing to pay 2-5 times as much for the article.

Removing the timer has made things only worse...

Runny_Blumpkin

Here is another example of abuse, just of a different kind.  This time, the same clown went through and purchased all of the LZSh Light Helmets from Ragman, and posted 85 of them per lot at a healthy profit.  Because there is no limit to the number helmets a person can buy per reset, there is once again abuse of the system.  Another option would be to significantly increase the number of items available per reset, or simply set it to infinite, so one clown cant go through and corner the market on an item.  258793468_2020-01-2613-49(0).thumb.png.5b11e16da2abfa3b7efaa539043a2fb5.png

• Like 2

Obeimi

all of this is seriously a big damn joke! Do the devs read this forum? because they should address this thing IMMEDIATELY! It's really ruining everyone fun except for those bots or those super rich idiots that like to ruin other ppl game.

You just need traders with infinite items OR with INDIVIDUAL refresh time and quantity.

Please do something

Edited by Obeimi

dskpnk

Same hit happen in real life, for example when a new console is realease, people buy 10 and sells them for more when stock are empty, nothing broken from the flea, just capitalism is broken....

Try to catch the restock, and buy 10 of them !

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Obeimi
27 minutes ago, dskpnk said:

Same hit happen in real life, for example when a new console is realease, people buy 10 and sells them for more when stock are empty, nothing broken from the flea, just capitalism is broken....

Yeah so if I don't live in front a pc to wait for the restock, I can just go and shoot myself?

So I come back from work, ready to do some raid and... OH WAIT my gear cost now 500k more a piece because you know... capitalism.

There is a limit to realism. Let ppl have fun with the market, but let ppl that don't want to play the market to have at least a way to be able to buy stuff without being worried of spending 500% more each piece... just because someone want to have not 100milions but maybe 1000.

Runny_Blumpkin
49 minutes ago, dskpnk said:

Lets delve into your "real life" scenario.  In a "real life" economy there is more than one vendor for goods.  You can buy local, Internet, Amazon, etc., etc.  In very few instances are goods bought out from retailers completely and then pricing and distribution controlled by a third party.  This games economy is nowhere close to "real life". Lets get that straight.

Moreover, I would certainly hope you are not suggesting the economy is working as intended...that would just be dumb.

dskpnk

So for the dude not "living" behind his computer, there is nothing i can do if you NEVER manage to catch a restock and buy 20 lasers for your stocks, you can't have everything in a game if you don't have time to invest in.

Yeah and in the game there are more than one vendor for goods as every player in the market is a potential vendor... Ok there is only one NPC (producing goods). AS for real buy directly from the producer or buy to traders taking their comisions.

Edited by dskpnk

Bot_3

Yeah, as everyone gets richer then all the prices will go up.

why does it matter if you pay 30000 to fill each mag? If you dont like the price then dont buy it.

Do you want them to just get rid of the flea market all together because their are the losers that sit trading all day just to get their market rep up to over 100? Seriously, what do you want them to do?

If every loadout is just a drop in the bucket pricewise, you might as well just play COD so you dont have to go throught the motions of buying the same poo after every death, hell thats pretty much what it is now.

Im going to go buy 100s of you lasers at 20000/piece and then delete them from my inventory just for you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Runny_Blumpkin
1 hour ago, Bot_3 said:

Yeah, as everyone gets richer then all the prices will go up.

why does it matter if you pay 30000 to fill each mag? If you dont like the price then dont buy it.

Do you want them to just get rid of the flea market all together because their are the losers that sit trading all day just to get their market rep up to over 100? Seriously, what do you want them to do?

If every loadout is just a drop in the bucket pricewise, you might as well just play COD so you dont have to go throught the motions of buying the same poo after every death, hell thats pretty much what it is now.

Im going to go buy 100s of you lasers at 20000/piece and then delete them from my inventory just for you.

Did you even read the thread before you posted?  Your reply suggests you did not.  I will break it down with the smallest words with the least number of syllables as possible because reading is obviously not your strong suit.  This thread IS NOT about some laser, or any other item in particular.  It is about a broken system that needs to be revamped.  Sorry, is revamped too big a word?  It means to be improved upon.  The Flea Market needs to be improved.  Made better.  Fixed.

For those not willing to read the thread, again, this is NOT about any item in particular.  It is about the fact that the market is BROKEN.

On a side note, Bot_3, all your rhetoric and verbal bravado makes you look immature and ludicrous.

NazT_DragN
5 hours ago, Runny_Blumpkin said:

For those not willing to read the thread, again, this is NOT about any item in particular.  It is about the fact that the market is BROKEN.

Unfortunately this is something that has been brought up many times before and just been either ignored or made worse.

Spoiler

2020-01-27[05-11] (0).png

2020-01-27[05-12] (0).png

2020-01-27[05-12] (1).png

2020-01-27[05-12] (2).png

2020-01-27[05-12] (3).png

Here's the same problem, just reversed with prices. Monstrum being sold by Jaeger for 30k...spam listed for as low as 18k in order to abuse and boost trader rank.

If there weren't so many posts already about this same problem, I'd write my own and have almost 20+ screenshots to add to it.

Like it's been said...multiple times...it's the system that's broke, and it has nothing to do with the actual items being sold, or at what price. Not only that, but with the small amount of time it takes to configure the search filter, most of anything you are looking for has already been bought and listed in the next cycle for a higher price.

All this is doing, is making the economy worse by clogging the FM to where it takes longer (for everyone actually playing EFT and not glued to the FM), and making things worse overall for the game itself. I knew back when the FM was first teased to the public, that it would end up in disaster. Playing to the Human Being's sin of greed by creating a Player Controlled Economy, is one of the worst things that could be done in a game that requires players to scavenge and hoard different types of items in order to progress through the 'Survival' that is EFT.

Edited by NazT_DragN
  • Like 3

dskpnk

Don't understand your problems, having small stock from NPC traders lead to a more player based economy, so what your laser cost 10k instead of 4k ? What a drama ! Tha game is totally broken, omg omg.....

Once again people a re crying cause they can't have the first items of the list for 4k when just scrolling a bit allow you to buy it for 4.5k, people are so stingy even with pixel money....

And finaly i see so many guys complaining about x or y reasons, but none of you try to suggest things to fix or improve...

• Like 1

Runny_Blumpkin
1 hour ago, dskpnk said:

Don't understand your problems, having small stock from NPC traders lead to a more player based economy, so what your laser cost 10k instead of 4k ? What a drama ! Tha game is totally broken, omg omg.....

Once again people a re crying cause they can't have the first items of the list for 4k when just scrolling a bit allow you to buy it for 4.5k, people are so stingy even with pixel money....

And finaly i see so many guys complaining about x or y reasons, but none of you try to suggest things to fix or improve...

You have obviously NOT read the post before adding your comments.  Perhaps you can learn to read. I will address your comments point by point.

1 hour ago, dskpnk said:

Don't understand your problems, having small stock from NPC traders lead to a more player based economy, so what your laser cost 10k instead of 4k ? 

The cost of the laser is not 10k as you suggest, its 20k, which is a 500% increase in cost.  Maybe you should go back to the original post and try looking again.

1 hour ago, dskpnk said:

Tha game is totally broken, omg omg.....

The only drama here is your post.  Others are commenting on the state of the game.  In your future posts, try contributing in a mature manner.

1 hour ago, dskpnk said:

Once again you have either not read the thread before adding your nonsense, or you have a reading comprehension problem.  There have been several suggestions as possible solutions to the problem,

as evidenced here...

On 1/26/2020 at 2:02 PM, Runny_Blumpkin said:

Because there is no limit to the number helmets a person can buy per reset, there is once again abuse of the system.  Another option would be to significantly increase the number of items available per reset, or simply set it to infinite.

In conclusion, reading is fundamental. I would recommend you read a thread before you post on its content.  And once you do post, try adding something of substance to the conversation.

Edited by Runny_Blumpkin

Bot_3

Oh now I see, it was all just a misunderstanding.

Your saying that since your net worth only increased by 21000%  its bullshit that the players increased item value by 500%. The market needs to be completely stagnant so that you.....?

And the obvious solution is to make the traders have infinity of all the things so you can save your money for when you finally escape from tarkov and your pixel money becomes real.

And people keep bringing up your oh so precious laser because thats the example YOU gave, I get that there are other purchasable items in the game such as the game breaking example NazT_DragN gave where the sight is nearly HALF the price of the trader.

The devs need to stop putting resources into the server issues so that this bullshit laser price gouging ends once and for all.  😒

NazT_DragN
2 hours ago, Runny_Blumpkin said:

Because there is no limit to the number helmets a person can buy per reset, there is once again abuse of the system.  Another option would be to significantly increase the number of items available per reset, or simply set it to infinite.

Unfortunately this solution was actually the initial state of the Traders when the FM was first introduced. The problem just became more compounded when BSG started with item limiting, and then reducing available items a second time shortly after, on top of making some of the Quest items "Found in raid only".

Now the items made in the hideout are considered 'Raid-found' to give players a way to work towards independence, by going through the research/time grinding in order to unlock/upgrade the stations that make these items.

3 hours ago, dskpnk said:

I'm only going to address this because it's not only the OP's problem, it's everyone's problem except for those that are manipulating the system. The example I gave was only because it expressly indicates the problem itself: "Items bought from Traders, no matter what the price, Placed on offer for less to ensure quick sales, thus manipulating the game in order to raise their personal 'Trading Rank' so that it opens more slots for offers.

All the system is, at this point in time, is a way for the Lazy Greedy People to gain stupid amounts of money, without having to 'work' (I guess the term is as good as any) by playing themselves and going through what the game was originally designed for (at least IMO)...conflict between PMC companies, between those companies and the Scav population, and the bosses that were added for each of their element backgrounds on specific maps.

The Flea Market, I believe still to this day, was only added because it made sense (for both player-base AND Lore) to have another way for the players to interact with each other, and buy/sell things that they find during their raids. This BS of 'finding a way to cheese the system by manipulating the Player Economy' is only done because of the greed in human nature.

There's no reason to have upwards of 45+ Million cash (average guess). The one and only reason to have that much is pure greed. The game runs fine without it, and has ran fine before the FM was added...where you only needed enough money to get what gear you needed from the Traders to go into raids with.

There is way more of a headache and scramble here, to tweak a featured mechanic and at least try to 'offset and balance' something that players are abusing. While the time spent doing that takes time and focus from things that actually keep the game itself going.

Think of that the next time you have to deal with stutters, netcode, and connectivity problems. Most of the Devs are probably burned out (and I wouldn't blame them one bit).

I'm not saying the game was perfect before. I'm saying that since the Flea Market...no the abuse of the Flea Market started (because for a while it was performing as intended), the initial planned roadmap for development has been dragged out way longer than anyone (Player AND Developer) could foresee, and the lapse in certain features and details have been proven to be a frustration of ALL parties, when they aren't finished in time to release with the patches they were planned for.

**I'm hoping this '3-book saga' of a post will finally open some eyes about WHY these situations are major problems, and NOT keep focusing on any specific price. Which has nothing to do with the problem in this post to begin with.**

• Like 2