Sign in to follow this  
oldmanskills

DEV please read , Wipes sucks for people who dont ...

oldmanskills

who dont have much time , im 35 a not as much time to play. I understand that the game is still in beta but we should have a way to keep our progress let the players chose if they want to go with the wipe or not. I understand the point of wipe and hell even understand how fun it could be for some.

But imagine playing Skyrim for 300 hours then next week getting your save game deleted. I dont really feel like going through the grind all over again. Its frustrating and this is the only thing for me that discourage me with this game. Please find a solution we arent all 16 yrs old with infinite free time. I'm a dad with a son and work non stop.

Thanks.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

icecreamshampoo

Dude wipes are 100% hardcore and realistic bro! Its so realistic dying as a PMC only to have to spend rubbles to heal your dead body so you can fight again! SO HARDCORE

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Pezzo1
15 hours ago, oldmanskills said:

who dont have much time , im 35 a not as much time to play. I understand that the game is still in beta but we should have a way to keep our progress let the players chose if they want to go with the wipe or not. I understand the point of wipe and hell even understand how fun it could be for some.

But imagine playing Skyrim for 300 hours then next week getting your save game deleted. I dont really feel like going through the grind all over again. Its frustrating and this is the only thing for me that discourage me with this game. Please find a solution we arent all 16 yrs old with infinite free time. I'm a dad with a son and work non stop.

Thanks.

Hi man, well I understand your point and like you we are many that aren't able to have that much free time because of family, kids, studies, work or whatever ... And I feel you when you have to redo everything from zero after a wipe despite all the previous efforts and investments you made to reach where you were in Tarkov.

However as you stated, the game is still in active development and wipe are sometimes unfortunately necessary when big changes happen in block such as new maps, guns, mechanics and changes in various values coming all together and that are requiring everyone to be on even grounds since some stuff are clients sides and other server side.

But don't worry, wipes won't happen once the development will be achieved and we won't have to go through this process ever again, but for now, we must endure it.

14 hours ago, icecreamshampoo said:

Dude wipes are 100% hardcore and realistic bro! Its so realistic dying as a PMC only to have to spend rubbles to heal your dead body so you can fight again! SO HARDCORE

Trying to play the sarcastic smart ass doesn't make you smart at all but makes you appear dumb. Also, if you don't have anything of value to say (that aren't out of subject like what you just wrote) you should remain silent instead of unnecessary flaming and flooding.

Edited by Pezzo1
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

oldmanskills
5 minutes ago, Pezzo1 said:

Hi man, well I understand your point and like you we are many that aren't able to have that much free time because of family, kids, studies, work or whatever ... And I feel you when you have to redo everything from zero after a wipe despite all the previous efforts and investments you made to reach where you were in Tarkov.

However as you stated, the game is still in active development and wipe are sometimes unfortunately necessary when big changes happen in block such as new maps, guns, mechanics and changes in various values coming all together and that are requiring everyone to be on even grounds since some stuff are clients sides and other server side.

But don't worry, wipes won't happen once the development will be achieved and we won't have to go through this process ever again, but for now, we must endure it.

Trying to play the sarcastic smartass doesn't make you smart and makes you appear dumb. Plus, if you don't have anything of value to say (that aren't out of subject like you just wrote) you should remain silent instead of unnecessary flaming and flooding.

Thanks for your reply , Tarkov community seems nice. I understand your point and i agree. I guess ill have to wait untill release after the wipe to play Tarkov again cause i cant be investing tons of hours again to get wiped over and over and over.

• Like 3

DarPound
2 hours ago, Pezzo1 said:

This is exactly what I am worrying about.

Mid aged guy plays 1-2 hours a day, if allowed. Finally upgraded all the hideout, puff.... wiped.

This could be a nightmare, in game or in real life.

Please make sure let ppl know when you no longe need to wipe, that will be a good point for me to pick up the game again.

Before that happen, emmmmm, Shroud's streaming is fun anyway........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GrimmCro

I can't play from Mon to Fri and I do alright.  Once you hit level 5 you've got the market at your disposal which pretty much allows you to even the playing field with people who have no obligations over the week and can just play.

What's next on the list of demands, that they make EFT Nine To Five version?

• Sad 3

GhostZ69
2 hours ago, DarPound said:

This is exactly what I am worrying about.

Mid aged guy plays 1-2 hours a day, if allowed. Finally upgraded all the hideout, puff.... wiped.

Please make sure let ppl know when you no longe need to wipe, that will be a good point for me to pick up the game again.

Before that happen, emmmmm, Shroud's streaming is fun anyway........

Unfortunately, wipes will continue to happen all the way up to and including release.  If they really frustrate you that much you will probably have to just put it down until launch.  However, as you get some more experience under your belt you will progress much faster.  I just got my Kappa this wipe.  It took me about another month longer last wipe to get my first and about two weeks longer to get my second.  Just play when you can and enjoy it for what it is then.

Grimm285
5 hours ago, Pezzo1 said:

So this isn't entirely true but at this point it could be, because i don't keep up with it anymore.  Awhile back maybe a wipe or two ago they talked about post launch wipes where it would work a bit like Diablo.  So you would have a perm PMC and a "season" pmc.  The seasons would span X amount of time and could only play against other "Seasonal" PMC's.  Basically to keep wipes active for those of us who get bored without wipes.  Idk if this is even still an idea especially casue they still talk about joining all the maps and make large full maps always going servers.  A Lot of this is pieced from over the years so who knows which parts will come to pass...or if it will lever leave beta

pcyber

they got so many new people the last month and with a wipe they are going to loose many of them..

• Like 2

cryodrollic
6 hours ago, oldmanskills said:

Thanks for your reply , Tarkov community seems nice. I understand your point and i agree. I guess ill have to wait untill release after the wipe to play Tarkov again cause i cant be investing tons of hours again to get wiped over and over and over.

I work 7am - to 7pm 5 days a week and I still make time to play the game and enjoy it, you dont need to have a ton of freetime to succeed in this game

Grimm285
10 minutes ago, pcyber said:

they got so many new people the last month and with a wipe they are going to loose many of them..

the wipe is still 3+ months away.  They said at-least not in the next two months in the dev blog which for them prob means no wipe for at least 4 months.  But i'm sure plenty won't come back, yet that is alright, tarkov was fine before the huge influx

Astalonte1985
14 hours ago, oldmanskills said:

Thanks.

They are needed. They need to have a clean poo. DO you understand the game is maybe a t 60% of total futures???. THey need to do it and I agree with them.

Start over like everyone else is not that bad

MercenarySR
Posted (edited)

I understand the wipe is kinda mandatory in order to test the game better, but what I do not understand, as somebody of a similar background like the author of this thread, is the wipe hype... Why everyone seem to be happy to lose everything and grind again. 🤷‍♂️

We are just 2nd day into the wipe, and I played a few raids, and to be honest - it sucks! It is also not true everyone is at level 0. There are still cheaters all around and nolifers who play day and night, and achieve level 20+ in 2 days. Good luck meeting those in a raid. They will be extracting with your stuff on their back.

Edited by MercenarySR
  • Upvote 2

dapps
1 hour ago, MercenarySR said:

Why everyone seem to be happy to lose everything and grind again

because there is literally nothing left to do once you hit 40 and finish the majority of tasks. the game has no end game so needs to be wiped to keep it fresh

that said, after being through 5 or 6 or 7 wipes (lost count after 3 years) and the constant things they do the just make no sense have left it becoming quite stale

SCvTyson
On 1/26/2020 at 3:16 AM, DarPound said:

This... 

There is no wipes in real life.

Saws_n_Sins
8 minutes ago, SCvTyson said:

This... 

There is no wipes in real life.

lol if this game treated it like real life whenever you die the very first time the game would just delete itself cause in real life you only get one life

CondorDrake

Yeah devs should totally focus on the demands of the players who don't play Tarkov very often and ignore the people who play regularly and are desperate for the next wipe after they had nothing left to do for several months...

• Hot 1

chrisragnar
On 1/25/2020 at 11:06 PM, oldmanskills said:

Thanks.

If playing the game again is such a pain the. Maby play something els, or wait for launch.

MrSmellybeard
On 1/25/2020 at 6:09 PM, Pezzo1 said:

My time that I can commit to gaming varies; however, I find that I'm just not able to sit and play is limited. I can only handle so much Tarkov haha, but I still think it's fun to play! I do understand where you and the OP are coming from; however, I also think that wipes are good for the game.

It's nice doing the progression and building up your stash of stuff, but the game also hits a point where everybody has that stuff and it's not as fun anymore. Early wipe gameplay is compelling. Progressing your character and loadouts is compelling. The end game is even compelling... for a time. Personally, I think Tarkov needs the wipes to keep it interesting, and I hope that BSG considers this after release. Regular wipes, perhaps like how Diablo 3 has seasons, could be very engaging for the game :)

Van_Hellspit

I feel you man, Im 34, kids work e.c.t, but to be honest I love a good wipe, this way were all on an even playing field for a few weeks, before the hardcore lot have thermal scopes and beef cake gear. Its nice to run around with a pistol and kill your own level people. Try think of the positive I say. 

Spectro887

Wipe is good, it took as the game had reached a dead end and I'm sorry to say I can understand you but if you don't have time to play it's certainly not the game's fault.It's a hardcore game, you need something more casual it seems.

traumacode

I cannot agree with you OP.  As someone who only gets to play 1-2 raids a night 2-3 times a week (if I am lucky), I had no problem getting quests done, leveling to 45 during the last wipe, and fully upgrading my hideout all while having fun. 

I also have 2 kids, a wife, and am a trauma surgeon for my profession.  If I can make time and still enjoy the game, I m pretty sure most people can.

Learnding
On 1/25/2020 at 8:15 PM, oldmanskills said:

No instead you'll invest all of your time getting everything you want then eventually leaving because there's nothing left to achieve other than killing people.

TheViper492
On 5/29/2020 at 9:12 AM, CondorDrake said:

Yeah devs should totally focus on the demands of the players who don't play Tarkov very often and ignore the people who play regularly and are desperate for the next wipe after they had nothing left to do for several months...

I understand that sentiment, that "The people that play the most should be the ones that are heard." but that doesn't work for many reasons. Basically, if you build a game to only cater to it's most hardcore players, then you've now made a game that only it's most hardcore players want to play. The "most hardcore" group in any game is also always that game's smallest group. That means that new players are turned away, and people that had an extremely negative first experience such as experiencing a wipe and having all their stuff taken from them will go to their friends and say, "Hey man. Don't buy Tarkov alright. The game is fun and all, but you have to grind for a month to reach the end and then they just delete all your stuff anyways. Biggest waste of time in my life." No their friends won't buy the game. Sure the game might be enjoyable for the most hardcore few, but your average players are the ones that generate money for the game and keep the servers populated. Without them and their money, the game dies. When the game dies, even you can't play it.

chrisragnar

It's not a question if to wipe or not. They have to wipe during major patches not only because they players to go thru the whole games mechanics again to check for bugs. But also because the new patch probably have changes that are not compatible with the current character data. 

If it's a really big problem for you, wait for release. Everyone playing are free to enjoy the game, but it's still a play test.