mama-jewtini

How can I start (newb)

mama-jewtini

Hey all,

Just got the game today after obsessing over it for about a week and I find the gunplay to be fantastic. I wanted to start learning customs, so I have been playing the map several times today in offline mode. I can traverse the map now without assistance and can find most extractions and stay alive (if I stay far away from dorms). This has made me start to think about Multiplayer/Online raids, but I am nervous as hell about losing my pistol and I am not sure of what to expect. Can you guys maybe fill me in on the best newbie approach to staying out of firefights but finding some weapons as well? I fully expect to die, but I would like to know of any tips from you pros out there before I dive in. Thanks in advance!

Rekonsile
11 minutes ago, mama-jewtini said:

Hey all,

Just got the game today after obsessing over it for about a week and I find the gunplay to be fantastic. I wanted to start learning customs, so I have been playing the map several times today in offline mode. I can traverse the map now without assistance and can find most extractions and stay alive (if I stay far away from dorms). This has made me start to think about Multiplayer/Online raids, but I am nervous as hell about losing my pistol and I am not sure of what to expect. Can you guys maybe fill me in on the best newbie approach to staying out of firefights but finding some weapons as well? I fully expect to die, but I would like to know of any tips from you pros out there before I dive in. Thanks in advance!

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. Tarkov is a game that every time you enter it can be a new experience. As you traverse the maps learn different flanking routes and learn how to avoid conflict. Newer players like yourself wont have the ability to down players in full kit till you acquire the right ammo types. Also the main sight has a Wiki look through it read about the quests and definitely check out the ballistics charts.

mama-jewtini
8 minutes ago, Rekonsile said:

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. Tarkov is a game that every time you enter it can be a new experience. As you traverse the maps learn different flanking routes and learn how to avoid conflict. Newer players like yourself wont have the ability to down players in full kit till you acquire the right ammo types. Also the main sight has a Wiki look through it read about the quests and definitely check out the ballistics charts.

Did not know about the Wiki, thanks a bunch!

Rekonsile
1 minute ago, mama-jewtini said:

Did not know about the Wiki, thanks a bunch!

Alot of players don't and many blame the game when they die when in reality they are the reason they are doing bad they don't want to learn the game. Veritas and Pestily are good streamers to watch. They also have loads of videos that are good for info. However every patch changes the game significantly. So the newer ones are typically better.

At0mApple

If you have anymore questions you can pm me on discord and Ill try to help you out! Josh#6868

African_Plz

Only way it to just go for it buddy, you will die, lots, and you will loose your guns lots. But thats how you learn. Worst thing is to have gear fear, no point keeping your guns in your inventory where youll never use them. Just play over and over and youll have good raids and bad raids but youll keep getting better and learn the spots and what guns are good and what to/not loot etc.

Xynergize

go into offline raids with the guns your trying to use in Online to get a good feel forr the power etc>>HAs helped me alot when trying new weapons to go into online mode with.