PrinzScheisser

Cannot download game

PrinzScheisser

whenever i try to to download the game, i get an error saying that "Unable to load the file "Client.0.2.12.5633.zip" Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed"

it causes my download to pause, and i get it every 10-20 mins or so.

i just need a fix or i need a way to get a refund.

anything you know that might help, please share.

Screenshot (74).png

owenp

Same issue here, no clue how to fix it, just figured I'd let you know you're not alone.  My client download fails on the exact same file. '0.12.2.5633.zip'

image.png

Edited by owenp

Niallg20

Same issue...My game worked fine...then had to delete and re-install...since then I've had this error message every time I try to install the game through the bsg launcher...not impressed

20200126_235418.jpg

Gehb

No one will ever reply with a fix, so ill just add another "same" on the pile.

heynow

Follow these steps and download the actual game files when the launcher isn't working. For me, it happens with any  major update.

Edited by heynow

PotatoWarriah

I see these errors are not related to 'post download consistency check'.

"Unable to read data from transport connection" => might be related to malware.

Check this

I see these errors are not related to 'post download consistency check'.

"Unable to read data from transport connection" => might be related to malware.

Check this 

Yaron_R

If the issue persists and you want a refund I can grantee you that you will get the TOS shoved in front of you like its holy scripture and get told that there are no refunds. 

But you can get your money back the same way I did. If you live in the EU (or any western county worth its salt) you have the right to request your money back. What I did was submit a ticket to BSG about my game stuttering to the point where it was unplayable and I wanted my money back. They of course quoted their worthless TOS and refused. I contacted my bank and requested a chargeback on the transaction. I explained that the game was pre-order and added a screenshot of BSG refusing a refund. The consumer law of my country guarantees refunds on pre-orders and faulty products so my bank fully sustained my claim and I got my money back in three days. 

In short you can get your money back but BSG just added a few more steps to the process. 

Its a interesting topic. Especially in the coming year with new EU digital consumer rights that obligate the seller to fix faults in  digital performance or the consumer is entitled to a discount or full refund within 14 days. As well as a warranty period on computer games that cannot be shorter than two years. Source (in Norwegian) https://www.forbrukertilsynet.no/nye-digitale-forbrukerrettigheter

Vycross

I uninstalled my launcher and reinstalled it in the same folder as I tried to install the game and it worked.

SOLO_FOUROHSIX
On 4/30/2020 at 3:05 PM, Yaron_R said:

If the issue persists and you want a refund I can grantee you that you will get the TOS shoved in front of you like its holy scripture and get told that there are no refunds. 

But you can get your money back the same way I did. If you live in the EU (or any western county worth its salt) you have the right to request your money back. What I did was submit a ticket to BSG about my game stuttering to the point where it was unplayable and I wanted my money back. They of course quoted their worthless TOS and refused. I contacted my bank and requested a chargeback on the transaction. I explained that the game was pre-order and added a screenshot of BSG refusing a refund. The consumer law of my country guarantees refunds on pre-orders and faulty products so my bank fully sustained my claim and I got my money back in three days. 

In short you can get your money back but BSG just added a few more steps to the process. 

Its a interesting topic. Especially in the coming year with new EU digital consumer rights that obligate the seller to fix faults in  digital performance or the consumer is entitled to a discount or full refund within 14 days. As well as a warranty period on computer games that cannot be shorter than two years. Source (in Norwegian) https://www.forbrukertilsynet.no/nye-digitale-forbrukerrettigheter

The reason for your stutters was most likely because you only 8 or 16GB ram. I had to upgrade to 32GB because EFT has a bad memory leak, but after the upgrade I havent experienced any stutters.