Sign in to follow this  
Rockbuddy9

New Flea Market Changes

Rockbuddy9

I would like to preface this by saying, that  due to my inability to be successful with the main game, the flea market is my main place of making money (I have made over 4m Roubles as of this post).

I noticed, whether this change is recent or otherwise, that sometimes when you buy offers very quickly, the game will rob you of your money and kick you out to the main menu. I've never had this problem until tonight. I never read the text message for it very well but it said something about moving it to an inventory slot that taken (don't quote me on that). I've lost between 430,000-500,000 Roubles so far tonight because of this. When you use the market to sell stuff, you have to be insanely fast, to beat out the bots quickly and effectively.

I was thinking that instead of punishing players like myself, as a guided attempt to reduce the bots from dominating the marketplace, make it so every time the refresh key is hit prior to it being ready, that it adds time to the next refresh. This would significantly destroy bots, especially because they can have some next level timing due to some programs available for auto-key hitters.

Another idea I have is to sink the selling time to the sellers system clock, rather than have it upload to the server and then be clientside, that would 100% fix people from abusing the system clock. Furthermore, after you implement this change (without telling people), you should actively punish people who attempt to exploit it, that way you can have an idea of who was doing it to make some money. My guess would be the accounts with over a 2000 rating on their merchant score, but that's just a guess.

NazT_DragN
3 hours ago, Rockbuddy9 said:

I was thinking that instead of punishing players like myself, as a guided attempt to reduce the bots from dominating the marketplace, make it so every time the refresh key is hit prior to it being ready, that it adds time to the next refresh. This would significantly destroy bots, especially because they can have some next level timing due to some programs available for auto-key hitters.

This would hurt more legit players than it would those using bots/scripts. Constant refreshing, is one of the few ways that even gives players a chance to get something before it sells out.

I've been having to constantly refresh while spamming my Y key across a time span of about 10min at a time or so, just to get things that Traders sell for under 5k-10k, but the Traders are always sold out and their items being sold by players at more than 30k+. On the flip side, I have screens of the Monstrum Compact Prism Scope sold by Jaeger for 30k, be spam listed for as low as 18k so that they sell fast and boost trader rating.

This is Escape from Tarkov, not Flea Market Showdown.

Rockbuddy9
9 hours ago, NazT_DragN said:

This would hurt more legit players than it would those using bots/scripts. Constant refreshing, is one of the few ways that even gives players a chance to get something before it sells out.

This is Escape from Tarkov, not Flea Market Showdown.

The newer bots spam refresh. The key is pressed well over 10 times per second, while with the method I propose, promotes reaction times instead of just mashing the button hoping to get something new out of it. This would make it closer to a timing effort rather than a spam, that way players are more interactive with it, instead of just worrying about APM when it comes to the market.

I am well aware of what this game is, I can play it however I like. I am merely suggesting what I believe to be improvements to one of the games's  mechanics.

TheKillerSmalls

Maybe I'm buying the wrong items or I'm too new to the game to experience the issues you guys are having. I haven't had a problem sniping items and I've made $1m in the last two days buying and selling lightbulbs.

Rockbuddy9
On 1/27/2020 at 12:05 PM, TheKillerSmalls said:

Maybe I'm buying the wrong items or I'm too new to the game to experience the issues you guys are having. I haven't had a problem sniping items and I've made $1m in the last two days buying and selling lightbulbs.

The issue is say if you go to purchase an item from the store, then, before that item is sent to your inventory, you manage to purchase 2-5 more items (from different sellers).The game will give you an error code, where you transfer over the money to the server, not the seller. You won't get the item, the seller will not sell the item, but the server will eat your money. It's easily repeatable. It seems to vary mostly on server stability.

Maxson_
Am 27.1.2020 um 21:05 schrieb TheKillerSmalls:

try the military checkpoint key, i kept buying this key from people who sold it under the value of what the therapist gives you and i made quite a bit of this key.

i was just trying to see if it works and im not doing it anymore so i dont care if others do it :P