GigxFitz

New gear ideas

GigxFitz

A tactical belt or gun fighting belt would be a really good idea to add to the game. The new pouch system would work well with this gear item. The belt allows for the addition of different pouches/holsters. Rifle/pistol/mag dump pouch could be added for extra carrying capacity or way to run a light weight kit. download.jpg.3e4147c89d852c28fbba636b5a81c24b.jpg

-Drop down serpa holster could allow for faster draw time. download.jpg.f9873a5befc0580b436a09cd3586cd21.jpg

-Dump pouch could allow for rapid reload without throwing mags on the ground. Draw backs could be that the reload Isn't as fast as a regular rapid reload but not as slow as a regular reload. Once mag goes in the pouch it must be physically removed and put back in your vest to use/reload. 

download.jpg

- The addition of light leg armor could be attached as well.701128fc09af2532f5e0b918566a9019.jpg.ffa0ae4ecdc813178cb9385d59da2bd5.jpg.bb033fac1f639d2928ff436be0aa5775.jpg

Edited by GigxFitz
  • Like 1

Xynergize

Hahaha damn I’m liking the first and last ideas a lot .Leg protection seems like a must!!

• Like 1

icecreamshampoo
1 hour ago, Xynergize said:

Hahaha damn I’m liking the first and last ideas a lot .Leg protection seems like a must!!

Leg protection is coming, its been confirmed in the Wiki.

• Like 1

GigxFitz
2 hours ago, icecreamshampoo said:

Leg protection is coming, its been confirmed in the Wiki.

I saw that it was coming connected to armor but this may allow leg armor with other armor types. (if that is the case.)

jj2713153

If you know anything about slinging you’d know that leg holsters are a thing of the past. Most dudes wear them on their belt like the crye precision MRB with a drop down paddle so it sits it below the belt. SERPA holsters are also a thing of the past. Safari land holsters are most SOF units use as well as kydex with or without retention. 

A few things need to change to make the game more emersive ( so to speak).

on the standard green crye trousers why does he have a knee pad on over the top of the hole where the air flex knee pad goes?

have you ever tried wearing knee pads on jeans? (Recent update guy wears knee pads over jeans).

lets get some uniformity in the game. Green crye AVS. How about a multi cam version. Helmet covers for the ops core and airframe. Multicam trizip. Multicam crye uniform. Etc. Does not have to be multicam but there needs to be the ability to wear the same colour. At the minute it looks like your dude has just walked through an airsoft convention. 

Now guns. The bane of my tarkov life. I have a love hate relationship. Downgrips.......you would think it’s 2004. Having a down grip on our weapon does not make you manage recoil. The bigger the down grip does not equate to better recoil management. Most top shooters and SOF units use afgs or shorty grips (reference point) or none at all. Get it as far forward on the rail as you can and get your hand/ thumb as high / over the bore As you can. That’s how you control recoil and transition from target to target. 

But stocks on AR platforms or platforms with a buffer tube. Why are the stocks collapsed?

reticles. Why is the recticle on the aim point like 7 MOA. Where in reality it’s not. It’s a small precise dot. Not a big fuzzy blob.

remove weapon ranging on sights that have a BDC.

why can’t I put my ancills anywhere in the rail?

i could go on.

i love the game and what it’s acheived. I’ve been playing this game before it was even an online game. I just wish they would ask for advice. This is what separates a good game from a ground breaking game.

• Confused 1

CreamyCowboy

Game goes to poo when they start taking advice from everyone that thinks they know everything.

• Like 1

AdhesiveTeflon
2 hours ago, jj2713153 said:

If you know anything about slinging you’d know that leg holsters are a thing of the past. Most dudes wear them on their belt like the crye precision MRB with a drop down paddle so it sits it below the belt. SERPA holsters are also a thing of the past. Safari land holsters are most SOF units use as well as kydex with or without retention. 

Have fun with that when your ifak sits over your dominant side hip right above your belt holster.  When I got out the blackhawk serpa was still the only standard issue holster, while some opt to put it on their chest webbing.

• Like 1

GigxFitz
4 hours ago, jj2713153 said:

I recently retired and was in charge of gear issue, Serpa is all we order so that's why i used it as an example. I dont know everything but the characters are PMCs not SOF. I like your ideas, though i don't think they will get to those details. 

9ac3818cfb28c883ef41971e754e6644.jpg.370d05aa5025e95ebbad55c1de659fee.jpg

-SAS wearing drop leg holster during real hostage rescue

Edited by GigxFitz
  • Like 2

desro88

jj2713153 What branch were you under in the British military? Armed police unit? Seeing as your British, If you were not in one or the other I would take anything you say with two grains of salt, Being as you guys don't have any guns and have to go threw leaps and bounds to even get a 22lr or 12g for hunting purposes, So I assume you were in a branch? Because American vets are saying otherwise so the only thing i can think of without totally discrediting you is that things are different in the UK? That is assuming you were part of some kind of British armed unit. Just trying to figure out if it's fact's or fiction/hot air.

• Like 1

AdhesiveTeflon
11 hours ago, GigxFitz said:

I recently retired and was in charge of gear issue, Serpa is all we order so that's why i used it as an example. I dont know everything but the characters are PMCs not SOF. I like your ideas, though i don't think they will get to those details. 

-SAS wearing drop leg holster during real hostage rescue

I would also like to add that AFGs are uncommon in the military even among SOF units.  Most still use the standard issue broomstick/shaped foregrip; if used at all.

And the only time I've ever seen actual belt holsters used was when the person's only firearm was the pistol like gate MPs.

• Like 1