Can someone explain Customs map to me

smellati

Im new to the game ( I havent been able to extract yet). 

I hear customs is the map to play if you wanna pick up loot and gather some cash as a scav. My PMC guy only has a handgun so I only play online as a scav to gather resources. I try to avoid combat since all the pmc players outgear me and seem to play in groups of 2-3. 

My issue is that it keeps spawning me  by the Factory. From what i can tell, it's basically a big box of an area with only one exit through a opening in the wall. This is a high traffic area and an absolute death trap. I always hear people on the other side of the wall and try to avoid it but I dont see any other way around. Am I missing something here or is this part of the map design to funnel players into confrontation? 

1 minute ago, smellati said:

I hear customs is the map to play if you wanna pick up loot and gather some cash as a scav. My PMC guy only has a handgun so I only play online as a scav to gather resources. I try to avoid combat since all the pmc players outgear me and seem to play in groups of 2-3. 

My issue is that it keeps spawning me  by the Factory. From what i can tell, it's basically a big box of an area with only one exit through a opening in the wall. This is a high traffic area and an absolute death trap. I always hear people on the other side of the wall and try to avoid it but I dont see any other way around. Am I missing something here or is this part of the map design to funnel players into confrontation? 

Hi, you can request a sherpa from this link: 

You'll find for sure someone, included me who will be able to drive you through Customs's hell :D

You typically spawn opposite side of the map from where your extract is.Most places have two ways out unless it’s a building .If your struggling finding exits there’s always little jump spots to get over walls trains etc.You could for sure always go offline as a pmc on customs and traverse the map a few times to get a better understanding.

Barangolo
7 hours ago, smellati said:

1. Don't start at Customs. Customs is the map where most beginner quests take place, so it is the busiest map as there are a lot of new players now and greedy veterans who love to hunt noobs in packs, fully kitted, with thermals, because they don't like to challenge themselves. Indeed some chokepoints that are also camped often and AI are also never far away. Loot volume only makes sense if you survive, it should not be a reason for the first few weeks that you play this game. Go Shoreline initially, vast areas with time to run away from spawn point, AI are concentrated so avoidable.

2. When you spawn as a PMC, most AI scavs need some time to spawn in. Leave your spawn area as soon as you can, so AI will not shoot you right away and other players do not have time to find you at a bottleneck. If you see on the timer that you have a late-spawn compared to the full raid time (sometimes even minutes), then be extra careful as players can be just around the corner and AI spawned in as well.

3. Best thing you can do to learn how to find your way is to go offline first, set it to no-AI and learn the extracts, paths, lootpoints from the maps out there on the web and especially on the official wiki. Once you know a map well, have a map on your second monitor or print it out, so you always find your extract easily. Then start going into offline AI raids and when you know their patrol patterns, into live raids.

Entering this game with little map knowledge will just make you a free lunch for those who know the game and by now are geared to the teeth and hunt in packs. Most forum comments will advise you to just go in and do it, even when you just get killed nonstop. Don't listen to them, because they don't care about you having fun or have forgotten how they started. Take your time, learn at your own pace, you'll loose much less at the start this way.

It will get easier in time compared to the terrible start. But it will never get easy. Gear fear will also grow, as you progress and have more to loose.

i'm somewhat new as well and love playing on customs. i'm a solo player and have not really encoutnered the issue your speaking of at all. are you using a map to get your bearing?  from what you have said it sounds like your spawning near warehouse 4 alot. if your playing as a scav, check your targets, dont kill ai. if you kill ai all ai will turn against you and that will make your time harder. take some time when you spot an enemy and try to figure out if it's an ai or not(it will be obvious after a few seconds).

Try not to shoot first as if you shoot a player scav the ai will also turn against you. but once they shoot(and hit) first, they are free game. best bet as your starting out is to play it as a stealth game, do whatever you can to not get seen, go slow, stay hidden.