Sign in to follow this  
Bundybear

Exit campers

Bundybear

Watch out for the D!CKHEAD named            OZOZOZ           It likes to camp exits on Interchange. I had 3 seconds to exit and it shot me from a bush. Once exit timer starts we should be safe or take less damage. All the parasites have to do is camp exits and get all the loot. STUPID part of the game

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Poddighe

I hope that one day spawn points and exfil will be reworked. I don't like the way they are set atm.

Bundybear

Exits need another area around them with a timer,( timer is not visible to players ) if someone camps too long in that area a flare goes off to tell everyone there is an exit camper. Something needs to change with exits.

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

Xynergize

@BundybearthTs actually pretty smart .A scav shot flare showing there been to much single man activity in a single extract.Letting you know that campers are there.If that be the case .They need to open a second extract location so we’re not forced to go to a single point 

• Like 1

Godmax

Yes sounds good, do it now!

rewolb

the player that killed me was named Amiste these guys hid the entire raid and after almost running out of ammo killing scavs and not finding any players thought I should extract 

colin2611

I watched a well known streamer sitting sniping an extract earlier its condoned by the devs just look at gate 3 in factory its designed for campers.

Sir_Mossy
12 hours ago, Bundybear said:

Exits need another area around them with a timer,( timer is not visible to players ) if someone camps too long in that area a flare goes off to tell everyone there is an exit camper. Something needs to change with exits.

11 hours ago, Xynergize said:

@BundybearthTs actually pretty smart .A scav shot flare showing there been to much single man activity in a single extract.Letting you know that campers are there.If that be the case .They need to open a second extract location so we’re not forced to go to a single point 

8 hours ago, Godmax said:

Yes sounds good, do it now!

Or they can just eventually address extractions as a whole instead of adding a mechanic that logically makes no sense whatsoever. Instead of trying to limit how people decide to play, whether it be more aggressive or sitting at an extraction point for 30 minutes, how's about they address the lack of extraction point variety in various maps. Interchange literally has 1 extraction point not counting the vehicle extract, whereas every other map has multiple extraction points. All that would need to happen is that they add more infinite use extractions around the border of the map, such as in the far corner on the OLI side of the mall, as well as maybe 1-2 sprinkled around the border walls. Factory could use more extracts as well, seeings how there is only 1 extraction point that can be accessed without a key.

Basically, why don't they add more extraction points instead of adding in a senseless feature that will punish people for playing how they want to. In addition, it would be far easier to implement more extraction points than it would be to add in a feature like that, especially since it would drastically hurt the hardcore feel by essentially making an automated system reveal your location if you don't move enough.

1 minute ago, colin2611 said:

I watched a well known streamer sitting sniping an extract earlier its condoned by the devs just look at gate 3 in factory its designed for campers.

Except you're ignoring the fact that Factory was one of, if not the first, map made in this game back in 2016. That map hasn't been touched much other than adding in a few new quests for the location and changing spawn points around. What really needs to happen is an expansion and/or rework of the map that fixes the extremely linear feel the map has.

colin2611
3 minutes ago, Sir_Mossy said:

Or they can just eventually address extractions as a whole instead of adding a mechanic that logically makes no sense whatsoever. Instead of trying to limit how people decide to play, whether it be more aggressive or sitting at an extraction point for 30 minutes, how's about they address the lack of extraction point variety in various maps. Interchange literally has 1 extraction point not counting the vehicle extract, whereas every other map has multiple extraction points. All that would need to happen is that they add more infinite use extractions around the border of the map, such as in the far corner on the OLI side of the mall, as well as maybe 1-2 sprinkled around the border walls. Factory could use more extracts as well, seeings how there is only 1 extraction point that can be accessed without a key.

Basically, why don't they add more extraction points instead of adding in a senseless feature that will punish people for playing how they want to. In addition, it would be far easier to implement more extraction points than it would be to add in a feature like that, especially since it would drastically hurt the hardcore feel by essentially making an automated system reveal your location if you don't move enough.

Except you're ignoring the fact that Factory was one of, if not the first, map made in this game back in 2016. That map hasn't been touched much other than adding in a few new quests for the location and changing spawn points around. What really needs to happen is an expansion and/or rework of the map that fixes the extremely linear feel the map has.

open first door begin extraction problem solved map has had new extractions added i was here 2016 too buddy.

its condoned.

Grimm285

have you guys tried killing the campers before they kill you?  that seems super effective to me

YippadeePtato
18 minutes ago, Grimm285 said:

have you guys tried killing the campers before they kill you?  that seems super effective to me

That can be hard to do for players who are struggling with funds or on a scav run. Especially on interchange if there are squads camping extracts. 

My annoyance was me and a friend encountering 3 exit campers on a scav run. While my friend ran straight to extract and and died after killing one, I managed to kill the other two. However, I extracted while trying to loot them. They were inside the extract zone, so I had 9 seconds to get to the body and loot before extract. Needless to say, I didn't get hardly anything for killing them. 

I wish there was an option to press a key to extract rather than just an automatic timer. It is frustrating as hell, I have extracted a number of times when I didn't mean to, once just running past outskirts extract on woods and somehow ending up in extract zone and extracting 4 mins into my game.  7 secs of running didn't get me out of the extract zone 🤣

3 hours ago, Sir_Mossy said:

Agreed! certain maps need more options for extract. 

Interchange has 3 extracts. You will likely only be able to use 2 of those. Power extract can only be used once, then not again.  That means if you are unlucky, you are forced to go to a single extract. They should open up highway exit, so then there is an extraction in each corner, then perhaps add another extract in one of the parking lots. Like a tunnel extract or maybe a locked door to the roof which would give the option for heli extract (but obviously not letting you actually get to the roof). Just to give players more options. 

Factory has quite a few extractions. It just has some easily camped ones, but that comes with a tiny map like factory. 

Woods I have only encountered a extract camper once. But that was pot luck as there were many extracts I could've chosen. 

Customs, woods and shoreline seem fine IMO - plenty of extracts. 

I don't really play the other maps much, so not too sure on those. But I definitely think a map should have a minimum of 5-6 extract points. Otherwise you will get camping metas

Sir_Mossy
4 hours ago, colin2611 said:

open first door begin extraction problem solved map has had new extractions added i was here 2016 too buddy.

its condoned.

Doesn't mean that Factory is a well-designed map. It was one of the first maps ever made in the game, and look at how far they have come in terms of map complexity since then. Interchange was a massive step in the right direction, Labs as well, and Reserve followed suit. The original maps just aren't designed very well and need to be reworked in a way that gives some more complexity to them and less linear gameplay. That literally defines customs, factory, and woods.

48 minutes ago, YippadeePtato said:

Factory has quite a few extractions. It just has some easily camped ones, but that comes with a tiny map like factory. 

It does, but they are locked behind a key that has durability. Even before that change, those special extracts were not frequently used. There's no problem with locking certain extractions behind special requirements, but when there is only one non-special extract, that is kind of an issue. Maps should have at least 2 non-special extracts to make it more plausible to escape, as well as a few special ones to add into the mix. I feel like Reserve is trying to go in that direction, and Labs had that as well with the various extracts you could use.

Grimm285

So for scavs the entire point is you have multiple exits and thus exit camping is WAY less of a problem.  not to mention you are on a scav raid so you lose nothing, i dont even think scav raids still need to be in the game considering how little people can risk

As for larger map exit camping ive personally never really run into it.  A sniper on top of tunnel or some nob in factory main exit is all.  I have however heard with the big influx many more are camping interchange exit.  That map i think is the exception because it needs more exits.  The rest of the maps have so many (especially factory as pmc with factory key) idk how exit campers ever would profit 

Bundybear

@rewolb nice work on the first 2 exit camping scum

Bundybear
3 minutes ago, Grimm285 said:

So for scavs the entire point is you have multiple exits and thus exit camping is WAY less of a problem.  not to mention you are on a scav raid so you lose nothing, i dont even think scav raids still need to be in the game considering how little people can risk

As for larger map exit camping ive personally never really run into it.  A sniper on top of tunnel or some nob in factory main exit is all.  I have however heard with the big influx many more are camping interchange exit.  That map i think is the exception because it needs more exits.  The rest of the maps have so many (especially factory as pmc with factory key) idk how exit campers ever would profit 

You say the maps have so many exits.... not all exits are usable and most of the time we get the same exit over and over and over. Woods map all I ever get is Un roadblock or Outskirts, have never had any other usable except cliff decent which I'm not rich enough to have the climbing pick. Shoreline map I will get tunnel or road to customs exits 10+ games in a row and maybe 1 in the admin building then back to the other 2 for 10 games. Reserve map is usually Armored train or bunker hermetic door, sewer pipe is no good as you can't have a backpack and again with the climbing pick for cliff. I can go on and on but you can see that there are really only a couple viable exits on each map and that makes it easy for scum players to camp.

Grimm285

and i could go on and on about how 3+ exits on each map is plenty.  I will agree leaving reserve is a botch but its supposed to be.  i think they need to make scav spawns harder there but honestly they arent bad currently, its supposed to be tough to leave that one.  Woods exits are so massive and far apart idk how anyone could Ever camp those, shoreline has the occasional tunnel camp but the opposite side has too many angles.... etc all the maps outside of interchange are honestly fine on exits

The other issue i think is a lot of players run into is they are killed going to an exit and instantly "HACKER! EXIT CAMPER!?!?!" when most times its just two squads leaving the map at the same time.  Those can be some fun gun fights with some great spoils of war.  The other part is exit camping in tarkov is hard since most maps you spawn on one side or the other, camping an exit only gives you access to half the players.  When i camp i sit in the middle of customs so players have to cross me one direction or another.  others camp shoreline roofs because its a high loot area.  Camping is a part of tarkov, its a slower game and you should check everywhere.  Ambushes are a part of this in all aspects of the game, i still check through every exit i go to even if i'm almost sure no one is there. 

Some of you never spent an hour driving to a quarry to mine for another hour in Arma 2 only to have it all gone from some kid laying in the road with a mk22 and it shows.  tarkov loot comes and goes so quick, thats the best part!

YungRegi
4 hours ago, Grimm285 said:

B-b-bUt eXiT cAmPeRs aRe AlWays GeArEd!!!!! ThEY HaVe ThErMALs I sWeAR!!! IT's a StRaTeDGy tHaT CaNNoT bE CoUnTeReD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AshrakNL

Whollem was just exit camping on customs

RainmakerM4

Simple solution to the problem: K I L L   T H E M.