Shryke

Headshot? Again? General Question

Shryke

Does anyone else here die to headshots roughly.....9 out of 10 times? On the move, in hiding, armored, helmeted, it doesn't fckin matter. I just want to know if I have an uniquely bizarre experience, or not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Overkill_Reaper

I’d say my experience is similar to yours. Most of my deaths are all from headshots and it’s incredibly annoying. Headshots are pretty meta with how armor is I guess..? 

YungRegi

Yeah, I would expect most of my deaths are either thorax / headshots aswell. It's by far the most optimal way to play the game and it should be everyones goal to aim for the head unless you are specifically aiming for legs with certain ammo etc. 

hipsu

Same for me, I think its alteast 80% headshots i get, mostly straight thorugh the faceshield. Dosnt matter what armor class the helmet is, even though altyn I die straight away. Probably alot of aimbotters in this game since it uses only cheap Battleeye, which is not known for working really well. 

Edited by hipsu
  • Like 1

Poddighe

Don't forget the almighty scav bot, god of face blasting.

hipsu
vor 39 Minuten schrieb _Dodger:

First one clearly wasnt a headshot since you are that close and the scope is mounted very high on the weapon. Bullet comes out of the barrel, not from the aimpoint of the scope. Dont know whats wrong with it. 

Grimm285

just use 7n1 in an SVD one taps everyone to the chest except un -armored scavs....those bastards are invincible 

• Hot 1

GhostZ69
10 minutes ago, Grimm285 said:

just use 7n1 in an SVD one taps everyone to the chest except un -armored scavs....those bastards are invincible 

Well, I was using SNB, but yeah...  realism

Oh, and don't even comment on my potato aim.  I know.  I am bad.  That is fine, I can live with being bad.  I just can't live with having to put 4 or 5 rounds from an SVD into an unarmored guy to kill him.  Oh and don't mind the compression on the last video no idea why it looks so bad.  But in reviewing the video on my computer it looks like I hit a dude (with armor) at least three times but "maybe" a 4th and he just turns and sprays me down.

GhostZ69
25 minutes ago, _Dodger said:

is your DPI or in-game sensitivity too high?

I am just a bad shot 😃  But yeah, I keep my mouse sensitivity high.  I normally am not doing the "ForteNite" dance so that makes it even worse with me and him both doing it.

I have slowed it way down and it took a total of 4 shots to drop him.  The first one to the knee should have been enough to stop him from dancing around like he was on the set of "Thriller."  

Grimm285
1 hour ago, GhostZ69 said:

ah the high pen mistake of SNB, yes SNB can pen fort armor but you so rarely see it!  The extremely high flesh damage of 7n1 is  better.  If i had time i would make the change my mind meme of 7n1 is better then SNB cause i have had that argument enough times on here

GhostZ69
2 minutes ago, _Dodger said:

lol.............I feel you, but your shooting CAN be improved with a combination of finding YOUR sweet spot in regards to a COMBINATION of DPI setting AND in game sensitivity, it actually used to be a weak point for me until i found a combination that works for ME and practicing offline factory having the scav spawn in "high" numbers. It seems from watching your vid you aren't following the target as much as you are ANTICIPATING his movement, causing you to go WAY far right and left, if you look at your vid even though you should know that you aren't going to get ANY shots with the exception of the ones landing IN THE DOORWAY you shoot OUT of the door way and it almost seems you aren't focusing on the TARGET itself, but rather the ANTICIPATED movement of the target.....big mistake that just requires a little more focus and practice. And ALWAYS .....MOVE & SHOOT. NEVER stand still, i hate the ducking "fortnight dance" too, and until they incorporate weighted movement we will have to deal with all that silly poo,.......... .your a good player,...get that marksman shot down!

Yeah, I typically play a sniper in most games, so it is all about anticipating where the target is going to be.  I used to nail 500+ meter shots in ARMA all day long.  The CQB gets me.  I don't like the "meta" spray and pray with 60-100 round mags, but it appears to be the only way people want you to play.  I do fine most of the time out of CQB.  I actually don't do too bad in the game most of the time.  Already level 51 this go round with my first Kappa container.  I might go for a second one if they don't plan on wiping soon.

Rekonsile
3 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

Oh, and don't even comment on my potato aim.  I know.  I am bad.  That is fine, I can live with being bad.  I just can't live with having to put 4 or 5 rounds from an SVD into an unarmored guy to kill him.  Oh and don't mind the compression on the last video no idea why it looks so bad.  But in reviewing the video on my computer it looks like I hit a dude (with armor) at least three times but "maybe" a 4th and he just turns and sprays me down.

7n1 hits for 86 to the chest its 1 shot material... SNB is 2 shot to the chest... you hit him in the arms twice and the legs twice... which is typical for that damage range on those rounds. Center mass with those rounds with out hittin ghis arms you would kill him in two shots. But im sure you dont like to hear how the ballistics work in the game as per usual.

Rekonsile
1 hour ago, GhostZ69 said:

I am just a bad shot 😃  But yeah, I keep my mouse sensitivity high.  I normally am not doing the "ForteNite" dance so that makes it even worse with me and him both doing it.

I have slowed it way down and it took a total of 4 shots to drop him.  The first one to the knee should have been enough to stop him from dancing around like he was on the set of "Thriller."  

i dropped my DPI from 800 to 450 and it feels much better for aiming less over aiming not sure what yours is but maybe that will help? 

Edited by Rekonsile

Spectro887

Hit reg is the worst thing in this game along with the desync for me, most of the time simply when you shoot someone it's like shooting a black hole...usually on 10 hits he records 4 ... sometimes even just one lol and since I use the fov at 50 I can understand it well when the shots are successful or not,they are simply not recorded most of the time, even if you see blood or feel your enemy suffer from bullets, nothing.

Edited by Spectro887

LoginTaken

It is rather normal.

Rarely die to anything other than thorax or eyes/jaw.

chrisragnar
On 1/31/2020 at 6:26 AM, YungRegi said:

Yeah, I would expect most of my deaths are either thorax / headshots aswell. It's by far the most optimal way to play the game and it should be everyones goal to aim for the head unless you are specifically aiming for legs with certain ammo etc. 

Well, those are the only lethal hitboxes so... Also thorax should be the standard way you die.

ACuddlyBadger
On 1/30/2020 at 10:17 PM, Shryke said:

Does anyone else here die to headshots roughly.....9 out of 10 times? On the move, in hiding, armored, helmeted, it doesn't fckin matter. I just want to know if I have an uniquely bizarre experience, or not.

Its because its way too easy to aim in this game. Sights are always super well aligned and they are tidally locked to your mouse movement when it really should be like a tank with a limited turret turning speed where your character's aim lags behind your mouse movements. I've died camping around the apex of a corner because some dude comes blasting around the corner with a 30kg loadout. I get the first shot as usual. But because he's already moving and I'm not, he whips 90 degrees in 1/10th of a second while stopping and shreds me.  Its way too easy to aim and the movement mechanics need a rebuild. I can't AD strafe in real life while keeping the irons on my 12 pound M14 airsoft replica. 

Then there is ADAD peeking corners or charging into rooms and clearing them by whipping your character to check corners after you've gotten into the room. The movement and aiming mechanics are one of the weakest links in this game. 

TheFondler
Posted (edited)
On 2/1/2020 at 5:27 AM, GhostZ69 said:

i raise you with this beauty....i was using the lps gzh btw.

Edited by TheFondler

SCvTyson
On 1/31/2020 at 3:17 AM, Shryke said:

Head, top of the head 

Viktorcenko

Same here. It feels like everyone is a god at this game. It's always head, eyes even when I'm not sitting still.

inabearsuit
On 7/23/2020 at 7:55 AM, chrisragnar said:

Well, those are the only lethal hitboxes so... Also thorax should be the standard way you die.

Won't you still get kills from other body parts. Sometimes I'll notice "Right Arm" or something when I'm reviewing my kills after a raid. Or does it just mean the damage from the "Right Arm" is what damaged the thorax?

z_Omni_z
On 1/30/2020 at 8:17 PM, Shryke said:

Yes, last wipes my least damaged part on the character sheet was always head. It is now my left leg.

DissAbledGamer
On 1/30/2020 at 7:17 PM, Shryke said:

Whenever I get the feel that it was a weird death, it's like 99.9999% of the time a headshot to one of these 3 places (Top, Eyes, Jaw) with the occasional nape, even when I am using the big couch backpack that covers the entirety of the back of your head, they seem to find that nape lol. 

Most of the one's I feel are legit are usually arm/thorax and also there are many headshots but after a nice fight it's not as bothersome as the one that gives you new haircut as soon as you show a pixel of your head behind a building. 

korkk

definitely not just you i would say 80/90% of my deaths are from headshots helmets are literally useless 90% of the time but armor in general is useless in this game pretty much all fights come down to who sees who first/shoots first/shoots most accurate oh and who spends the most on whatever the current broken ammo is