Game breaking Left click bug.

ValkyrieAnna

So, I'll make a thread and hopefully there will be a crafty solution for this. 

Lately, for the last week or two I gotten a problem where my Left click when holding. as an example when full auto shooting or moving and item manually where holding Mouse 1 (Left click) is required. The bug is that the game will "let go" without me doing anything. Lets say i start shooting in full auto (entire 90round mag in same bullet type with a 100% condition gun) it will suddenly stop shooting randomly. This is kinda gamebreaking as sometimes ill have to click and sometimes it shoots and entire mag and sometimes it stops after 5, 10 or 25 rounds. Completely random in other words. This also makes Inventory management a nightmare as it's hard to move items from top to bottom and i often have to take "pit stops" because the game wont let me hold on to the item until i scrolled all the way down. And lets not even mention looting in game like Players or trying to move stuff manually into the gamme case. Now that u know my problem (please let me know if u want more examples) ill list everything iv'e tred so far as to fix this problem with zero to temporary effect.
- Reinstalling game AND launcher to another SSD on my computer. (This "fixed the problem for about 1-2 raids)

- Updating all drivers for all parts aswell as chipset driver for motherboard. Everything is Up to date. ( no effect)

- Ingame settings, both display and grafical once. (No effect)

- Even tried to disconnect my second screen just incase there is any disturbance like uneven refresh rates or whatnot. (no effect)

- Changed my mouse aswell as just trying another USB port ( no effect) 

- I have not yet found anyone else who has this exact problem, only similar once and there has not been a fix yet from what i've seen. (Obv no effect)
- I have contacted support, but these days there is a long wait unfortunately.

Here's a list of my computer parts if there is a wizard out there who might wanna know and cant find a solution on this VERY annoying problem. 
- Prosessor : AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Prosessor

- Grafics card : MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8GB OC

- Motherboard : MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON, Socket-AM4

- Ram : Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz 32GB

• Upvote 1

You tried a whole new mouse, hey? I used to have problems like this (in other games) because my mouse was just wearing out. The left click would just stop registering as always down. In fact, your issue sounds exactly the same, especially with the inventory thing. It was a nightmare when I was playing Guild Wars 2 at the time haha.

You can just left-click and drag on your Windows desktop to make a selection rectangle. If you have issues with that too, the problem is almost certainly your mouse. If the other one you tried was older, it may have the same problem. It's a common issue with mice these days... they just don't build things to last anymore!

/oldman

Yea you tried a new mouse or just changed the port its in.  It sounds to me like your left button is on its way out. Iv had exactly the same in the past, it could be fine for hours then feel like I was clicking and letting go at other times - the mouse was about 6 month old so I thought it couldn't be that - but it was, im "heavy handed" to be fair

I tried the same type of mouse just an older one i had laying around that had another issue but it seems to have the same problem. I'm heading to the store tomorrow and see if a new mouse of a different  type will help. Then I'll request an entierly new mouse from where i ordered the current 2 i have. the last 5 years i been running MMO mouses because i have rly short fingers and the 12 buttons for my thumb RLY is a blessing. But it seems all these MMO type mouses have issues as not a single one of the 3 kinds i have had the last 5years have held together more than 6months tops. but luckily i have gotten free replacements.
Ty for the info btw. Seems like buying something new is my only opt atm. I've died several times in EFT allrdy due to my gun suddenly stops firing xD I have to use semi auto weps only atm

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue here, almost the same, but I only have problems when trying to drag, open, inspect, or interact in any means with an item in the inventory (or my stash). I just can't click the item for some time (usually some minutes) and then all of a sudden it goes back to normal, which sucks, specially when you're in the middle of a raid :/.

Edited by Fewsen

I had this happen twice. I made a bug report right after it happened. Right after this happens to you please make a bug report via launcher. LOGS ARE VERY IMPORTANT.

Here's a video. When im on target in clicking my left button as crazy :D + Isn't it strange how i was afk and crouch slow walking all the time and they guy knew where i was. 

Edited by sYs
  • Like 1

I'm having this same issue.  I recently got a new PC and this happens.  It didn't happen on my old PC.  I'm also getting booted from raids for anti-cheat software, this is another issue that didn't happen on my old PC.

This worked for me. Add a random language to your keyboard settings. When you load the game press ALT + Shift to bring up the keyboard languages.  Pick the random language then click on your language.  Have to do it every session but this works for me.  

Credit - 

I have video of this happening.

I tested my mouse and it's fine.

I thought guns were jamming but they are not, it's a new shitty bug. Thanks for confirmation.

Had this happening to me, trying to fire at a player and gun "jammed" (stopped firing) 3 times in a row after i made sure it was on full auto.

This happened to me before with a different mouse, it's been an ongoing issue.

Only happens in Tarkov, never any similair issues in other games.

16 hours ago, TheCh1mera said:

Might be related to packing different ammo types in the mag, don't know for sure though. This bug happens to me and everyone I know

Thats what i thought but i can confirm it's not the issue.

Also i thought weapon durability was maybe a factor here but most guns i use are 90%+ durability and i still get the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this same issue, mainly with right click and occasionally with left click as well, when firing suddenly stops. It literally just happened again. Also, as I am using hold to ADS it is a super annoying bug that can ruin the game when it keeps releasing the aim and starts flipping out aiming in and out. I don't want to admit that it's the mouse itself, which was bought in November although sometimes in windows it does "de-click" the selection box when holding right mouse.

I started noticing this problem with Tarkov though, didn't have any issues before. Drivers should be up to date and have tried different ports etc. Wired and wireless. Seeing this thread makes me think it is an issue with the game somehow.

I'm using a Logitech g703.

• 4 months later...

Same issue here, been going since I restarted playing Tarkov after a couple of months of hiatus.

Whenever I drag stuff from my inventory, especially when looting something, it just let go the of mouse1 (left click) and sometimes, clicks back /double-click randomly if the mouse1 is kept down.

Pretty certain it's a Tarkov issue as my mouse doesn't have any problem otherwise. It just feels like in-game the "Hold mouse1" input just glitches randomly and stops or reclick whenever it feels like it. If I would do some guess work, I think it might be linked to loading inventory (server connection ?) because it often happens to me when looting something. and eventually it feels like it's less frequent when inventory/loot has been open for a few seconds...

Edited by Etxeverry

• 2 months later...

I'm also having this issue, rarely with a gun though. My major gripe is with moving inventory items. The first "click" doesn't register usually. It also sometimes "loses" the click and drops the item wherever the mouse was at that time. Especially trying to drag items around. I've changed my mouse and have no other issues in any other game. 

This is actually more often desync and lag. I have this sometimes too while shooting in auto or single fire, it'll randomly stop shooting and responding.

Has been a bug for a while, I'd love them to fix this. 

• 4 weeks later...

Logitech G Pro wireless here. No issues in any other games or anything. Started off just being with loot, it would double click or "unclick", sometimes reclicking so that it drags a different item.

Now it's affecting full auto on guns. And I've died many times to this. Sticking to bursting and single fire for now until a fix comes out. Seems to be getting to be more popular of a bug.