Screen Freeze in Hideout

mh003

Hello there!  Recently today only I cannot go to my hideout because my screen freezes/game crash.

I restarted my PC and verified the files to make sure its not broken. Whenever I go to my hideout my screen freezes and I cannot do anything.

It does not even say my game crashed just cannot press anything and its stuck, so i have to close the game with task manager.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I tried enabling option to use "only real cores" but it did not help either.

Thanks for any help

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same exact problem...

I have to restart the game, it freezes.
I have tried to reinstall nvidia driver, or use the studio edition, a different version, none of it helps.

Could somebody debug my crash log, or give me a clue what is happening?
It will be annoying, if after the wipe I can't use my hideout.

I made severeal report in game.

AMD 3600X - ASUS GTX1060 6GB - 16GB RAM

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not sure if i have the same problem or not but for me, not even the screen freezes but the whole system and my thoughts was it's because of my dying ssd cause in task manager it shows that its being used 100% with no response time every time this freeze happens. It even breaks the whole system and results in a blue screen with a restart of the system saying "critical service died". I even copied all the game files on my hdd but my system is still on ssd so it didn't fixed it. BUT i think it's still because of ssd that i used up all my TBW on, because same freezes happened outside of playing tarkov too. Will try to get a new one and will see how it goes.

В 02.01.2021 в 11:14, Pepuka сказал:

I'm not sure if i have the same problem or not but for me, not even the screen freezes but the whole system and my thoughts was it's because of my dying ssd cause in task manager it shows that its being used 100% with no response time every time this freeze happens. It even breaks the whole system and results in a blue screen with a restart of the system saying "critical service died". I even copied all the game files on my hdd but my system is still on ssd so it didn't fixed it. BUT i think it's still because of ssd that i used up all my TBW on, because same freezes happened outside of playing tarkov too. Will try to get a new one and will see how it goes.

Scratch that... some time ago I disabled the fan in my power supply to reduce the noise and that resulted in overheating and damaging my system it seams, I turned it back on and the freezes went away :/ for now atleast, I bet it hasn't been too good for my ssd health either, but the main issue was overheating, at least that's what I concluded for now...

• 1 month later...
03.01.2021 в 16:06, Pepuka сказал:

Scratch that... some time ago I disabled the fan in my power supply to reduce the noise and that resulted in overheating and damaging my system it seams, I turned it back on and the freezes went away :/ for now atleast, I bet it hasn't been too good for my ssd health either, but the main issue was overheating, at least that's what I concluded for now...

I'm back with more freeze updates, from the time of my previous post till now (so for about a month) I didn't have these freezes, but now it came back, with the same symptoms of task manager showing that is ssd being 100% but with 0 response time, and now when it crashed to blue screen it more often showed "memory management" error. Couldn't even load into a factory raid.
Turns out I had only about 12 tb written on my main ssd (which is a shitty wd green one with tbw of 40) so the source of the problem is not ssd. I tried a couple of software solutions (turning off some services or updating drivers) but that didn't help.
What did help however is turning pc off and removing ram sticks and putting them back again. First i thought i broke it cause i swapped them, then i swapped back again, it didn't turn on again and then i tried with just 1 stick and it turned on, then i added the second back and all was fine.
I have no UPS and we have power outages a couple times a month so maybe that takes a toll on some of the components. Anyways gonna write again if the same freezes return and moving sticks not gonna fix them 😄

• 7 months later...

Increase your virtual memory

In simpler terms, virtual memory is a certain amount of disk space that serves as an additional RAM. It could be helpful when your PC is running out of memory, which makes it a possible solution for your crashing issue.

1 :On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type or paste control (sysdm.cpl) and click OK.
2: Navigate to the Advanced tab. Under the Performance section, click Settings….
3: Navigate to the Advanced tab, under the Virtual memory section, click Change…
4: Uncheck the box next to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives. Then select Customize size.
5: Enter Initial size and Maximum size according to the physical memory of your computer. Microsoft recommends that virtual memory should be 1.5 to 3 times the size of physical memory. In my case, the physical memory of my computer is 8 GB, so the Initial size for me here is 8 x 1024 x 1.5 = 12288 MB, and the Maximum size should be 8 x 1024 x 3 = 24576 MB. Once you’ve entered your size of virtual memory, click Set, then click OK to apply the changes.
(if you have 16GB ... 16 x 1024 x 1.5 = 24576 and the maximum 16 x 1024 x 3 =49152)
6: Now restart your PC and test your gameplay in Escape from Tarkov

Good luck