Cyanide7662

Insurance - worth it at all?

Cyanide7662

Im going to guess straight off that its not worth the money, because ive insured several bits of my gear that ive ended up dying with, and the claims have only brought back a BP or Rig. Through that im assuming thats from a player looting my body and leaving only those parts?

So, would that not make it absolutely pointless to insure your gear if youre likely to not get it back anyway?

Maki_Nishikino

I think it is given how easy you may die to AI Scavs (players may not find them) and a player may not be able to carry all of what's good on you that you insured. Is it worth insuring all of it? No.

• Upvote 1

vcco

I generally say yes, I insure all generally. Especially if playing w/ a partner/team who can hide your gear if you die.

• Upvote 1

Gillerd

I have a problem maybe someone knows what happened. I was playing with my cousin and I got killed he picked up my SVD full mod and my mags. He gets to the extract but game glitched and said he was MIA, but I never got any of my gear back and it was insured is this a glitch? He didn't get any of his insured gear back either and no one could have looted it as the match literality ran out of time when he was at extract. I'm not sure if insuring gear means anything. 

Vodor

I always insure. Even if I only get back my hat/rig or whatever the sale value covers the cost of the insurance.

Considering I probably take between 100-300k of gear out as an average it’s a small price to pay.

For the chance to get everything back that small investment is well worth it.

Vindsvept

When I play with mates I insure, all the time. So your mates can drop your gear on a safe place.

bernhard85

i use insurance every time but what gets me is that you never get the ammo back ever and its alot of money to buy ammo and then have it gone because of insurance haha in my opinion i dont see why you shouldnt get your ammo back with insurance now i can understand if someone takes the ammo but if they dont i wish you would get it back haha :)

sYs

Yes

Kill a team

Drop your insurance gear somewhere in bush. More slots to equipt from dead bodies. 

double the profits.

LoginTaken
15 minutes ago, sYs said:

Yes

Its situational.

Kill  a team

Gotta bad ass over here, watch out.

Drop your insurance gear somewhere in bush. More slots to equip from dead bodies.

This does work, but keep in mind the switching out process can leave you exposed. Also, this is a perfect cause scenario, the entire point of Insurance is to have a possibility, not a guarantee, of increase income. Or at the very least lack of expenses.

If you have a very good kit, sure insure it. Just keep in mind if a player kills you in a high traffic area. You will get nothing back. Be it the bloke that killed  you or scavenger will take the rest. Its useful only when killed by AI in a random ass area.

If you have a shitty kit, now this is the best use of insurance. Some weapons are just consider trash by the player elite. They will not even both picking them up. A new player or a scav may, but the odds are in your favor.

Shotguns, Armored rigs, Shitty helmets etc.

Are rarely taken. If the weapon cost less than 30k, most players will leave it. Unless it has very good attachments. (or a pistol, everyone takes the ducking pistol)

Certain quest related gear such as....

Mosins

AVS rigs

They have high resale value, despite quality.

38 minutes ago, bernhard85 said:

i use insurance every time but what gets me is that you never get the ammo back ever and its alot of money to buy ammo and then have it gone because of insurance haha in my opinion i dont see why you shouldnt get your ammo back with insurance now i can understand if someone takes the ammo but if they dont i wish you would get it back haha :)

Ammo is the only thing of value.

That is why.

• Like 1

MoxMisanthrope
22 minutes ago, sYs said:

Yes

Kill a team

Drop your insurance gear somewhere in bush. More slots to equipt from dead bodies. 

double the profits.

Thanks for that. What a great tip.

sYs
3 minutes ago, MoxMisanthrope said:

Thanks for that. What a great tip.

It depends on how you use it.

It's up to you. I usually drop my gear - pop a pain killer get on the body ( while being naked ) and fast equip everything and im out. That literally takes 5 seconds. Search the contents later in a safer place.

Most of the people don't drop their gear cause they just used to it.

Point is - with insurance you can take out more loot from the raid. If you use this feature or not - is up to you. 

Edited by sYs

Defiants
On 1/31/2020 at 5:53 PM, Cyanide7662 said:

Im going to guess straight off that its not worth the money, because ive insured several bits of my gear that ive ended up dying with, and the claims have only brought back a BP or Rig. Through that im assuming thats from a player looting my body and leaving only those parts?

So, would that not make it absolutely pointless to insure your gear if youre likely to not get it back anyway?

It's hard to say. It's situational as others have pointed out. I always insure everything because I had a few people suggest it. I've had full sets come back once or twice, but it's usually just a piece or two. Insurance generally doesn't cost a lot though, unless you have expensive gear. With that being said, the juicier your gear is the more likely other players will take it. However again as other have said, if you go in with good gear and get killed by AI in an odd location you're pretty likely to get that good gear back.

It's a gamble either way I'd say. So far it seems to be worth it for me. I'm a rather new player though.

Kevik70
On 2/14/2020 at 8:20 AM, Gillerd said:

I have a problem maybe someone knows what happened. I was playing with my cousin and I got killed he picked up my SVD full mod and my mags. He gets to the extract but game glitched and said he was MIA, but I never got any of my gear back and it was insured is this a glitch? He didn't get any of his insured gear back either and no one could have looted it as the match literality ran out of time when he was at extract. I'm not sure if insuring gear means anything. 

It seems like insurance doesn't work if you go MIA with gear. I have lost some stuff that I went MIA with like my nicely kitted PP-19. It sucks so if you every come across a situation where you might not make it out on time just ditch your insured stuff.

Sreig

Always insure, you never know what could happen out there.

MoxMisanthrope
On 2/16/2020 at 12:02 PM, sYs said:

It depends on how you use it.

It's up to you. I usually drop my gear - pop a pain killer get on the body ( while being naked ) and fast equip everything and im out. That literally takes 5 seconds. Search the contents later in a safer place.

Most of the people don't drop their gear cause they just used to it.

Point is - with insurance you can take out more loot from the raid. If you use this feature or not - is up to you. 

I'll have to look it up. Going by the controls, I'm in the dark on how to drop all your gear, nearly instantly. Fast equip all the bodies gear, pick up my own, and search later.

It makes sense though.

IBMess

Even as a solo player I always insure because of how damn cheap it is to do. Even when insuring really good gear it costs me max 30-40k to insure, thats a drop in the bucket. You'd be amazed some of the crazy stuff I get returned to me in insurance. Not to mention if you insure you can also abuse the system by dumping your gear in a corner and taking the other guys stuff to maximize profits.

Edited by IBMess

Scripteron

For my budget runs i've build a VPO-209 366TKM with some decent attachements and a fixed stock so you can't fold it. Returns every time.

MrSmellybeard

It's up to you, of course, but personally I always find it worth it to insure with at least prapor.

Sometimes a scav kills you and you screw up. Sometimes a player kills you but can't find your body. Sometimes a player kills you and they're so loaded down with phat lewtz that they can't take your stuff. Sometimes you die but you're playing with a buddy who can ditch your stuff in a bush somewhere.

... and yes, sometimes you just don't get your stuff back at all.

Still, given how often I've gotten insurance returns to some degree or another, I find it generally worth it. The price is such a small fraction of the overall cost of your kit that it's well worth the money to take that chance you get your stuff back.

GhostZ69

Time is money.  Insure all.  Yes.  Go.  People spend WAY too much time in this game playing Tetris and doing stuff other than playing.  I run solo a lot and when I do I profit like crazy.  When I play in a group I get about 1/4 done as I usually do.  Mainly because after a successful run the people I am playing with take 15 minutes to make room for the crap they just brought out of the raid.  Why?  Because they have 56 guns in their inventory, 800 loose mods laying around 150 ifaks.  Seriously what the fudge people?!?!?!?!?

RainmakerM4

If I would ask myself thia kind of questions I would quit the game along time ago. Thankfuly only questions I am asking myself is how to improve myself and others around me in gunfights patrols amd communication

Silverhaze5X

Even if only half of your gear comes back (usualy the only thing i get stollen is the gun and sometimes faceshield helmets) its always nice to get a chance of having the rest of your gear back. Selling it for good price on flea market or using it again generaly make a good compensation.

On 2/1/2020 at 3:03 AM, vcco said:

I generally say yes, I insure all generally. Especially if playing w/ a partner/team who can hide your gear if you die.

Very true. When a friend can hide your stuff of but you tell him its not insured, its basicaly as much stuff that he can't take from the guy who killed you.

Edited by Silverhaze5X

lemonlord777

100% yes in my opinion. Insurance generally costs around 10% of the item's value. So to be worth it you only have to get your insured items back more than 10% of the time. I would say my chance of getting back a good level 4 armored rig is about 40%, and my chance of getting back a pretty modded up M4 is around 30%. Backpacks and basic rigs i get back like 60% of the time. Insurance pays for itself many times over. I have like 5 nicely modded guns in my stash that are there because i got them back on insurance, some more than once.

Vodor
On 2/16/2020 at 6:19 PM, bernhard85 said:

No consumable style item comes back, no health packs, painkillers etc. They're all disposable items like ammo.

notprae
On 2/16/2020 at 1:35 PM, sYs said:

Yes

Kill a team

double the profits.

This

Gillerd
On 2/16/2020 at 3:04 PM, Kevik70 said:

It seems like insurance doesn't work if you go MIA with gear. I have lost some stuff that I went MIA with like my nicely kitted PP-19. It sucks so if you every come across a situation where you might not make it out on time just ditch your insured stuff.

Thanks I didn't know that. I will keep that in mind so it doesn't happen again now all I need is to get good so I can make money XD