P01NT_MAN

[Question] Slings?

P01NT_MAN

Just a quick question. I'd like to know if there will be Sling types added to the game later down the line? Like the One Point Sling, Traditional 2 point, and the Three Point Sling. It's completely okay if they don't show up in the game at all. I'd just like to know if there are plans for them. It be cool to have a sling that shows the weapon hanging from the front of the body like a one point sling and boosting a weapons ergonomics making it faster to bring up to the ready position.

• Upvote 2

DustyTruckie

I think this would be a cool idea, adds to the customization in game. Also pending on the type of sling could add to/decrease the mobility of the weapon as well.

ODD

Yea let's have some cowboy boots and overalls as well. 

• Upvote 2

DustyTruckie
8 hours ago, ODD said:

Yea let's have some cowboy boots and overalls as well. 

Yut

xMadMan420x

it would be a nice sounding addition, however what would be the negatives? It seems like there's a trend of "It increases handling but decreases ergonomics" or something along those lines. But overall it sounds like a cool idea!

• Upvote 1

BleakProsperity

This would definitely be a great add IMO, imagine spraying a couple people with a primary running out of ammo and immediately dropping the primary in place of your sidearm without worry of the gun going to the floor. Not only would it add mobility variations, but would also encourage folks to bring back sidearms into their loadouts not only as starting weapons but powerful back-ups. At the moment there may not be much use for it, but maybe when the game is further down the line and more developed it would fit right in. Maybe that's me though.

EnvakeoLugaria

I'd give this a +1, GREAT IDEA!

Quick note, I'm not sure if the Devs plan on having two long guns on your person, if I recall, wasn't it 1 in your hands, 1 in a backpack?

Of course, this would be in a later stage, focus now is just getting it running! :D

-Single point sling:  Focused around only having 1 long gun

Quick switching to pistol, but gets in the way of pistol mag changes and looting when not being used.

Needs to to be moved off to your side to provide unhindered actions(push it off to your right or left side to aid in searching containers/looting)

Can be removed and changed between weapons in a matter of seconds, tends to flop around when the weapon is not being used

-Two point sling: Focused one having 2 long guns, I.e rifle + shotgun on your back.

Can be slung and put on your back to have 2 long guns almost unhindered, or moved to one side to not interfere with mag changes/looting almost as good as a single point

If you have to make a accurate shot, you can tighten up and wrap the sling around your arm to give you increased stability.

Takes a little bit to change the sling between long guns, stays put better when not being used

Three points are kind of a personal preference, I've never used one...

IN ADDITION:  PISTOL HOLSTERS!

Mounting a holster on your chest rig, belt, or leg, pros and cons to each?

Edited by EnvakeoLugaria

Bundy_BE4R

yes. lets add another layer of complexity so the game never sees the day of light and hovers in the edge of darkness.