UNSILENT

Being "Anonymous" Breeds Hackers

UNSILENT

"This game is in Beta."
Got it. 
"Not everything has been implemented yet."
Yup.

"You cant complain because its not finished yet!"

BULL poo. Heres the reality: If we dont speak up, then this game will be overrun (like pubg for the first 2 years). So how do we HELP the Devs right now? By letting them now where they need to improve. 

There is zero accountability on this game. I just had a PMC sprint through Customs "Big Red" and wipe 4 scavs with a single trigger and a spinbot type movement. Not a big deal, except there is no way to report this player. I am fine with losing gear every once in a while to a hacker, who will eventually get banned. Im not cool with complete anonymity that protects hackers more than any other game. 

We need to be able to die, preferably see a replay from the perspective of the shooter, and report suspicious activity. Not all of us are streamers who record everything they do. We cant ALL record videos of hackers, take hours out of our day to crop the footage, upload to YT, post to the forums, and HOPE that someone on the limited staff for EFT can ban the player. Thats not gonna happen. Be realistic. 

Im grateful for the amazing EFT experience thats been created so far. But it is quickly ruined by people who exploit the anonymous nature of the game. With no way to hold them accountable, all legit players suffer and will eventually quit. 

• Thanks 1

GoyTerrorist

I get you but it's opening up a can of worms. I may not be playing as much as you do but I personally haven't ran into a lot of cheaters, the problem is that this game has client side which is needed for FPS response time and not full serverside which makes it easier for hackers. But even then it's a dead type of argument since BOTH can have cheats(serverside being harder), hacks/cheats/virus are always ahead of anticheat/any measure unfortuantely and this goes with anything. It's how it will always be sadly and anyone telling you something else is lying to you. :scangry:

But at least they added battleye which is decent.

I think if the devs want more success in catching them they should offer "bounties" to people who catch cheaters :D

Edited by GoyTerrorist
  • Like 1

Bo0mHD
20 hours ago, GoyTerrorist said:

I think if the devs want more success in catching them they should offer "bounties" to people who catch cheaters :D

This would just increase the number of false alarms.

• Upvote 1

UNSILENT
On 2/5/2020 at 9:54 AM, GoyTerrorist said:

Bounties would be awesome. But also, there should be some sort of limit to who you can report. That way salty 12 year olds dont spam the report button hoping to get free bounty. Like, limit 3 reports per day. That way you have to be selective with who you hand reports out to.

• Sad 1

CastleArcStar

Bounties sound like a terrible idea.  You shouldn't need to be rewarded for reporting hackers/cheaters.  You should do it because it is the RIGHT thing to do and keeps the game honest for you and your fellow gamers.  

12 yr olds can't spam it because this game is 18+, but I get where you are coming from.  People would abuse the system as you stated.  So then you said to limit the amount of reports per day to be selective.  What happens if you legit come across a dozen hackers in a day?  One every match you play back to back.  You can't report 4 through 12 (9 hackers total) since that would take 3 more days at your rate.  So those hackers get to remain cheating?  No. 
The answer is a reporting system...  No bounties.  Much like CS:GO and their Overwatch system.  You can report all the hackers you want all day every day and the reward you get is the feeling of doing good for your gaming community and knowing that you had a hand in booting a cheater.

• Upvote 1