Things I learned as a new player

dragos2u2000

Hello. I am a somewhat new player level 20 right now,I have about 100 hours into the game and these are a few things I have learned. Keep in mind that I am nowhere near good as I simply do not know the maps well enough yet, that being said lets begin: 

1.Customs is not a beginner friendly map

Customs, the map everyone suggests for new players is, is a hard map to play on. The point of the map is dorms. You want good gear you go dorms. No, you RUSH dorms. A lot of quests are in Customs so you need to go there but I would suggest learning the game first before you go Customs.

2.The way to lose gearfear is to know how to make money

You are only afraid of losing gear when you are afraid you cannot get it back. Thankfully its way easier than people think, I bought the standard edition so I had a rougher start than you may have,the first thing you do is unlock the flea market. Get level 5, scav round exp doesn't count. Now you should know what every item is worth before going on a raid but the best way to make money is well buying stuff cheap and selling it for more. Learn what people need,stockpile 100 of that item and sell it for more. Capitalism baby, 1 mil per day if you are determined enough.

3.Try to play alone

I don't know about you but while groups are fun, they get hectic fast. People constantly talking with each other, friendly fire and when you kill someone they rush to it like a swarm of rats. Ask for a sherpa to duo with if you need it but stay away from groups of randoms if you cannot hold your own yet. I don't know about you but being shot by your "friends" after calling out what you are doing is just annoying as hell. Playing solo also makes you a better player imho as you have to look out for groups. You won't barge in like you own the place alone, but the groups will use that to your advantage.

4.Interchange for easy loot/Factory PVP

Easiest map to get good loot is interchange by far in my opinion. The extracts are almost never camped and because people always rush inside there are a lot of ways to make money even outside the map. Loot stashes,rush the tech shops,camp at exits you do you man. Factory on the other hand is where you learn to PVP in this game. Nothing much to say about it, just go in ,die and learn from your mistakes.

5.Going in geared with expensive stuff is just going to make you sad when you lose it

If you are bad at the game and you don't know the map, I suggest you hold on to that HK you found for a little bit, its better than losing it for sure. I see this all the time,level 9 player with ulachs and hks. I went PACA with a pilgrim and a vepr, my teammated go full gear and shout at me for not going geared, 5 minutes later they die because of bad positioning while a guy with the paca gets 5 pmc kills and gets out. Armour won't save you, it allows you to make mistakes, its better to not make mistakes in the first place. Also going level 6 armour and helmet on the open fields of woods is just dumb. Speed is armour too.

I hope I helped you, these are things I learned and are mostly my opinions. I am biased by my own experience so pro players feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Customs is not a beginner friendly map"

This. I've played EFT for some time now on and off and can agree Customs is very much not a 'noob friendly' map. The fact that so many quests at the moment require going to dorms over and over must be frustrating for a lot of new comers I would imagine. Customs is in need of an update for sure and the design of the level so far funnels people down lanes where they can easily be picked off by more experienced or geared players. Hopefully when it goes open world or even just add the map expansions before hand then it opens it up a bit more and adds more variety.

"Try to play alone"

Sounds to me like you played with the wrong folks.

Find some nice dudes on the official discord that share your playstyle and with a bit of work and "Radio dicipline" you will have a blast.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 4:57 PM, Schaefer said:

"Try to play alone"

Sounds to me like you played with the wrong folks.

Find some nice dudes on the official discord that share your playstyle and with a bit of work and "Radio dicipline" you will have a blast.

Nah. I play with people rn, I got some dudes that I play with daily but its ok now that I have learned the game. As a new player if you play with people its going to be hard to learn to actually play

I've been in tarkov for a week
I am already level 8
My experience started in woods
Take the scab, and if you like the inventory it has, avoid the confrontation and run to the extraction. It is easy to follow the walls, run and run.
You can also cross the map by dragging yourself.

Use that team to go to the next with the player.
You will have money quickly and inventory full.

Custom has been my school .......... it is a nice map, fluid, varied and in my opinion the best optimized of Tarkov.
Forget factory, it is for the elite, for those who are in another league.

Avoid the confrontation, do not rush, be patient ........... do not shoot everything that moves ..........

The best experiences were in duo.
Avoid playing with undisciplined people, talk as little as possible, don't make noise, take it seriously, listen to the surroundings.
cover your partner, do not go less than five meters away.
He runs only to save areas without coverage, first one while the other covers him and then another.
Never inspect loot if your partner is not covering you
Your priority is to extract
So, little by little you will learn to play, that is Tarkov !!

thanks mate

Play customs and learn where all the caches are. Lots of people still don't know this you'd be surprised.fnwvxav5ebx31.jpg Spawn with only hatchet and try to make 60k worth of goods in your prison wallet before dying or running out. Whichever comes first. 2 bolts or whatever and you're good to go even with a standard account.

Once you can replicate this nearly every time..pick a loadout in that price range and knock yourself out going crazy no scope l33t headshot mode. Every time you die you'll learn and lose the gear fear completely since you can replace it with 2 bolts or whatever junk you find in those caches. Eventually you'll start to get the upper hand and you'll notice things going in your favor more and more often.

I recommend a vepr hunter which fits nicely in the price range and is a good effective learning weapon. Everything else you pick up from NPC. Once you get better and more confident you'll naturally spend more on your loadout and be able to easily afford losing it.