EustaZZ

Low FPS since update

EustaZZ

Hey since the new update that released 5th Feb. decreased my fps. Woods is nearly unplayable 98% of the map is between 30 and 40 FPS which makes gunfights nearly impossible to win. Woods was one of the maps where i had the most and stable fps. i had 60+ fps everywhere but now its unplayable. the Update before gave me and my friends more fps on interchange for example but this update ruined my woods experience completly. Going for missions is impossible since i cant properly fight the scavs. PLS HAWLP

My Specs:

GTX 970

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

MSI B450 A-Pro Max

8 GB DDR4 RAM ( I ll upgrade it next month to 16 GB)

Marketfresh
22 minutes ago, EustaZZ said:

Hey since the new update that released 5th Feb. decreased my fps. Woods is nearly unplayable 98% of the map is between 30 and 40 FPS which makes gunfights nearly impossible to win. Woods was one of the maps where i had the most and stable fps. i had 60+ fps everywhere but now its unplayable. the Update before gave me and my friends more fps on interchange for example but this update ruined my woods experience completly. Going for missions is impossible since i cant properly fight the scavs. PLS HAWLP

My Specs:

GTX 970

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

MSI B450 A-Pro Max

8 GB DDR4 RAM ( I ll upgrade it next month to 16 GB)

There's not a lot that can be done here. I haven't noticed any drops in performance personally, are you absolutely certain there's nothing else that could be causing the slowdowns? 

That being said; Are you using a SSD or HDD?  Ryzen processors benefit greatly from Faster and more RAM, but as you stated you're upgrading in the near future already. Be sure to purchase the fastest available for your MoBo and CPU.

In the mean time, could you please ensure you have the latest drivers installed. Using a program like SDI (Snappy Driver Installer) can help you index those missing drivers and install them for you.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

EustaZZ
vor 7 Minuten schrieb Marketfresh:

There's not a lot that can be done here. I haven't noticed any drops in performance personally, are you absolutely certain there's nothing else that could be causing the slowdowns? 

That being said; Are you using a SSD or HDD?  Ryzen processors benefit greatly from Faster and more RAM, but as you stated you're upgrading in the near future already. Be sure to purchase the fastest available for your MoBo and CPU.

In the mean time, could you please ensure you have the latest drivers installed. Using a program like SDI (Snappy Driver Installer) can help you index those missing drivers and install them for you.

Cheers

When i Upgraded my PC i installed all the drivers. i Played Woods the day before the Update and everything was fine.

Marketfresh
1 hour ago, EustaZZ said:

When i Upgraded my PC i installed all the drivers. i Played Woods the day before the Update and everything was fine.

When did you upgrade your PC?

Nickolai20599

He's not alone on this, experiencing the same issue on Reserve, while customs is fine for some reason. Really bad frame stuttering started happening after the patch

Underhook

I am finding that if I restart my PC performance improves.  Feels like there is a memory leak/issue

Maki_Nishikino

i7-8700 / GTX 1070 / 16 GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400 / SSD / [email protected] 

For the most part the game runs without issues at a solid 60 FPS (I cap it there), Reserve is still pretty unoptimized as I find myself dipping into the 40s at times. Honestly when it comes to GPUs the 970 is starting to get long in the tooth. It doesn't help that it only has 3.5 GB of usable VRAM. If money is tight I would suggest a 1660 Ti when you upgrade RAM, it offers roughly 1070 performance for less.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

EustaZZ
vor 16 Stunden schrieb Marketfresh:

When did you upgrade your PC?

30th january

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Maki_Nishikino:

i7-8700 / GTX 1070 / 16 GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400 / SSD / [email protected] 

For the most part the game runs without issues at a solid 60 FPS (I cap it there), Reserve is still pretty unoptimized as I find myself dipping into the 40s at times. Honestly when it comes to GPUs the 970 is starting to get long in the tooth. It doesn't help that it only has 3.5 GB of usable VRAM. If money is tight I would suggest a 1660 Ti when you upgrade RAM, it offers roughly 1070 performance for less.

i Know that my gpu isnt that good but its still technically double the recommended amount of VRAM

EustaZZ
vor 16 Minuten schrieb Maki_Nishikino:

Those aren't set in stone. Can you take a screenshot of your settings?

https://www.pcgamer.com/why-nvidias-gtx-970-slows-down-using-more-than-35gb-vram/

Now i realize that i got low fps on some parts of customs too and even my friend who has an 1070 12 gb ram and i7 7th generation and he played customs very smooth aswell and it dropped too from the update

Maki_Nishikino
2 minutes ago, EustaZZ said:

Now i realize that i got low fps on some parts of customs too and even my friend who has an 1070 12 gb ram and i7 7th generation and he played customs very smooth aswell and it dropped too from the update

I'll go check it out and post a video, one moment.

EustaZZ
vor 21 Minuten schrieb Maki_Nishikino:

Those aren't set in stone. Can you take a screenshot of your settings?

https://www.pcgamer.com/why-nvidias-gtx-970-slows-down-using-more-than-35gb-vram/

The first picture was of my old settings after i upgraded my rig and got way better performance and the second one is after the latest patch. i lowered my settings and still got no smooth gameplay

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.07 - 15.07.59.54.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.07 - 15.08.23.42.png

Edited by EustaZZ

Maki_Nishikino

I can give Woods a try and here is Customs...

Untitled.png

Out of curiosity what hardware did you have before?

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

ScottishSuroxe
19 hours ago, Marketfresh said:

Cheers

Just for reference, don't use Programs like SDI, they're useless and can sometimes ruin System Files, if you want to update your drivers, go through the manufacturers website.

BelligerentSexy

right out the gate, i will assure anyone, 4 cores, 8Gb's of system RAM, & 4Gb's of Vram is sufficient to run EFT, this is not opinion, its is fact, i have confirmed it personally. i have 5 PC's in my home at the moment, & i have been building PC's longer than i care to mention. please dont go out & buy new PC hardware, to fix a issue with EFT, its a beta.

i have been fighting the EfT performance beast over the past month or so myself as well. The game (as we all know) will only go so far, regardless of how much $ you sunk into Your PC, but i have found a few things that have given me better results, & ill do my best to list & explain them here.

~Note-all of My PC's currently run Nvidia GPU's. So my steps will sometimes be Green specific~

-verify your GPU , OS, etc drivers & updates are all current.

-make sure Temperature is not an issue (heat can throttle performance)

-totally revert/reset your Nvidia control panel custom 3D program settings.

-navigate to documents/yourpc name/escape from tarkov/local.ini & verify settings are what they should be (i found my refresh rate set to 23, but i have dual Gsync 155Hz 2K Dell monitors). as well as take the time to confirm other settings in that file, & be sure to save any changes you do make, & set the file to "read only" after saving.

-Tarkov Vsync is/was messed up, Even if you have it unchecked, Vsync was active last time i checked, i submitted a bug report regarding this issue, but if its not fixed, its a small step to take to rule out that possibly limiting your in game Frames.  be 100% certain, to slide the max in game Frame rate slider to 120, (or 60 depending on your monitors Max Refresh rate) and drop the lobby FPS slider to as low as you can bare, as there is no sense in your GPU rendering 120 FPS when your buying cheese, or ammo.

-below ill attach a few images on the steps & what they look like, hopefully this might help someone. But keep in mind, no matter how powerful your PC is, the game is in beta, & no matter what , it wont perform as well as it should while running on Your PC. Giving the GPU more tasks, is a good thing in tarkov, so trust me, & fight your urge to turn every slider to its absolute minimum, you'll only be shooting yourself in the foot, trust me, frames will be better if you dont.

-keep in mind, i dont suggest anyone modify game files that arent meant to be edited, this is just a list of my steps in increasing performance, i accept no responsibility for any issues you encounter doing something you shouldn't. with that said, everythign i have listed , has been done by me personally, its nothing extreme, but it has helped, some more than others.

these are My local.ini settings, its not one size fits all, so tweaking may be needed.

"Resolution":
    "Width": 2560,
    "Height": 1440,
    "RefreshRate": 120,
    "IsWideScreen": true

"ResolutionIndex": 16,
  "AspectRatio": 1,
  "GraphicsQuality": 3,
  "CustomGraphicsQuality": true,
  "MultimonitorSupport": false,
  "VSync": 0,
  "FullscreenMode": 0,
  "LobbyFramerate": 30,
  "GameFramerate": 120,
  "TextureQuality": 2,
  "ShadowsQuality": 0,
  "ObjectLodQuality": 0,
  "SuperSampling": 0,
  "AnisotropicFiltering": 0,
  "OverallVisibility": 3,
  "ShadowVisibility": 1,
  "Ssao": 0,
  "Sharpen": 7,
  "SSR": 0,
  "AntiAliasing": 1,
  "GrassShadow": 0,
  "Bloom": 1,
  "ChromaticAberrations": 0,
  "Noise": 0,
  "Hdr": 0,
  "ZBlur": 0

2222.PNG

333333.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by jboydgolfer
forgot info

EustaZZ
Am 7.2.2020 um 15:31 schrieb Maki_Nishikino:

I can give Woods a try and here is Customs...

Untitled.png

Out of curiosity what hardware did you have before?

Overnight my fps got fixed without me doing anything. lmao. Woods is playable again FINALLY

Sidiox
On 2/7/2020 at 8:23 PM, jboydgolfer said:

<snip>

Trying those exact settings I get a total of 40fps on Customs and as soon as I ADS I drop to low 20s.

This is on a  Ryzen 3700 with 1080ti, 32GB of RAM  @ 3600Mhz from an NVME SSD.

I've also tried a couple of the "fixes" floating around on the web. Disabling the DPI scaling, settings some Nvidia options. It just seems to get worse and worse.

The main culprit seems to be that my GPU just isn't used at all, I'm hitting some 30% usage and when I scope in it drops to 10-15%.

I don't even do pmc runs anymore since any optic is impossible to use at 20fps....

Edited by Sidiox
  • Like 1

Jsixpack

New player here. So far I have only played customs. I can definitely say that FPS performance has dropped since last patch. Had to turn down my graphics settings. Now running consistently at 70-80 FPS. Used to get 90-110 (ore patch). I’m running a gtx 1080. 

BelligerentSexy
On 2/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, Sidiox said:

Trying those exact settings I get a total of 40fps on Customs and as soon as I ADS I drop to low 20s.

This is on a  Ryzen 3700 with 1080ti, 32GB of RAM  @ 3600Mhz from an NVME SSD.

I've also tried a couple of the "fixes" floating around on the web. Disabling the DPI scaling, settings some Nvidia options. It just seems to get worse and worse.

The main culprit seems to be that my GPU just isn't used at all, I'm hitting some 30% usage and when I scope in it drops to 10-15%.

I don't even do pmc runs anymore since any optic is impossible to use at 20fps....

try running Labs, it is the best optimized map in my experience, along with night time Factory. i run 120+ FPS on both. The reason i suggest people try them, is that it will rule out a lot of things. For example, if labs runs smooth 120FPS, but reserve runs like a DogSh!t sandwich, you know its the Map & not your PC or some damn setting. this has helped me a lot with narrowing down possible culprits, because it removes so many variables. I run great on some maps, but when i load reserve, suddenly my GPU utilization drops significantly.

here is two afterburner monitor screen shots, the first is labs, you'll see the smooth level performance over a period of 10 minutes or so in the first shoot (with the occasional freeze tarkov cant seem to exist without), & the up & down, low utilization performance of the second, which is reserve.

notice how poorly optimized reserve is, it is using WAY more RAM than is needed, which increases almost like a memory leak. it uses less GPU, more CPU, its all over the place, which screams poor optimization.

LABS.png

reserve.png

Edited by jboydgolfer
info
  • Like 1

shighty

Reserve has definitely been making my pc poo itself sometimes so I turned the graphics pretty much as low as I could, now it's only annoying stutters  from time to time, which would definitely get me killed mid gunfight but it was playable. Yesterday it felt especially bad though. Happened more often and game would not feel smooth, especially when adsing scopes. I also felt that unsmoothness and fps problem on my last run on shoreline. Which I still partially blame for losing a long range gunfight at spawn. After peeking, shooting, going back into cover and then dropping head to a headshot after already behind cover me and my friend rage quit for the day. Had a lot of fun today up till the very end of our session. Hopefully it goes better today with the fps issues. 

MoxMisanthrope

I've nearly identical stats as the OP (GTX970 with all the proper trimmings. I'm really hesitant to get EFT as I'm paranoid my FPS will be in the toilet. I mean, PUBG is pretty close to unplayable at this point. I don't see how EFT would be different.

smk0341

Its occurring to many people. Something is wrong recently with hardware usage. I am willing to bet, through my investigations, that one of your CPU cores is much higher than the rest, and the GPU usage is low%, and your GPU clocks (Core Mhz) are lower than card's max. Are you able to check this?

notprae

Yeah my hardware is barely being taxed and I'm getting the same frame drops on low and high, doesn't matter the settings. Something I noticed on customs today was whenever I was loading into an area with more scavs at the time it rendered them (they showed up in the distance) is when the game would stutter. I think it's an initial issue with the AI loading into your system as they appear on the map.

Mycelium

Have you tried using a memory cleaner, closing background processes, and maybe overclocking your GPU a little?

I'm on a low-mid range LAPTOP rig (I think) and I get playable frames on any map that's not Reserve.

8gb RAM, GTX 1050, i5-8300h w/ an HDD.

Edit: I forgot. My frames have really improved since the last few patches actually.

Edited by Mycelium