ekubo

New Player ...... Dumb Mechanics

ekubo

So I bought the game last night. I played a game. Lost all my equipment.

Why did I do this you may wonder ... because there is no tutorial in this game and only 1 button to press when you start the game. I couldn't play Scav because it had a 20 minute timer so I played PMC and lost all my equipment.

So today ... I try to play the game ... I play Scav once ... I played like 5 minutes before dying and now I have to wait 15 more minutes before playing again because I have no way to heal and my PMC is too low hp to play that.

I now realize that I can buy medicine and play PMC again but it seems incredibly idiotic to have a game with no tutorial at all especially when it isn't a "simple" game to understand when you load into the game. I find it quite funny that people pay for the game ($45 + tax), like me, and they can make all these maps and stuff ... but can't make a tutorial so new players actually know how to play the game ... And on top of no tutorial the game also doesn't run well and freezes/stutters quite a bit. 

And also .... a 20 minute Scav cooldown for new players seems quite stupid.

:/

KhemBlack

no the 20 minutes cd is not stupid. i know you do not have an idea what would happen if they remove that cd. oh bois. put some effort into the game and it will reward you guys.

Xynergize

Play in offline mode and and practice there 

• Like 1

FeedMeBeans

Plenty of tutorials on youtube etc. and if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen :) Get over the initial hump and this game is as rewarding as it gets.. 

• Upvote 1

StudTrunkMonkey

What they said, and more.....

Challenges from every direction, but its like everything else, you have to be in it to win it.....

I like the fact that you are not forced into ONE specific tactic or META as they say, When you finally win the first 

CQB it feels good, when a game loses its ability to make you feel then whats the point......Keep at it and see if you progress

and if not then there is the Old MW, Fortnite where you don' need tons of skill....

• Upvote 1

McHibbins

That"s Tarkov and Tarkov is special. ...

One of those games u should inform about first b4 buying. 

The Tutorial here is the Offline mode .....Rest is learning through pain. 

Love and stay or hate and leave. 

Edited by McHibbins

SmoothGamer
Posted (edited)

So this quest im reading says to take out 5 deadbeats what does that mean pmcs or scavs or bots or players im so confused lol and that wiki was terrible at best. Im guessing it means in a scav match? What else are those for even I played a match time ran out and I wasn't able to keep anything. As well it says realistic but it doesn't say you have to be a pro or get extremely good to compete even a little. Or that there is no tutorial like i have a life i cant spend this much time learning the game and I've spent money for it. Just upsetting.

Edited by SmoothGamer
  • Sad 1

TUALMASOK
2 hours ago, SmoothGamer said:

So this quest im reading says to take out 5 deadbeats what does that mean pmcs or scavs or bots or players im so confused lol and that wiki was terrible at best. Im guessing it means in a scav match? What else are those for even I played a match time ran out and I wasn't able to keep anything. As well it says realistic but it doesn't say you have to be a pro or get extremely good to compete even a little. Or that there is no tutorial like i have a life i cant spend this much time learning the game and I've spent money for it. Just upsetting.

You're not doing yourself any favours by expecting to be spoonfed all this. In the Tasks tab in the trader screen, or even in your character load out page, it explicitly states you need to kill 5 Scavs at Customs for the Debut tasks. If you look at the wiki page for the task it even states this, so I'm not sure what wiki you are looking at.

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Debut

If you've forked out money for a game you know nothing about and expect to be a God tier player straight away, and without even exploring the UI in game, then you will be disappointed.

WarTraveller
19 hours ago, SmoothGamer said:

I would recommend visiting the Tarkov wiki and doing some digging online - that will make your Tarkov life if not longer, then at least a bit easier. The game is pretty bad at explaining you what you need to do sometimes, so there is no shame in looking up OoC resources. Most of the "git gud" crowd here have done the exactly the same, despite preaching learning through trial and error.

fodster

I would recommend going back to COD, the city if Tarkov might be too much for the OP. 

• Sad 1

RyenG
On 2/7/2020 at 9:35 AM, ekubo said:

So I bought the game last night. I played a game. Lost all my equipment.

Why did I do this you may wonder ... because there is no tutorial in this game and only 1 button to press when you start the game. I couldn't play Scav because it had a 20 minute timer so I played PMC and lost all my equipment.

So today ... I try to play the game ... I play Scav once ... I played like 5 minutes before dying and now I have to wait 15 more minutes before playing again because I have no way to heal and my PMC is too low hp to play that.

I now realize that I can buy medicine and play PMC again but it seems incredibly idiotic to have a game with no tutorial at all especially when it isn't a "simple" game to understand when you load into the game. I find it quite funny that people pay for the game ($45 + tax), like me, and they can make all these maps and stuff ... but can't make a tutorial so new players actually know how to play the game ... And on top of no tutorial the game also doesn't run well and freezes/stutters quite a bit. 

And also .... a 20 minute Scav cooldown for new players seems quite stupid.

:/

Well in a post apoc realistic environment, no one is there telling you how to load, clean a gun. what types of ammo to use ect. This is the most hardcore game out there. You will get stomped repeated over and over until you learn. Theres plenty of other games for more casual gamers like yourself. this is not one

• Like 1

WarTraveller
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, RyenG said:

Well in a post apoc realistic environment, no one is there telling you how to load, clean a gun. what types of ammo to use ect. This is the most hardcore game out there. You will get stomped repeated over and over until you learn. Theres plenty of other games for more casual gamers like yourself. this is not one

"Hardcore" shouldn't be a word that is slapped over every bad or unfinished design. Tell me how much of what you know about the intricacies of the game have you actually learned on your own, and how much is information, gathered from the wiki and youtube? I seriously doubt you have figured out the armour penetration values of the bullets, or how they relate to the armour class, or where san219 spawns, without looking them up online.

There is such an air of pretentiousness - "How dare you don't know the things I googled!? You should go back to CoD!"

Edited by WarTraveller