Sign in to follow this  
denizk53

Repairing Armor

denizk53

If i buy a armor from the market lets just say a gen 4 full protection and it has 0/40 hp - is it worth it to buy and repair it? I think i heard somewhere that when you repair armor it has less quality of protection then before so i dont know if repairing is worth it. And if its worth, does prapor repairs the armor good enough or should i repair with skier?

Thormato

Prapor repairs cheap but bad, and mechanic expensiv but good, and anything below 50% of the orginal durability isnt worth the normal price

• Like 1

denizk53
vor 8 Minuten schrieb Thormato:

Prapor repairs cheap but bad, and mechanic expensiv but good, and anything below 50% of the orginal durability isnt worth the normal price

below 50% of the maximal durability or the current durability?

Thormato

Maximal durability, lets say a gen 4: max is i think 75/75, it is a class 5 armor, with 30/30 you could see it as a class 2 maybe 3 armor

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GeneralBrus
vor 6 Minuten schrieb denizk53:

below 50% of the maximal durability or the current durability?

As Thormato said, the original durability is important, that means if you repair an armor it loses some of its max durability points. Durability in Tarkov doesnt work like hitpoints. Less durability means higher chance the enemy bullet ignores your armor. 

So here is an exsample with 2 armors of the same type:

1. unrepaired armor having 68/80 durability

2. old used armor, multiple times repaired having 52/52 durability

The first armor here is the better choice, because even though the 2nd says "52/52",

in reality it has a 52/80 durability. the game counts from the "original max durability"

You can see that, when you repair an item.

• Like 1

denizk53
vor 1 Minute schrieb GeneralBrus:

As Thormato said, the original durability is important, that means if you repair an armor it loses some of its max durability points. Durability in Tarkov doesnt work like hitpoints. Less durability means higher chance the enemy bullet ignores your armor. 

So here is an exsample with 2 armors of the same type:

1. unrepaired armor having 68/80 durability

2. old used armor, multiple times repaired having 52/52 durability

The first armor here is the better choice, because even though the 2nd says "52/52",

in reality it has a 52/80 durability. the game counts from the "original max durability"

You can see that, when you repair an item.

And if i repair with prapor its even worse because he has the worst repair quality?

GeneralBrus

yes.

u know there are a lot of good tutorials on youtube. just search for " tarkov armor guide"

• Like 1

Mr_Stoffles

Buying broken armor and repairing it is fine, as long as the maximum durability isn’t low. So if your Gen4 is 30/30, it will help you for the first shot after that it is completely broken and offers no protection. When I am buying armor I look at max durability, if it is 0/75 that to me is worth repairing, it will tell you what the durability will become x/x after the repair.  

• Like 1