BlueLotus

This is an non-competitive game.

BlueLotus

My Rig: RTX 2080 Ti
              Ryzen 9 3900x
              64GB DDR4 3200hz RAM
              M.2 970 Evo 1 tb
              240Hz 1080p acer

Myself, along with the thousands of other EFT players out there are getting horrific frame rates (40-60) with top-of-the-line rigs and graphics settings to maximize frame rates. This varies slightly from map to map. Personally, I get the best frames on Woods , and the worst frames on Reserve. This game has been in development for over two years, with multitudes of game-breaking mechanical issues throughout this period. Until the .12 patch came out, most of the guns in the game didn't even shoot straight. In .12 the devs still haven't figured out how trigonometry works, and the so the sight misalignment is still linked to FOV. The desync from this game is the worst ever seen in gaming history, with "stutters" that players encounter wherein their screen freezes until the server syncs back up. These long standing mechanical issues have never been addressed or fixed by the development team. There is no recoil control as utilized by the large majority of FPS games. Instead, in Escape from Tarkov, your character automatically tries to counter recoil, making your firing accuracy entirely in the hands of your character, not of your own inherent skill as the player to control the recoil and shoot accurately. Aiming with most guns and most sights also causes your frame rate to drop to about half of your normal "resting" frame rate. obviously when you are aiming with your firearm is one of the times you need high frame rates the most. Zeroing with many magnified optics are inaccurate to where the bullet actually goes at the various zeroing distances. These mechanical problems create a near unplayable game, and certainly not a competitive one.

This game is built using the Unity engine, an engine that my 9 year old nephew has made multiple different games on. He is into WW1 and has made a few games about it. Two of which are almost as good as COD World at War's multiplayer! Granted we only had LAN capabilities so only 4 were playing at one time. All firearms he created, using the Unity engine, worked perfectly fine regardless of your FOV. If my 9 year old nephew can create a game on the Unity engine that runs better than Tarkov, that is saying something about the competency of the BSG development team. 

There are other simple game play based problems that the community is upset about that need tweaking or balancing. For example, hatchlings/pistolings sprinting into high-tier loot areas and putting the high-tier loot into their secure containers withing the first minutes of the raid. These balancing problems could be on the back burner for years and I wouldn't care. I simply want the game to run in a way that allows actual competitive play between players and PvE. The BSG development team clearly does not care about the game play or functionality of the game, and their sloppy work on the game shows their incompetency as developers. I really hope another development company buys out BSG so this game may one day be able to run mechanically sound.

If this game becomes competitive some day, who knows,  I might upgrade to EOD edition.

jackiemoon55

maybe you are just poo at the game honestly? could be that

BlueLotus
On 2/9/2020 at 8:25 PM, jackiemoon55 said:

maybe you are just poo at the game honestly? could be that

Says the guy who couldn't even install the game correctly

Mycelium

The game doesn't really even have a competitive format so I'm not sure what you're on about