Tarkelson

Game Refund?

Tarkelson

Hi there! So a friend of mine recently bought me this game because he "thought I would like it". Me being a tactical multiplayer action FPS fan, I can understand why he thought I enjoy this game. I've heard about Escape From Tarkov for awhile now, lots of YouTubers and Twitch streamers cover this game quiet extensively, so I definitely know the hype surrounding the game. But this is not without its flaws....

-Its been in development forever, a eternity long NDA-restricted Alpha....then only recently a half baked "Beta"

-The game has a difficult meta, very inconsistent loot tables, bad gear drops and general gameplay inconsistency with long wait times 

-A DROVE of technical issues, from crashes, lag, stutters, network issues, control issues, game-breaking bugs and major game instability

-EXTREMELY toxic developers who have been known to suppress, censor, and ban/restrict players for negative feedback, criticism, or anything that doesn't blindly praise this game for any reason (I'll be amazed if this post isn't shut down within the hour for me simply stating this fact) *Plus these guys have been known to go after YouTubers and Streamers, attempting to strike their channels

Now hear me out. Tonight I tried to give this game a chance. I swept the problems with this game and the developers under the rug, and I tried to give this an honest chance, (Who knows? Maybe I thought I would like the game after all) but alas, I have not even remotely gotten a chance to enjoy any major portion of the game. I have spent the last hour screwing around with constant game crashes, EVERY SINGLE MATCH. No matter if I play as Scav or USEC, no matter what map, whether Factory, Reserve or whatever, no matter what graphics settings I play at, or what changes I make to my PC, this game crashes CONSTANTLY. I did the normal diagnostics, updated video drivers, changed CPU priority, re-installed the game, re-seated my RAM, verified game files, changed registry files, changed video card settings in the NVIDIA control panel, NOTHING. This game is plagued with technical issues and it flat out doesn't run. Hell dude, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 doesn't crash as much as this game does.

My PC is also not a single problem either. I'm rocking AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 3.7GHz, 16GB DDR4 32000MHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070Ti, 960GB PNY Ultra III SSD, 4TB HDD Storage, 550w Corsair CX PSU and clean install of Windows 10 Home Anniversary Update. This PC is MORE THAN POWERFUL enough to run this game, I am well above the minimum system requirments. This game just doesn't wanna run and I don't know why. 

So I don't want him to waste his money. I want to know if there's any way that I can request a refund for the game in ANY way. I know there's a stupid policy around refunds in BattleState Games Terms of Service, but I live in the US and we have consumer protection laws the prohibit the prevention of refunds for reasons like this (Which is why Steam, uPlay, Origin, Epic ect. are required by law to offer refunds on digital products, and Steam allows you to refund any game if you can't run it and need a refund.) 

If anyone can help me out, I'd rather my friend get his money back rather than him having wasted his money on a technical Beta that won't run on my PC. Maybe in a year or whatever when this game is more complete and up to standard I will come back and revisit, but for now more work needs to be done.

TheSamEden
15 minutes ago, TehSillySoldier said:

My PC is also not a single problem either. 

Most people don't have that many issues, so something is different in you config that is causing the crashes. It may not be the hardware directly but it’s something. I would say reinstall windows on a different dive to see if issues happens on a fresh install.

Do you have any unrecognised devises in you device manager? They might be messing something up. (I had a headset that didn’t install properly that prevented games from starting a while ago)

tomkow4
28 minutes ago, TehSillySoldier said:

I want to know if there's any way that I can request a refund for the game in ANY way.

You might be able to do a chargeback, but that's likely a one way street as I've heard you'll get HW/IP permabanned. 

Tarkelson
3 minutes ago, tomkow4 said:

You might be able to do a chargeback, but that's likely a one way street as I've heard you'll get HW/IP permabanned. 

Well if that's what happens and the developers want to be immature and childish about me wanting a refund for a glorified early access game that has honest problems then so be it. I'll get my friend his money back, and there's PLENTY of other tactical multiplayer shooters I can play out there in the world. It is what it is.

tomkow4

Shame you have such problems, definately not a typical occurance as evident by thousands of people having a good time. But sometimes, something just doesn't tick and powerful PC run the game like crap or constatly crash.

17 minutes ago, TehSillySoldier said:

there's PLENTY of other tactical multiplayer shooters I can play out there in the world. It is what it is.

That's debateable as the market is hardly saturated and not every tactical shooter has such an addictive gampeplay loop. Oh well, poo happens. 

Akruin
5 hours ago, TehSillySoldier said:

AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 3.7GHz, 16GB DDR4 32000MHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070Ti

I have this exact setup. Luckily, I don't have a crashing problem. I do have less than desirable FPS sometimes, though. 

Sorry you're having a go of it and hate the game. Best of luck with the refund endeavor!