Sign in to follow this  
IBMess

Best Budget Gun Opinions

IBMess

Title pretty much says it all. I'm focusing more on guns that are better than bottom of the barrel scraping (mosins, pistols, cheap smgs, etc.). I've only been playing for about a month but my favorite budget guns that I can reliably kill anyone with are the VSS and 5.45x39 MDR. My reasoning: Both are about a 50k flea market purchase, moderately priced ammo, and little to no modding needed for decent stats. With the VSS all I need is a 10-20k sight with some SP-6 and I'm ready to shred any PMC in any gear I come accross. The MDR is fairly good on its own but I'd personally fork up enough for a sight, muzzle brake, and maybe a cheap foregrip alongside some M855A1 ammo. Honorable mention to a basic AK with bump stock, muzzle brake, and sight (only an honorable mention b/c imo the money spent to make an AK decent isn't worth it in comparison to something like a VSS). Let me know your opinions and personal favorites and why.

Brenil

MP5 turn in from Peacekeeper (I think?) is a great value.  Some may scoff at 9mm SMG, but the three round burst and great handling making getting face shots on gearlords quite achievable.  Save those scav knives (x8) and you get a very solid gun with almost no investment necessary. 

If you wish, you can upgrade it to the SD operator variant for around 40k, but it's a fine weapon out of the box.

CreamyCowboy

SKS for me. Tapco stock, grip, optic, 20rnd mags, BP ammo and suppressor. It's my go to.  Low recoil, rapid shots, budget friendly aside from ammo but PS isnt horrible.

Edited by CreamyCowboy

KaelTheInvoker
53 минуты назад, IBMess сказал:

5.45x39 MDR

5.56, i thing :)

Mobro1

Completely agree about the VSS! I remember the first time I used one and clearing out a load of scavs and PMCs on customs. Then I got overconfident and lost it ha.

I usually trade in 5 apollo cigarettes for an AK74N and mod it up, though

JerryB

Stock M1A 40-50k, cheap mags and with M61/M62/M80 you can drop people, the Monstrum 2x works really well on it too.

IBMess
48 minutes ago, KaelTheInvoker said:

5.56, i thing :)

Yea you're correct, I'm too used to typing 5.45 for the AKs lol.

55 minutes ago, Brenil said:

MP5 turn in from Peacekeeper (I think?) is a great value.  Some may scoff at 9mm SMG, but the three round burst and great handling making getting face shots on gearlords quite achievable.  Save those scav knives (x8) and you get a very solid gun with almost no investment necessary. 

If you wish, you can upgrade it to the SD operator variant for around 40k, but it's a fine weapon out of the box.

MP5 is definitely a good value given the barter option and cheap ammo. Only reason I don't use it over my other options is limitations on range with it being an SMG.

IBMess

M1As and SKS are great options too, I just struggle choosing semi autos over weapons w/ fully automatic options in similar price ranges. I've been toying with the idea of trying out more semi autos for ammo efficiancy. 

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the VSS comes with a built in silencer which is amazing as a solo player trying to save some rubles. Most guns you have to fork over a significant amount for a silencer and is the one reason I prefer my VSS option over the MDR.

Yeetboss2000

My problem is that i look at my money pile this way: i have 1000000 roubles, an sa-50 costs 50 grand so i can buy only 20. Nah its not worth it imma get an sks with ps and. No modding.

also automatic weapons have so much recoil especially with that head bobbing making every thing annoying. I also have loads of other questions such as are the scopes that sway with your character more accurate than those that stand still? Or how do i mod a gun without buying every attachment and trying it out? Im new to the game.

KaelTheInvoker
Posted (edited)

Stock MP-7 is great, because it have great pen. ammo, perfect stats and compact size for CQB.

You can mod extra cheap M416 for 60-80k only with long barrel, cheap sight and 39% recoil reduction stock.

TX-15 is very profitable also. You can buy it for only 60-70K with supressor and awesome stats.

Hope i helped you.

Edited by KaelTheInvoker