The_Bear93

Error when attempting to launch BSG Launcher

The_Bear93

I have been able to launch the game for the past month now until today. I attempted to launch the game as an administrator and keep getting this error:

'Unhandled Exception" Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path ", line 1, position 2699.49907906_Error2_10_2020.JPG.ad86b139826d835e329f5f811e47404e.JPG

I have searched everywhere for a fix for this and have been unsuccessful. 

Can anyone help me?

detestrian

I also get this error, line 0 position 0.

detestrian

Re-install the launcher.

The_Bear93
3 minutes ago, detestrian said:

Re-install the launcher.

I have un-installed and re-installed both launcher and entire game 3 times.. no fix :(

The_Bear93

I was finally able to fix this error but I do not know how. I will leave this thread up for anyone who knows how to actually fix this for the next time it happens.

joshyjosh00

Try to install .net framework but it says I have already operate with higher version and won't instal.

Sync31
13 hours ago, joshyjosh00 said:

Still cant enter the game , this problem keeps popping up

RisikoHD

Super Easy, Go into your BsgLaucher Folder , and just double click the BsgLauncher.exe there is a problem because of an update it will immediately start to update your game. 

GL and HF 

Risiko

BloodKhorne
On 2/12/2020 at 9:56 PM, RisikoHD said:

Super Easy, Go into your BsgLaucher Folder , and just double click the BsgLauncher.exe there is a problem because of an update it will immediately start to update your game. 

GL and HF 

Risiko

Didn't work for me.

zornium

I just got into the launcher folder-right klick launcher, and ran as Administrator, the launcher began to update. Worked for me, you guys should try also. 

/Tom

SerpenoideDLC
On 2/14/2020 at 3:45 PM, zornium said:

I just got into the launcher folder-right klick launcher, and ran as Administrator, the launcher began to update. Worked for me, you guys should try also. 

/Tom

I have tried everything including this and nothing has worked for me. 

Nemesis4k
vor 2 Stunden schrieb SerpenoideDLC:

me too

Nemesis4k

ok uninstall the launcher first, then install it new, works for me. 

sYs
5 hours ago, SerpenoideDLC said:

You still need help?

If so add me on discord.  sYs#7920

1interec1

gredgdrg.jpg.e213d65435078936e8012aafdd2dbfbf.jpg Такая же проблема, сегодня удалил geim bar, думал из-за этого, установил обратно но все ровно такая табличка вылазит. Что делать?

tristan2395

Go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher and delete (or backup) the settings file.
Start Launcher and login. The LAuncher wants to install the game.
Close Launcher. Open the settings File (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\settings) with a text editor and where it says   "gameRootDir":null you have to edit it like that:
"gameRootDir":"C:\\Games\\BsgLauncher\\EFT"
or wherever your game is installed.
Start Launcher an play.

Maybe its also possible to install the Game and select the directory where its already installed in and it will check the files and skip the download.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

banware
On 2/17/2020 at 9:46 AM, tristan2395 said:

Go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher and delete (or backup) the settings file.
Close Launcher. Open the settings File (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\settings) with a text editor and where it says   "gameRootDir":null you have to edit it like that:
Start Launcher an play.

Maybe its also possible to install the Game and select the directory where its already installed in and it will check the files and skip the download.

This worked for me.  Adding to it though, you don't need to close launcher and edit text file, just select "Select existing installation path" or something like that where you would usually see the check for updates button.  You can just navigate to your install folder there.

Nice find.

• Thanks 1

_CaptainSlow_
On 2/17/2020 at 7:46 AM, tristan2395 said:

Start Launcher an play.

Thank you so much. This fixed the problem on my end.

Reklessnewt8

I still having a problem with this I have uninstalled and tried everything that is listed above... anybody have anything else I can try or tell me something that I am doing wrong.

McKaid1215
On 2/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, Reklessnewt8 said:

I still having a problem with this I have uninstalled and tried everything that is listed above... anybody have anything else I can try or tell me something that I am doing wrong.

If you go into the BSG folder, go to the folder named uninst000 with shturman on the front and uninstall everything with that, redownload it and reinstall the game, it worked for me.

• Upvote 1

Repak
On 2/17/2020 at 5:46 PM, tristan2395 said:

Start Launcher an play.

thx, this help for me

Edited by Repak

loler4

well i have the same issue for me working only if i unstall the client and re install it making the right path to the game and it works till i turn of my pc then i have to do it again .... this issue sucks

ChayceC

im getting the same error message and nothing i do is working. ive tried to uninstall and reinstall the launcher and it still pops up.  please help

ChayceC
22 hours ago, McKaid1215 said:

If you go into the BSG folder, go to the folder named uninst000 with shturman on the front and uninstall everything with that, redownload it and reinstall the game, it worked for me.

this worked for me thanks man