The_Bear93

Error when attempting to launch BSG Launcher

NeGGGative
В 17.02.2020 в 18:46, tristan2395 сказал:

Go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher and delete (or backup) the settings file.
Start Launcher and login. The LAuncher wants to install the game.
Close Launcher. Open the settings File (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\settings) with a text editor and where it says   "gameRootDir":null you have to edit it like that:
"gameRootDir":"C:\\Games\\BsgLauncher\\EFT"
or wherever your game is installed.
Start Launcher an play.

Maybe its also possible to install the Game and select the directory where its already installed in and it will check the files and skip the download.

Помогло! Спасибо!

Minefrans

I found a fix that works for me.

I tried all of the above. When i uninstalled the game from the "unins000" located in the BsgLauncher folder, i could reinstall it, and it now works.

Hope this helps.

Hunter28
В 19.02.2020 в 06:02, banware сказал:

This worked for me.  Adding to it though, you don't need to close launcher and edit text file, just select "Select existing installation path" or something like that where you would usually see the check for updates button.  You can just navigate to your install folder there.

Nice find.

Man, thank you very much

Laurans

This worked for me, so no need to reinstall:

1. Go to the following path C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher (Username is the Windows account you`re logged on to)

2. Delete the settings file

3. Relaunch the BSG Launcher and just add the folder where the game is installed. 

JuliansMAIN
On 2/17/2020 at 10:46 AM, tristan2395 said:

Go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher and delete (or backup) the settings file.
Close Launcher. Open the settings File (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\settings) with a text editor and where it says   "gameRootDir":null you have to edit it like that:
Start Launcher an play.

Maybe its also possible to install the Game and select the directory where its already installed in and it will check the files and skip the download.

Ty you so much this has happened to me many times and this fixed it. What happened for me was the settings folded was deleted but stuck in the folder, I just dragged it to desktop and it disaapered

NW_Snickrdoodle
On 2/23/2020 at 1:47 PM, ChayceC said:

this worked for me thanks man

worked for me as well thank the lord

bluechipps

Uninstalling the launcher from unins000.exe was the only thing in this thread that worked for me. Thanks

• Upvote 1

AllHopesGone

Is there an easier way to solve the problem? 

AllHopesGone

I cant find a settings folder i only can find a settings data or is the folder with the settings data in it the one to uninstall? 

MrStandalone
On 2/22/2020 at 6:34 PM, McKaid1215 said:

If you go into the BSG folder, go to the folder named uninst000 with shturman on the front and uninstall everything with that, redownload it and reinstall the game, it worked for me.

This was a super easy fix, thanks so much!

dannyboyayy

None of the above helped me with this issue. My error reads  " Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path , line 1, position 2691"

Believe this a different error to the others but still cant fix or even open the launcher as it just kicks me out before opening. Any help would be appreciated

sick50g
On 2/17/2020 at 4:46 PM, tristan2395 said:

Start Launcher an play.

Thanks a lot :)

Ropoter63
Am 17.2.2020 um 16:46 schrieb tristan2395:

Start Launcher an play.

Thanks, I was able to start the Launcher, but only as Administrator. Now it works normaly

tkf0323

I'm a loyal gamer. I don't know how to create a new post. My account was accidentally blocked the day before yesterday. I suspect it's related to my new SSD, because I transferred the game to the newly installed SSD for a game and then the account was blocked. I don't know how to ask for help because my banned account doesn't allow me to appeal. I'm innocent. I've been playing this game for more than a year. I love this game. I hope someone can help me. Thank you very much. I also have a lot of experience in this game, which can help you.

sYs
59 minutes ago, tkf0323 said:

I'm a loyal gamer. I don't know how to create a new post. My account was accidentally blocked the day before yesterday. I suspect it's related to my new SSD, because I transferred the game to the newly installed SSD for a game and then the account was blocked. I don't know how to ask for help because my banned account doesn't allow me to appeal. I'm innocent. I've been playing this game for more than a year. I love this game. I hope someone can help me. Thank you very much. I also have a lot of experience in this game, which can help you.

https://www.battleye.com/support/

adaptiveContrct

I’ve been having all sorts of problems all day. At the moment I have the BSOD when I try to launch the game :/ 

please help meeee 

Hoogs

I was having the same issues. Problem was solved after I updated my Windows 10 OS

I followed the steps shown here and was getting BSOD Kernel Security Check Failures but the Win 10 update went through and now Tarkov works as normal again

tinothetum
On 2/10/2020 at 11:41 PM, The_Bear93 said:

I have been able to launch the game for the past month now until today. I attempted to launch the game as an administrator and keep getting this error:

'Unhandled Exception" Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path ", line 1, position 2699.49907906_Error2_10_2020.JPG.ad86b139826d835e329f5f811e47404e.JPG

I have searched everywhere for a fix for this and have been unsuccessful. 

Can anyone help me?

I get the same thing, and have tried all the fixes

PredatorShapour

THE SAME THING HAPPEND to ME I CANNOT GET GAME TO LAUNCH FOR 3 months G2A WEBSITE WILL NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK FOR THE GAME KEY AND TARKOV HAVE NOT RESOLVED THE PROBLEM I FEEL RIPPED OFF> THE GAME THEN CRASHED MY WHOLE COMPUTER THE GAME WORKED FOR 1 month and has not ever since. G2A IS A FRUAD INTERNET COMPANY NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AND TARKOV IS A JOKE>

thelord65
On 2/17/2020 at 5:46 PM, tristan2395 said:

Start Launcher an play.

All I had to do, was to go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\ and delete settings, anyway it was empty, and then double click on BsgLauncher.exe, it wanted to install the game and I selected "existing path" (chose where was already installed), all it did was to check the integrity of the game files, after that asked for an update.

Now it's working.

Thanks mate!

F3nri5

Hi @all

Today i get this failure. Nothing helped which is listed above. The folder in "(C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\settings)" is empty. But the worst thing is, i can't even deinstall the game! Windows don't let me

Screenshot_4.jpg

Edited by F3nri5

Thore1234567890
Am 17.2.2020 um 16:46 schrieb tristan2395:

Start Launcher an play.

Thx man thats really helped me

alejj_tc

Cant install launcher. :(

2.jpg

corbyR1

My friend is installing the launcher off the website and he does not get a battlestate games folder he gets one called games which only has the launcher in and doesnt have eft folder any help wanted please.

Iztortion
On 2/18/2020 at 1:02 PM, banware said:

This worked for me.  Adding to it though, you don't need to close launcher and edit text file, just select "Select existing installation path" or something like that where you would usually see the check for updates button.  You can just navigate to your install folder there.

Nice find.

I need help trying to figure out a problem I'm having with the launcher, so basically i've had an issue for months now where my launcher would not open and it would make my screen turn off and on until I get a blue screen of death or it gives me an error like "Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1" or somewhere along those lines and I've tried everything but im open to any ideas of what it could be.

Error tarkov.JPG

Edited by Iztortion
adding a file