Jump to content

looking at armor class tier useless??


mcmcrabbit
 Share

Recommended Posts

-if you look at the table, both the high lighted red armor has similar stats only  10 true durability difference and one protects the arm but their tier class is way far apart.

-it is also made with combined materials which if you look on the bottom right only has moderate 0.5 chance of destructibility (means its also not the strongest tanking material nor the best moderate durability, since Titan has 0.55 and the repair rate and damage tanking is way better)

-what is also over looked is the high lighted in green, armor steel material armor which has a 0.7 of damage taking plus Very good repair ability compared to every other armor, but as high as it can get it can only get to tier 4.

-the rest of tier 5 armors are all made with less "good" materials, and there's even polymer made armor the 6b13 M assault (killa) which is made with like almost the lowest material??

-and if you are just looking at pure tank damage and no repair ability all the tier 4 ceramic armor is better than tier 5 and 6 statistically.

thanks for reading, correct me if i'm wrong. I'm just way to confused at this point into what armor to buy

 

Artboard 1wtf.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 2 Stunden schrieb rabbitg380:

what armor to buy

depends on your budget, in most cases players will use good ammo so it doesnt really matter if you wear tier2 or 5, scavs however mainly use "bad" ammo, so wearing t3/4 gives you an advantage over the basic player scav (ak with PS will mostly bounce off the green t3 helmet, also shotguns never(i never had a scav) have ap20 or flechette, for example)

so i decided for myself to have a standard loadout using a t3 armored rig (so i dont have to buy a body armor and a rig) and t3 helmet with headset - for advanced loadout i think it doesnt really matter...take what you can get cheap, the average threat plays with good ammo anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lvl 4- Can Protect up to BT

lvl 5- Can Protect up to a few rounds of spp and I'd say around 3 rounds of high tier ammo like bs, 7n12 bp, 7.62 bp, lps gzh, m80
lvl 6- Can stop at least 1 round of higher tier ammo until you get into high caliber ap rounds like m62, m61, 7bt1, 7n37, snb

  • Hot 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, sackmycack said:

lvl 4- Can Protect up to BT

lvl 5- Can Protect up to a few rounds of spp and I'd say around 3 rounds of high tier ammo like bs, 7n12 bp, 7.62 bp, lps gzh, m80
lvl 6- Can stop at least 1 round of higher tier ammo until you get into high caliber ap rounds like m62, m61, 7bt1, 7n37, snb

But isnt the point to look at the armors true durability? which isnt shown inside the game but only on the stat sheet.

if the 6b43 tier 6 armor can stop 1 roud of higher tier armor and it has 150 true durabitly, wouldnt the BNTI tier 3 armor do the same? since it has 140 true durability and both of them are made with the same material "combined materials".

my question is what are their differences? when one  costs over 100,000k and the other 20,000k why buy the expensive one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2020 at 9:39 PM, schubbey said:

depends on your budget, in most cases players will use good ammo so it doesnt really matter if you wear tier2 or 5, scavs however mainly use "bad" ammo, so wearing t3/4 gives you an advantage over the basic player scav (ak with PS will mostly bounce off the green t3 helmet, also shotguns never(i never had a scav) have ap20 or flechette, for example)

so i decided for myself to have a standard loadout using a t3 armored rig (so i dont have to buy a body armor and a rig) and t3 helmet with headset - for advanced loadout i think it doesnt really matter...take what you can get cheap, the average threat plays with good ammo anyway

my point is the "Tiers" in game dosent really show how good or bad the armor is, when whats important is the armors material and its true durability. so a "tier 6" armor can have the same stats as the "tier 3" armor but one is shown as superior beacause it just simply says "tier 6"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2020 at 7:06 PM, rabbitg380 said:

-if you look at the table, both the high lighted red armor has similar stats only  10 true durability difference and one protects the arm but their tier class is way far apart.

-it is also made with combined materials which if you look on the bottom right only has moderate 0.5 chance of destructibility (means its also not the strongest tanking material nor the best moderate durability, since Titan has 0.55 and the repair rate and damage tanking is way better)

-what is also over looked is the high lighted in green, armor steel material armor which has a 0.7 of damage taking plus Very good repair ability compared to every other armor, but as high as it can get it can only get to tier 4.

-the rest of tier 5 armors are all made with less "good" materials, and there's even polymer made armor the 6b13 M assault (killa) which is made with like almost the lowest material??

-and if you are just looking at pure tank damage and no repair ability all the tier 4 ceramic armor is better than tier 5 and 6 statistically.

thanks for reading, correct me if i'm wrong. I'm just way to confused at this point into what armor to buy

 

Artboard 1wtf.png

for those who dont know, the true durability is basically the actual durability of the armor multiplied by the material on the bottom right corner.

for example the "BNTI Kirasa - N"  with 140 true durability X its material "combined materials" 0.5 which gives you = 70 durability which is shown in game. but it does not tell you it has 140 true durability in game

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, rabbitg380 said:

But isnt the point to look at the armors true durability? which isnt shown inside the game but only on the stat sheet.

if the 6b43 tier 6 armor can stop 1 roud of higher tier armor and it has 150 true durabitly, wouldnt the BNTI tier 3 armor do the same? since it has 140 true durability and both of them are made with the same material "combined materials".

my question is what are their differences? when one  costs over 100,000k and the other 20,000k why buy the expensive one?

True durability as far as I know is how much effective hp the armor has if it is being hit by rounds that cannot pen that armor. The durability shown is the hp that is affected by rounds that can pen it/pen it after a round or two. They may both be made out of combined materials but the 6b43 is much thicker armor so it can stop better rounds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sackmycack said:

True durability as far as I know is how much effective hp the armor has if it is being hit by rounds that cannot pen that armor. The durability shown is the hp that is affected by rounds that can pen it/pen it after a round or two. They may both be made out of combined materials but the 6b43 is much thicker armor so it can stop better rounds. 

But where do you get to see which is thicker than which? when both the BNTI  Kirasa  and 6B43 is shown with  around 70 durability?  Or am i missing some stats

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rabbitg380 said:

But where do you get to see which is thicker than which? when both the BNTI  Kirasa  and 6B43 is shown with  around 70 durability?  Or am i missing some stats

armor doesnt matter if your opponent is using AP rounds. all that duribilkity is is there to protect from lesser ammo type giving you more life till those rounds can pen. That is why helmets in the game are only useful vrs scavs and players that refuse to buy AP rounds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rekonsile said:

armor doesnt matter if your opponent is using AP rounds. all that duribilkity is is there to protect from lesser ammo type giving you more life till those rounds can pen. That is why helmets in the game are only useful vrs scavs and players that refuse to buy AP rounds.

Yes, but if it doesent matter what armor i buy, why would i buy the more expensive one's? when there is cheaper alternatives with the same stats.

there are other examples like the "IOTV Gen4 Full" with stats equivalent to the "6B2" but one is way cheaper than the other. (the only difference is one protects the arm)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rabbitg380 said:

Yes, but if it doesent matter what armor i buy, why would i buy the more expensive one's? when there is cheaper alternatives with the same stats.

there are other examples like the "IOTV Gen4 Full" with stats equivalent to the "6B2" but one is way cheaper than the other. (the only difference is one protects the arm)

because if someone is using poo ammo you will win the fire fight.... 556 for example is basically useless vrs class 6 armor since no one wants to spend 14 dollars a round for m995

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, sackmycack said:

Just go watch a vid on body armor its extremely difficult to explain it if you don't know how classes of body armor works along with the effectiveness of different types of materials.

I think i understand it a bit more now after watching veritas's video 

what i understood was basically there is more to armor durability and the armor class has more hidden statistics that are not shown but is still impactful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 2/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, rabbitg380 said:

-if you look at the table, both the high lighted red armor has similar stats only  10 true durability difference and one protects the arm but their tier class is way far apart.

-it is also made with combined materials which if you look on the bottom right only has moderate 0.5 chance of destructibility (means its also not the strongest tanking material nor the best moderate durability, since Titan has 0.55 and the repair rate and damage tanking is way better)

-what is also over looked is the high lighted in green, armor steel material armor which has a 0.7 of damage taking plus Very good repair ability compared to every other armor, but as high as it can get it can only get to tier 4.

-the rest of tier 5 armors are all made with less "good" materials, and there's even polymer made armor the 6b13 M assault (killa) which is made with like almost the lowest material??

-and if you are just looking at pure tank damage and no repair ability all the tier 4 ceramic armor is better than tier 5 and 6 statistically.

thanks for reading, correct me if i'm wrong. I'm just way to confused at this point into what armor to buy

 

Artboard 1wtf.png

from the ground up the way you understood the ammo chart is backwards.

for example with aramid which has 0.25 destructablility it means it takes 0.25/25% of the damage pershot meaning a 50 HP aramid armor can actually take 200 damage a shot

destructability is a multipler of the damage taken not the armors HP

also this chart is almost a year and a half old i suggest u look for a more recent one as u mentioned "there is no class 6 armor steel armor" there actually is
another example for armor destrucablility is the slick it has 80 HP with a destructability of 0.7 that means when it is shot with a 10 damage round it will only take 7 points of damage if u wanted to calculate the armors HP u dont do 80x0.7 u do 80/0.7 if u want to calculate bullet damage to armor u do (bullet damage x0,7) hope it makes it abit clearer because u go the whole idea backwards
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, rabbitg380 said:

-if you look at the table, both the high lighted red armor has similar stats only  10 true durability difference and one protects the arm but their tier class is way far apart.

-it is also made with combined materials which if you look on the bottom right only has moderate 0.5 chance of destructibility (means its also not the strongest tanking material nor the best moderate durability, since Titan has 0.55 and the repair rate and damage tanking is way better)

-what is also over looked is the high lighted in green, armor steel material armor which has a 0.7 of damage taking plus Very good repair ability compared to every other armor, but as high as it can get it can only get to tier 4.

-the rest of tier 5 armors are all made with less "good" materials, and there's even polymer made armor the 6b13 M assault (killa) which is made with like almost the lowest material??

-and if you are just looking at pure tank damage and no repair ability all the tier 4 ceramic armor is better than tier 5 and 6 statistically.

thanks for reading, correct me if i'm wrong. I'm just way to confused at this point into what armor to buy

 

Artboard 1wtf.png

from the ground up the way you understood the ammo chart is backwards.

for example with aramid which has 0.25 destructablility it means it takes 0.25/25% of the damage pershot meaning a 50 HP aramid armor can actually take 200 damage a shot

destructability is a multipler of the damage taken not the armors HP

also this chart is almost a year and a half old i suggest u look for a more recent one as u mentioned "there is no class 6 armor steel armor" there actually is
another example for armor destrucablility is the slick it has 80 HP with a destructability of 0.7 that means when it is shot with a 10 damage round it will only take 7 points of damage if u wanted to calculate the armors HP u dont do 80x0.7 u do 80/0.7 if u want to calculate bullet damage to armor u do (bullet damage x0,7) hope it makes it abit clearer because u go the whole idea backwards
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...
On 2/12/2020 at 7:02 AM, mcmcrabbit said:

But where do you get to see which is thicker than which? when both the BNTI  Kirasa  and 6B43 is shown with  around 70 durability?  Or am i missing some stats

 

On 2/12/2020 at 6:46 AM, mcmcrabbit said:

my point is the "Tiers" in game dosent really show how good or bad the armor is, when whats important is the armors material and its true durability. so a "tier 6" armor can have the same stats as the "tier 3" armor but one is shown as superior beacause it just simply says "tier 6"

You're mistaken in your interpretation of what durability means.  The amount of durability does not equate how much it protects you, the durability is a measure of how much hit points the armor loses if it gets hit.  A high durability armor will take less damage from the same bullet than a low durability armor. 

Class 6 armor will protect against higher calibers than a class 3 armor, but if they're made out of the same material (and have the same "durability"), they will be losing the same amount of hit points if they got hit by the same caliber, granted that the round doesn't penetrate.  On the flip side, a class 6 armor with low durability will still protect against higher calibers than a class 3 with high durability.  If a class 6 armor has lower durability than a class 3 armor, the class 6 armor itself will take more damage from the same bullet than a class 3 armor if that bullet doesn't penetrate, but the class 6 armor will protect you from a lot more than the class 3 will.

Penetration protection is a lot more valuable than durability because if the armor saved you vs. a round that a lower class armor wouldn't have protected you against, then it doesn't really matter that it broke because if you had a lower class armor you would be dead.

Edited by LuciDreams
Elaboration
Link to comment
Share on other sites

while almost all answers here are correct i can also add an detail here:

a damged  armor will always protect you less than a full hp armor of the same armor class if u look at blocking a bullet (regardless of material). %chance to pen is always calculated of the original %hp of the vest not the actual value hp of the vest. meaning a 50/70 vest protects you less than a different one 50/50 (both vest not rapired once). if u have two indentical vests but one is 50/70( not repaired) and the other is 50/50 (repaired) they will both protect you the same way cause the 50/50 is actual calculated as 50/70.

and to answer your question to why u should buy a 100k over a 20k vest if both protect the same amount (asuming they are both the same tier) the 100k vest mostlikely has more hp and has a better rapair value. materials mostly only affects repairablity and not the actual %chance to block a bullet. it matters once you calculate dmg to vest per bullet but such scenearios are more or less rare in actual pvp with good geared people.

lastly the tier is always more important than material and hp of the vest.

ps: on helmets there is also a big factor of ricoche chance. even a lvl 3 helm can "block" a ap round when its fired from an shitty angle. block may be the wrong term its more defelcting a bullet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...