Linux Port Details And Timeline

flan-flan

Hey there, I did a search and noticed there were some other threads on the forum discussing this and even a link to a podcast by battlestategames on Twitch from two weeks back (https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedClearMarrowEleGiggle) where they claim that a Linux port is planned. This is great news for me and others who have played the game through Wine and/or Proton in the past and would like to continue playing it, but cannot as of the BattlEye update due to the lack of compatibility between the Windows version of the anti-cheat and our operating system.

Is there a timeline for when this port is planned and for which Linux distributions it will be available for? Is it on the table for release during the Beta or is it planned for after the game is complete and ready to ship?

Any news would be appreciated, thank you for your time.

• 11 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 11:45 AM, flan-flan said:

Hey there, I did a search and noticed there were some other threads on the forum discussing this and even a link to a podcast by battlestategames on Twitch from two weeks back (https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedClearMarrowEleGiggle) where they claim that a Linux port is planned. This is great news for me and others who have played the game through Wine and/or Proton in the past and would like to continue playing it, but cannot as of the BattlEye update due to the lack of compatibility between the Windows version of the anti-cheat and our operating system.

Is there a timeline for when this port is planned and for which Linux distributions it will be available for? Is it on the table for release during the Beta or is it planned for after the game is complete and ready to ship?

This is super old but I am interested in this as well....

On 2/12/2020 at 3:45 AM, flan-flan said:

Hey there, it's almost the anniversary of the first time I posted this, and I actually didn't get any official response. That's okay, I'm sure you guys are busy.

I was wondering however if this means that you're busy working on the Linux port of Tarkov which is apparently planned according to the above clip provided in the post I made about 12 months ago?

If there's any news as to how the Linux port of Tarkov is going, I'd love to hear about it, and I'm sure so would many other people.

• 5 months later...