Fix your spawns

LoginTaken

LoginTaken

Stop spawning groups of people right next to each other on massive maps like interchange.

You have all this ducking space. Why place three players right ducking next to each other ?

Its not fun to spawn in, run 10meters, see another play already, and have a third spamming ducking nades everywhere. This is nothing but poor map and spawn design. There is no tactics or "playing" when people spawn in and start nearly instantly shooting each other out in the open they spawned in.

No one, should ever die within 5minutes of spawning in to a raid. Considering it takes 5 minutes (OR LONGER) to get into a match.

1009372477_EscapeFromTarkov2_11_20204_45_02PM.thumb.png.a94ae9eb83856c740060906e893c2ac2.png

Edited by LoginTaken
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

I dont know what is happening, but as of yesterday my solo scav rounds on Woods and Customs have been, 16sec, 19sec, 29sec, and 1m 3sec. Literally unable to actually do anything. Its gotta be a recent bug with an update in past 48hrs. Very odd, so im holding on playing solo for a bit to see if anyone has same/similar issue

African_Plz

I honestly think you are both just bad tbh. If you know for a fact that the spawns are close together, why do you keep running in and dying? Why not just wait at your spawn in some cover for a minute and kill the 47 other players that spawned 5-10m away from you?

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
16 minutes ago, African_Plz said:

I honestly think you are both just bad tbh. If you know for a fact that the spawns are close together, why do you keep running in and dying? Why not just wait at your spawn in some cover for a minute and kill the 47 other players that spawned 5-10m away from you?

huh? so me spawning in, checking my inv and taking 3 steps and getting killed is me being bad? hokay my dude

African_Plz
28 minutes ago, tsmhicks said:

huh? so me spawning in, checking my inv and taking 3 steps and getting killed is me being bad? hokay my dude

Why are you checking your inv? Isn't that what you do before you start a game?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, African_Plz said:

People like you replying here with such nonsense are so pathetic honestly. 

We're talking about basic level design in a pvp open world game. You have a big map ; you want players to fight in it. Not to spawn next of each other and fight right there at their spawn when the game could easily spread them around it.

Arguing against that is plainly retarded, trying to lecture people about how they play while avoiding the core problem is probably the epitome of ignorance. (Have fun googling that word) 

If you sincerly enjoy spawn fighting ; you should go play COD and not an open world ''realistic'' ''tAtCtIcAl SHoOtEr'' in my humble opinion.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
African_Plz
6 minutes ago, Galehaut said:

People like you replying here with such nonsense are so pathetic honestly. 

We're talking about basic level design in a pvp open world game. You have a big map ; you want players to fight in it. Not to spawn next of each other and fight right there at their spawn when the game could easily spread them around it.

Arguing against that is plainly retarded, trying to lecture people about how they play while avoiding the core problem is probably the epitome of ignorance. (Have fun googling that word) 

If you sincerly enjoy spawn fighting ; you should go play COD and not an open world ''realistic'' ''tAtCtIcAl SHoOtEr'' in my humble opinion.

Honestly I usually take the piss out of people like you but you seem genuine which concerns me. I don't see a problem with the spawns at all. I have a couple hundred hours on the game this patch and I can count on one hand the number of times I have died in less than a minute or 2, and the times I did I can only imagine I was hatchet running full speed at the enemy. I tend to only give garbage replies to garbage arguments. 

If you are level 34 and dying minutes into every single raid, there is a bigger problem than the spawns. 

Also I didn't even read the line "nobody should ever die 5 mins into raid... " - Mans obviously not discovered Factory yet 

PS - I tried to restrict myself to only using simple words here to make you feel smart when you read it :)

Edited by African_Plz
  • Sad 5
Just now, African_Plz said:

I don't see a problem with the spawns at all.

Also I didn't even read the line "nobody should ever die 5 mins into raid... " - Mans obviously not discovered Factory yet 

PS - I tried to restrict myself to o my using simple words here to make you feel smart when you read it :)

You're inability to see a problem means nothing in reality. You know what they say after all ; Ignorance is bliss. If you do not know about something, you do not worry about it. I think we both know though that you pretty much know nothing about game developpement and level design. Your lack of any serious argument since the beginning of this thread kinda prove it, considering that the only thing you seem to be competent about is bickering on the internet. This topic seems to come back over and over too funnily enough ...

At this point it's not even a question IF there's a spawning problem or not, everybody with half a brain knows that players shouldn`t spawn next of each other in an open world full loot pvp game. But keep arguing dude, i'm sure that many people care about your useless negations.

• Like 1
African_Plz
2 hours ago, Galehaut said:

You're inability to see a problem means nothing in reality. You know what they say after all ; Ignorance is bliss. If you do not know about something, you do not worry about it. I think we both know though that you pretty much know nothing about game developpement and level design. Your lack of any serious argument since the beginning of this thread kinda prove it, considering that the only thing you seem to be competent about is bickering on the internet. This topic seems to come back over and over too funnily enough ...

At this point it's not even a question IF there's a spawning problem or not, everybody with half a brain knows that players shouldn`t spawn next of each other in an open world full loot pvp game. But keep arguing dude, i'm sure that many people care about your useless negations.

You care enough to reply x). Honestly at minimum, 50% of your last post has absolutely no meaning whatsoever. You cant just string long words together and expect them to mean something because they sound fun lmao. I don't even know what you are arguing anymore. Obviously you like to make assumptions about all sorts of things you have no idea about, so I'm just gonna give this one to you buddy.

Good job mate, you really showed them! Keep up the good work. 

Edited by African_Plz
  • Sad 2
LoginTaken
4 hours ago, African_Plz said:

Lets break this down.

If I "run" in I am asking to be killed by the person who spawns 10-20 ish meters from me.

But if I stay in my exact location, I will somehow survive the attack of the solo/squad that rushes the spawn every ducking game.

Despite.

1. Being in the open.

2. Being out number to by a factor of 5 to 1.

3. Get grenaded

4. Being spotted by someone with a better sight-line.

Spawns on big maps make no sense. I love how you are getting so worked up over  spawn camping, but made a discussion about exit campers.

Hypocritical if you ask me.

3 hours ago, African_Plz said:

Specifically talking about the larger maps. Factory and Customs are just too small. Especially Customs. Hence why they are going to expand on it. I was talking about maps that are already big but tend to spawn someone right next to each other every game. Maybe not you over and over again, but someone in the match.

PS - I tried to restrict myself to only using simple words here to make you feel smart when you read it :)

You are just being toxic for the sake of being toxic.

You don't have any constructive comments thus far in this discussion. You attack the character of the player, without regard for the actual issue at hand.

28 minutes ago, African_Plz said:

You care enough to reply x). Honestly at minimum, 50% of your last post has absolutely no meaning whatsoever.

Honestly I usually take the piss out of people like you but you seem genuine which concerns me.

I tend to only give garbage replies to garbage arguments.

You are just toxic with no constructive comments.

Edited by LoginTaken
ExeIworkz
vor 5 Stunden schrieb tsmhicks:

I dont know what is happening, but as of yesterday my solo scav rounds on Woods and Customs have been, 16sec, 19sec, 29sec, and 1m 3sec. Literally unable to actually do anything. Its gotta be a recent bug with an update in past 48hrs. Very odd, so im holding on playing solo for a bit to see if anyone has same/similar issue

-Scav-

vor 4 Stunden schrieb African_Plz:

Scav.

4 hours ago, African_Plz said:

This has nothing to do with a players skill. And this only really has been a problem the last couple of days. You spawn into a game, and before you even know where you have spawned you get killed. It is basic game design 101, If a player is on spawn the new player should spawn on a empty spawn location. And it is not like they are short on spawn locations, each map has more then enough of them.

A few questions, not aimed to be flaming or anything; 
1. If this was a once off issue, maybe you spawned in late? Unlucky. 
        1a. If it happens often, why don't you just kill people when they spawn instead? 
2. Realistically, not trolling or yanking your chain one bit, how do you suppose spawns work? Would you prefer staggered, where there's more potential to actually camp "late spawners", or would you prefer larger spawns apart, so that on maps like Customs where dorms is arguably the 'center' of fighting since the marked rooms exists, players should be able to spawn right next to it, practically getting free reign over the loot there. 

I'm not trying to take the piss here, I am just interested in what you propose needs to change, more than not spawning "right ducking next to each other ". 

African_Plz

1 hour ago, LoginTaken said:

Lets break this down.

If I "run" in I am asking to be killed by the person who spawns 10-20 ish meters from me.

But if I stay in my exact location, I will somehow survive the attack of the solo/squad that rushes the spawn every ducking game.

Despite.

1. Being in the open.

2. Being out number to by a factor of 5 to 1.

3. Get grenaded

4. Being spotted by someone with a better sight-line.

If you run like an idiot (I can only assume you do), then yes, you are asking to get killed. As for spawn distance, I have attached a map of the Interchange spawns (I chose interchange as it seems to be a reoccurring map in this discussion). You can clearly see that  saying the spawns are 10-20m apart is a wild understatement. I would recommend reassessing those distances.

Ill list my response to each of your points  in order:

1 - True, it is open

2 - Unfortunately it is not mine nor the games fault you don't have friends.

3 - Get grenaded, I mean look its possible I guess, never seen that happen before, let me know if it happens to you and get a clip of it, ill post it on the Reddit for easy free karma.

4 - If someone can see your eyes, you can see theirs

Spawns on big maps make no sense. I love how you are getting so worked up over  spawn camping, but made a discussion about exit campers.

Hypocritical if you ask me.

- I have never been spawn camped as you are describing

- I have consistently been exit camped throughout my entire time playing this game.

Specifically talking about the larger maps. Factory and Customs are just too small. Especially Customs. Hence why they are going to expand on it. I was talking about maps that are already big but tend to spawn someone right next to each other every game. Maybe not you over and over again, but someone in the match.

I'm glad we can agree on something

You are just being toxic for the sake of being toxic.

I'm pretty sure I already explained ill only post garbage replies to garbage arguments :/

-----

If I am posting empty responses with no basic meaning, why the hell is everyone so mad about it?

1 hour ago, ExeIworkz said:

Scav.

Honestly, and im being completely serious when i say this, this is genuinely the only reply on this post with any sort of decent point whatsoever.

57 minutes ago, Iblysi said:

This has nothing to do with a players skill. And this only really has been a problem the last couple of days. You spawn into a game, and before you even know where you have spawned you get killed. It is basic game design 101, If a player is on spawn the new player should spawn on a empty spawn location. And it is not like they are short on spawn locations, each map has more then enough of them.

Again, i thought i already made this clear. This was my first garbage reply to a garbage post. The "bait" if you will.

escape-from-tarkov-interchange-spawns-1.png

Edited by African_Plz
13inches1223
8 hours ago, African_Plz said:

Honestly I usually take the piss out of people like you but you seem genuine which concerns me. I don't see a problem with the spawns at all. I have a couple hundred hours on the game this patch and I can count on one hand the number of times I have died in less than a minute or 2, and the times I did I can only imagine I was hatchet running full speed at the enemy. I tend to only give garbage replies to garbage arguments. 

If you are level 34 and dying minutes into every single raid, there is a bigger problem than the spawns. 

Jesus christ you make me cringe. Op is right about some of the spawns, It's happened to me and my friend a couple of times.

African_Plz
11 minutes ago, 13inches1223 said:

Jesus christ you make me cringe. Op is right about some of the spawns, It's happened to me and my friend a couple of times.

People say cringe in 2020...?

LoginTaken
5 hours ago, Jamba said:

A few questions, not aimed to be flaming or anything; 
1. If this was a once off issue, maybe you spawned in late? Unlucky. 
        1a. If it happens often, why don't you just kill people when they spawn instead? 
2. Realistically, not trolling or yanking your chain one bit, how do you suppose spawns work? Would you prefer staggered, where there's more potential to actually camp "late spawners", or would you prefer larger spawns apart, so that on maps like Customs where dorms is arguably the 'center' of fighting since the marked rooms exists, players should be able to spawn right next to it, practically getting free reign over the loot there. 

I'm not trying to take the piss here, I am just interested in what you propose needs to change, more than not spawning "right ducking next to each other ". 

(in regard to big maps, not small maps as they plan on increasing the sizes of several)

1. I rarely (at least of late) spawn in late. Thats a separate issue all together, and more to due with the crap servers. Though to be fair there are a lot of issues in that regard.

1A. The problem is not one of spawning late, or being shot at upon spawning. But spawning and being so close to another player, it forces combat. Fights should not happen because of spawn location, but due to loot and high value areas and player conflicting within/near them. Its not a question of "Can't you kill them?", but why am I being forced to kill them or die, after having just spawned. It forces a play-style. I mean we all see in/done it. Rushing the closest spawn to neutralize someone who will be in the open. While realistically, how would a PMC know the location of another with that person giving their position away ?

2. Well in regards to customs. They already announced they plan on increasing its size for the next update. This will help a lot with customs.

The big problem is with larger maps like interchange/shoreline/reserve. These maps are massive, yet multiple players can be right next to each other at the beginning of the round. To correct this, a active spawn location should negate the two closest. You  can still be killed in the area by others rushing your area, but this would prevent people spawning in and nearly instantly shooting at one another. As is, loot you can reach is determined by your spawn location to begin with. So playing the lottery in that regard already happens.

Also you not flaming, good comments/questions.

12 hours ago, tsmhicks said:

Not talking about scavs.

• Like 1
AdhesiveTeflon
10 hours ago, African_Plz said:

Re-equipping armor for the armor bug that hasn't been fixed in over a year.

LoginTaken
Just now, AdhesiveTeflon said:

Re-equipping armor for the armor bug that hasn't been fixed in over a year.

New issue with your loaded magazine being empty. If you enter your hideout and go to the shooting range, even if you don't shoot, upon entering the next raid your magazine will be empty. Has happened several times to me now.

There are a lot of reason to check your inventory upon joining a match as a PMC.

After all the game is still very buggy.

15 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

with a better sight-line.

Murphy’s Laws of Combat

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

p.s

If you don't see deployment timer countdown when you spawn - means you spawned late. :) Usually happens when you "Synchronize with other players" for too long.

Edited by sYs
LoginTaken
22 hours ago, sYs said:

p.s

If you don't see deployment timer countdown when you spawn - means you spawned late. :) Usually happens when you "Synchronize with other players" for too long.

No poo captain obvious.

As I have mentioned several times now.

I am NOT talking about LATE SPAWNS !!!!

Also what is with people posting things  from the real world to rationalize POOR/UNREALISTIC game mechanics  ?

That quote has nothing to do with the topic.