African_Plz

Extract Camping Should be Bannable

African_Plz

Extract camping is a disgusting, game ruining playstyle that I believe should be a bankable offense. It ruins games for players, it shows a lack of skill and most importantly why even bother getting all my loot that I worked hard for if you are only going to bring a scoped now in you renamed to be called "Mosin - Extract Camper" and 17 extra 7N1 rounds? Like come on players work so hard, and ah through crazy fights, wedding up their characters, risking everything to loot the bodies JUST TO BE KILLED WHILE WAITING TO LEAVE LIKE HOW SCUMMY IS THAT!/!!! I propose a modified version of "three strikes and your out" called "your out". Basically if a player kills another player while they are extracting (have the countdown visibly on their screen) they should be banned for at least 2 weeks or so. Personally I'd push for permanent ban but I know a few people would probably not like that.  We can't keep encouraging this despicable behavior, ruining games of thousands. I am so over this camping epidemic. Today I have been camped twice and lost my ak74u and the shotguns in my bag the first time but luckily I was prepared the second time and I managed to run away before he killed me. Regardless, this is a revolting play style and I think players who default to this in order to compensate for their garbage game sense and aim abilities should be banned for doing it. 

Please leave your thoughts on how long you think the ban should be. 

Sincerely,

AfricanPlz

• Like 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 15

Brenil

Your rage has robbed you of the ability to properly construct an argument or coherent sentences.

Camping is just a part of the game, extraction camping even more so.  The only reasonable solution to this problem is to add more extraction points for PMCs on certain maps (mostly Interchange).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

GhostZ69
3 minutes ago, Brenil said:

Your rage has robbed you of the ability to properly construct an argument or coherent sentences.

Camping is just a part of the game, extraction camping even more so.  The only reasonable solution to this problem is to add more extraction points for PMCs on certain maps (mostly Interchange).

Every group of PMC's should have a different extract.  It honestly is not that hard to make ~15-20 extracts per map.  Everything in the game needs to be more randomized.  Loot, spawns, extracts, scav's, everything.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

African_Plz
56 minutes ago, Brenil said:

Firstly, please point out the incoherent sentence for me. Second, sounds like something somebody who extract camps would say :/

• Sad 1

tccshiro

It's difficult to moderate something like exit camping, it could be coincidence that the player was near extract or on his way to extract when he spotted you. There's certain instances when I was on my way to Emercon extract on Interchange where you follow the blue wall and seen some players running in the far left bank at the same time.

I find it's actually a pretty rare occurrence to find players devoted to camping an extract, and if you do happen to find a player doing that your ability to scout the area shouldn't just turn off when you leave the main fight. It's a hardcore FPS, just because you leave the center of battle doesn't mean you're safe. 

Stay on your toes, be ready for a fight at any given time and trust your gut to check spots where you've seen them before. It's all a learning experience for your next raid :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

African_Plz
8 minutes ago, tccshiro said:

It's difficult to moderate something like exit camping, it could be coincidence that the player was near extract or on his way to extract when he spotted you. There's certain instances when I was on my way to Emercon extract on Interchange where you follow the blue wall and seen some players running in the far left bank at the same time.

I find it's actually a pretty rare occurrence to find players devoted to camping an extract, and if you do happen to find a player doing that your ability to scout the area shouldn't just turn off when you leave the main fight. It's a hardcore FPS, just because you leave the center of battle doesn't mean you're safe. 

Stay on your toes, be ready for a fight at any given time and trust your gut to check spots where you've seen them before. It's all a learning experience for your next raid :) 

I appreciate your enthusiasm, however being ready for a fight at extract is useless when you get sniped from a roof 300m away... I should have clarified what I meant, I'm not particularly talking about some lvl 12 with a shotgun and scav bp waiting at an extract, more players with big rifles relatively far away from open extracts such as the Emercon at interchange. You can't peek them therefore you can't extract :/

Edited by African_Plz

tccshiro
2 minutes ago, African_Plz said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, however being ready for a fight at extract is useless when you get sniped from a roof 300m away... I should have studied what I meant, I'm not particularly talking about some lvl 12 with a shotgun and scav no waiting at an extract, more players with big rifles relatively far away from open extracts such as the Emercon at interchange. You can't peek them therefore you can't extract :/

To find a player that has a weapon that can kill at 150-300m+ camping an extract is quite rare. I've been playing this game for quite some time and am currently level 52, without seeing or experiencing anyone shooting me with something like that. Distance shooting from anything over 200m+ takes some practice, and people who are able to accurately fire those shots have better things to do than camping.

End of the day, it's really shitty that you got killed in a scenario like that, it's just difficult for me to understand because it hasn't happened to me after 2 years of playing (to that degree). I doubt BSG will make it so players will get banned for extract camping, so it's in your best interest to learn those camping spots and shooting them first :). If that doesn't work, bring smokes and cover your entry. 🤭

African_Plz
38 minutes ago, tccshiro said:

To find a player that has a weapon that can kill at 150-300m+ camping an extract is quite rare. I've been playing this game for quite some time and am currently level 52, without seeing or experiencing anyone shooting me with something like that. Distance shooting from anything over 200m+ takes some practice, and people who are able to accurately fire those shots have better things to do than camping.

End of the day, it's really shitty that you got killed in a scenario like that, it's just difficult for me to understand because it hasn't happened to me after 2 years of playing (to that degree). I doubt BSG will make it so players will get banned for extract camping, so it's in your best interest to learn those camping spots and shooting them first :). If that doesn't work, bring smokes and cover your entry. 🤭

Thanks for your ideas, but honestly I'm starting to think if you can't beat em join em. Emerson and that one on woods with the long straight road are typically the worst, I've been camped there by snipers multiple times each. I'm just over it. 

Edited by African_Plz

Jamba

Personally I am getting sick and tired of exit campers, every single time I go to kill people near those tents on interchange where the green timer comes up, I always get dropped like a sack of potatoes. Why on earth are they near the extract when I am trying to kill people?! Talk about L.O.S.E.R.S 

African_Plz
10 minutes ago, Kthelmir said:

Oh its very bankable.

Sorry buddy i typed that post on my phone on the way home from work (Something you are evidently not familiar with)

That is why there are stupid mistakes like that.

But you (and i) are also correct, it is very bankable

Malevolent1
8 hours ago, African_Plz said:

Extract camping is a disgusting, game ruining playstyle that I believe should be a bankable offense. It ruins games for players, it shows a lack of skill and most importantly why even bother getting all my loot that I worked hard for if you are only going to bring a scoped now in you renamed to be called "Mosin - Extract Camper" and 17 extra 7N1 rounds? Like come on players work so hard, and ah through crazy fights, wedding up their characters, risking everything to loot the bodies JUST TO BE KILLED WHILE WAITING TO LEAVE LIKE HOW SCUMMY IS THAT!/!!! I propose a modified version of "three strikes and your out" called "your out". Basically if a player kills another player while they are extracting (have the countdown visibly on their screen) they should be banned for at least 2 weeks or so. Personally I'd push for permanent ban but I know a few people would probably not like that.  We can't keep encouraging this despicable behavior, ruining games of thousands. I am so over this camping epidemic. Today I have been camped twice and lost my ak74u and the shotguns in my bag the first time but luckily I was prepared the second time and I managed to run away before he killed me. Regardless, this is a revolting play style and I think players who default to this in order to compensate for their garbage game sense and aim abilities should be banned for doing it. 

Please leave your thoughts on how long you think the ban should be. 

Sincerely,

AfricanPlz

As much as I would like to agree with you, I just cannot. Extract camping is absolutely a pain in the ass and it does ruin the game, I agree with that. The one thing I can tell you.... play slower. Go much, much, much slower. Continually complaining about it only encourages it more sadly. 

A suggestion to extract camping which has been pushed out there, is that after a certain duration of time a flare should go off illuminating an area where a known extract camper has been sitting for more than 5 or 10 minutes. This would be a great idea, as it would encourage people to actually play the game and loot.

None the less, I can't agree with you on it being a bannable offense. It should warrant the review of randomization of spawn points and extract points for the devs so they can look into ways to balance extractions and allow players to extract at more than 2 extracts. I'm pretty sure that is on their development list as something they're getting to and working on getting taken care of.... but until then... gotta hang tight and roll with the punches my guy.

Just play a lot slower, and be a lot more careful. Only suggestion I can really give. I get 1-tapped all the time running to an extract and since it happens often, I've started playing slower. Now that doesn't mean it doesn't happen still because it does... but it happens less often when I play a lot slower and I stay in raid until there's roughly 9-10 minutes left... You'd be surprised at how many people get out ASAP rather than wait until it's far later in the game... got a couple kills near an extract once because someone was thinking they were fine and they started spamming their Y key for mumble and I heard them and blasted em. Got some really good weapons and cash out of it.

Edited by Malevolent1
spelling errors
  • Like 1

African_Plz
5 minutes ago, Malevolent1 said:

As much as I would like to agree with you, I just cannot. Extract camping is absolutely a pain in the ass and it does ruin the game, I agree with that. The one thing I can tell you.... play slower. Go much, much, much slower. Continually complaining about it only encourages it more sadly. 

A suggestion to extract camping which has been pushed out there, is that after a certain duration of time a flare should go off illuminating an area where a known extract camper has been sitting for more than 5 or 10 minutes. This would be a great idea, as it would encourage people to actually play the game and loot.

None the less, I can't agree with you on it being a bannable offense. It should warrant the review of randomization of spawn points and extract points for the devs so they can look into ways to balance extractions and allow players to extract at more than 2 extracts. I'm pretty sure they is on their development list as something they're getting to and working on getting taken care of.... but until then... gotta hang tight and roll with the punches my guy.

Just play a lot slower, and be a lot more careful. Only suggestion I can really give. I get 1-tapped all the time running to an extract and since it happens often, I've started playing slower. Now that doesn't mean it doesn't happen still because it does... but it happens less often when I play a lot slower and I stay in raid until there's roughly 9-10 minutes left... You'd be surprised at how many people get out ASAP rather than wait until it's far later in the game... got a couple kills near an extract once because someone was thinking they were fine and they started spamming their Y key for mumble and I heard them and blasted em. Got some really good weapons and cash out of it.

I will try thank you for the ideas.

Phoenixsui

I would really like to see a video of how all the lately reported exit campers killed them.

I am playing since Alpha and reach 500-1000 raids every wipe. And i got maybe exitcamped 2 times. The rest was me announcing myself near extract or bad timing with others who want to extract.

The right thing to do as newer players, from which those complaints usually come is to ask yourself if there was a saver way to extract. In Tarkov you need to consider many things to be successful. A new player can’t know these things but he can learn them if he is willing to do selfcritics. Experienced players will have a good situational awareness of what’s happening on a map. They can also pretend if someone will soon extract. Especially if the enemy doesn’t use supressors.

Please post a video of it happening next time and maybe the more experienced players will know some good tips.

• Like 2

JedsteR92

I can see why you are angry, but for me extract camping is the same camping as any other, it's just more predictable. If someone want to do absolutely nothing instead of playing the game, that's fine by me and it doesn't really matter if it's at the extract or middle of the map. Can you imagine how boring it would become without the thrill and uncertainty? 

If I die to a camper, only I am to blame, but ppl get so entitled lately and demand changes cos some ppl don't play the game as they would like. It's pathetic but nothing new. 

African_Plz
21 minutes ago, Phoenixsui said:

I would really like to see a video of how all the lately reported exit campers killed them.

I am playing since Alpha and reach 500-1000 raids every wipe. And i got maybe exitcamped 2 times. The rest was me announcing myself near extract or bad timing with others who want to extract.

The right thing to do as newer players, from which those complaints usually come is to ask yourself if there was a saver way to extract. In Tarkov you need to consider many things to be successful. A new player can’t know these things but he can learn them if he is willing to do selfcritics. Experienced players will have a good situational awareness of what’s happening on a map. They can also pretend if someone will soon extract. Especially if the enemy doesn’t use supressors.

Please post a video of it happening next time and maybe the more experienced players will know some good tips.

I am particularly talking about Interchange here, there is only really 1 extract you can go to each run. I am not a new player, i know where i get spawn camped from, it is just not possible to peek them if they know what they are doing. If they dont know what they are doing the odds of them actually hitting me with the mosin is low to none anyway. I am working on a video and will post it soon, ill make sure to tag you in it.

Xarc

They will never ban so called "extract campers" and they should not be restricted in any way. All they can do is to tweak the number of the extractions or how they behave(about the ??????? extractions).

Wiskimike

I dont understand why everyone complaines about it. i mean - if you know the map you also know where those guys can sit and more important how you can avoid or kill them!

on Interchange emercon exit i often see people running straight down that ramp directly over the open field. You can do it better. Dont be victims. Start to think. 

and yes: on emercon it was quite easy to get those 3 over 100m headshots - because most people dont usw their brain and start to complain about others...

but i dont know how some people enjoy it, sitting there for a hour and do nothing. But everyone can play tarkov as he wants. There‘s allways a way to beat them. 
but what really sucks is, when some people manage it to get on some points where you only can go if you use some tricks or glitches etc. Like on shoreline tunnel extract, where someone was sitting in the mountains. We tryed to reach that point the raid after and it wasnt possible. 

Edited by Wiskimike

swats73

What you call camping, others would call Ambushing. Although a play style I am not fond of is none the less a valid tactic and is used all round the world. I don't see this changing and in my experience it is rare to happen to myself or team I play with.

Swats73

• Like 1

Kalista

Only real map that has big issues with extract camping is Interchange. I've been playing a long time now and I maybe got extract camped twice. I also play most of my games to the last minutes as that's the pace I enjoy. I believe "Reserve Style" extractions are in the works for Interchange iirc. Which may aid in the extract camping situation. But as someone else said; people who are sniping 200+ meters away aren't doing it on Interchange. I do that on Reserve as its one of the most fun "sniper friendly" maps on the game right now. (and not observatory thermal b.s) thats to easy lol. 

African_Plz
3 minutes ago, Kalista said:

Only real map that has big issues with extract camping is Interchange. I've been playing a long time now and I maybe got extract camped twice. I also play most of my games to the last minutes as that's the pace I enjoy. I believe "Reserve Style" extractions are in the works for Interchange iirc. Which may aid in the extract camping situation. But as someone else said; people who are sniping 200+ meters away aren't doing it on Interchange. I do that on Reserve as its one of the most fun "sniper friendly" maps on the game right now. (and not observatory thermal b.s) thats to easy lol. 

You extract camp? You are part of the problem then.

African_Plz
Just now, Kthelmir said:

No he is not! There is no problem!!!

😂😂😂😂v😂

Kalista

Oh; I didn't realize I was speaking to an infant; my bad. No in none of my post did i mention extract camping. I play in a 4 man squad and my team mates are "chads" who are geared to the teeth and I provide visual updates and support while they control areas and loot. Occasionally I engage people at long ranges. Suffice it to say you're not going to listen to ANYONE on this post and it might as well be locked.

Edited by Kalista
  • Upvote 1

African_Plz

Overwatch, very cool, i did that once on reserve but from a sniper tower,  not at an extract, like some people. You are a rat playing with chads? I am listening and replying to most people on this post 😃

Edited by African_Plz

Yeavo

Personally I've felt only a slight increase in extract camping in interchange. But factory extract gate 3 has and still is a ducking problem. I've learned to live with it and I sure as hell ain't investing into a limited use key just to access additional extracts even if it is 50 uses when I can invest into few 'nades. But I sympathize with new and low level/skilled players. Extract camping shouldn't be considered a viable tactic. Its lazy and low effort high reward tactic that should be made away with by the devs.

Ambushing should be about outwitting you're opponents. Extract camping isn't about outwitting anyone. Everybody knows you're in there but mostly just lack the tools to deal with your pathetic greedy ass. Your not smart. You're just a insufferable C.U.N.T.

Edited by Yeavo

EpicJune

No weight to what I say probably as i'm new, but a ban seems much.

It's the nature of PVP games tbh and i think it was their plan to make it so even if you're done, you still need to defend yourself to the very last second.  But no love for the group of 4 geared people getting off on Pile driving a new player at their first extract, that's jut straight up scumbaggery or those who wait till the last 10 seconds and kill you, meaning no one gets the loot.

Maybe the should obscure the view a bit more by the exit? So people can't snipe from a distant, but feel they kind covered that with some extracts being underground or in rooms, etc.

Sad to say, but I think it's a "Deal with it" scenario imho