Sign in to follow this  
schneider1988

players labeled as marked and cursed

schneider1988

Couldnt actually believe this untill i tested it in both offline and online servers. Logged into customs with just a hatchet, scavs full out sprinted to my location with no noise made, tried a second round with just a pistol come to find out same thing happened but i spawned at the top of the hill near the railroad exfil and a group of 7 scavs all run right to me from down at gas station all flipped me off and killed me. So heres where the developer leaves their community: you feel the raid times are not long enough? well good news! they lowered it to 25 minutes, you lost all your gear due to god like twitchy keyboard warriors hopped up on mountain dew and full geared players? Even more good news you cant even run just a pistol or a hatchet to try and recoup. You actually wanna play the game you purchased for near to 100 dollars? Best news the servers will be down for 5 days a week starting from 5pm onwards, que times of 5 to 15 minutes at least , and then when you connect to a game your gonna get disconnected to wait between 2 and 4 minutes to reconnect, then your gonna shoot someone have no response from them and suddenly your guys gonna start grunting and taking damage as you lose body parts with no gun shots or nobody remotely near you  (to ghosts apparantly). This is a very sad state of the game and a piss poor move by the devs, all these issues make the game not only horrid but an unpleasant experience overall

• Confused 1

Tilran

Wow...none of what you just said has any substance I'm afraid....you are just crying without any suggestions to help.  Yes the servers are unable to handle the load....they mentioned many times they were expecting 10-20k simultaneous players, instead they have 100k+.  They are trying to upgrade servers without going overboard in case people leave the game and they have wasted hardware...it is a hard balance to tweak.

In terms of "twitchy keyboard warriors" beating you....why are you complaining? because people are better than you at this game?  That's going to happen in every game...someone is always better.

Cursed and marked because of hatchet.....you are not supposed to go in naked...that is basically cheating.  Go in with at least a pistol and you'll be fine.

No one forced you to buy the 100$ pack...you did it to support the devs....now let them work on the BETA product until release.  if there are still a shitload of bugs on release...then you are free to complain.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Upvote 1

Malevolent1
20 minutes ago, Tilran said:

Wow...none of what you just said has any substance I'm afraid....you are just crying without any suggestions to help.  Yes the servers are unable to handle the load....they mentioned many times they were expecting 10-20k simultaneous players, instead they have 100k+.  They are trying to upgrade servers without going overboard in case people leave the game and they have wasted hardware...it is a hard balance to tweak.

In terms of "twitchy keyboard warriors" beating you....why are you complaining? because people are better than you at this game?  That's going to happen in every game...someone is always better.

Cursed and marked because of hatchet.....you are not supposed to go in naked...that is basically cheating.  Go in with at least a pistol and you'll be fine.

No one forced you to buy the 100$ pack...you did it to support the devs....now let them work on the BETA product until release.  if there are still a shitload of bugs on release...then you are free to complain.

I'm in agreement with this statement to a degree...

He's free to complain as it is now. We all paid to help produce this game and alpha/beta test it. There is a point he has to a little bit of it. The server issues compiled with the lack of optimization and other issues are pretty perturbing so to speak.

Now, I actively make suggestions and report bugs as they come up. I'm aware the game is in beta, so I try not to whine too much about things, but there are some points where you have to realize the squeaky wheel gets the oil and let it be known its a perpetual issue. His post is definitely not informative or helpful, but he does have some legitimate gripes in here that all of us are in agreement with.

It is what it is, but we have to actively make complaints to be heard and have things fixed. The server issues have been addressed numerous times though and the devs are working on that. The matching times aren't all due to servers, but rather the poor optimization for matchmaking at this time. Things will balance out as the development process continues.

Frank_Bumstead

I thought only hatchlings were marked as cursed.  I have done runs with pistols and not had scavs treat me any different from other players.  

I agree making the raid times shorter is terrible and leads to camping.  I also wonder how much of that is the server overload.  Hopefully they go back to the old server times.

As for dealing with the twitchy good players.... if your not geared or up to fighting them act like a rat and just lay low until they pass.  Then go pick the left overs.  

wurf
On 2/13/2020 at 8:16 PM, Frank_Bumstead said:

I thought only hatchlings were marked as cursed.  I have done runs with pistols and not had scavs treat me any different from other players.  

you need atleast 1 extra mag with pistol runs. if you dont have extra mags you will be tagged and cursed.
and ofc you have to have ammo in the mags.

• Upvote 1

xili84

I just did a pistol run and I was completely fine. I did also have a backpack and headphones tho. Maybe you need a very minimum amount of budget at risk. my kit was about 45k, so Im just guessing here that it may require 25k minimum, just throwing a number out there. But just having a pistol does NOT trigger cursed.

edit:

51 minutes ago, wurf said:

you need atleast 1 extra mag with pistol runs. if you dont have extra mags you will be tagged and cursed.
and ofc you have to have ammo in the mags.

I did also have 2 extra mags with bullets. so this could also be true.

Edited by xili84

DarrkDucky

Okay I've read this once before but only skimmed and figured "yeah everyone and their mom is gonna correct this guy" then I read "...twitchy keyboard warriors hopped up on mountain dew..." and "...que times of 5 to 15 minutes at least...".  First off they dont drink mountain dew anymore... its BANG cuz that poo is DELICIOUS and offers like 3x the caffeine. also you've never been good enough at a game to where you have to wait 40+ minutes to get into a match with people your skill level (like CSGO or LoL) so calm down and watch some Kotton (love that man) while you wait 7 minutes to miss an entire 100 round mag at a scav standing still hehe (love you devs ❤️❤️ )

AllenJ3
Posted (edited)
On 2/12/2020 at 6:29 PM, schneider1988 said:

Couldnt actually believe this untill i tested it in both offline and online servers. Logged into customs with just a hatchet, scavs full out sprinted to my location with no noise made, tried a second round with just a pistol come to find out same thing happened but i spawned at the top of the hill near the railroad exfil and a group of 7 scavs all run right to me from down at gas station all flipped me off and killed me. So heres where the developer leaves their community: you feel the raid times are not long enough? well good news! they lowered it to 25 minutes, you lost all your gear due to god like twitchy keyboard warriors hopped up on mountain dew and full geared players? Even more good news you cant even run just a pistol or a hatchet to try and recoup. You actually wanna play the game you purchased for near to 100 dollars? Best news the servers will be down for 5 days a week starting from 5pm onwards, que times of 5 to 15 minutes at least , and then when you connect to a game your gonna get disconnected to wait between 2 and 4 minutes to reconnect, then your gonna shoot someone have no response from them and suddenly your guys gonna start grunting and taking damage as you lose body parts with no gun shots or nobody remotely near you  (to ghosts apparantly). This is a very sad state of the game and a piss poor move by the devs, all these issues make the game not only horrid but an unpleasant experience overall

You are literally the problem. Shut the duck up crybag. Not even joking.

Edited by AllenJ3

RainmakerM4

Because of people like this cheat developers get revenue. 

Solid tip: if you SUCK HARD and you are not willing to improve but imstead try to change the game to be very SUCKY and easy.

Dude, if tarkov is too hard for you take some tissues wipe them tears and go and play some easy game in the ocean of easy games.

TechoverMana

Not saying it's ideal, or even think this is right, but I will say I think tagged and cursed is a really, really dumb way to try to handle hatchlings. Beyond being completely unrealistic since scavs suddenly get psychic powers and the Metal Gear Soliton Radar system as long as you come in without enough gear, but it also makes it very easy to farm scavs in groups, because you just have one guy come in naked, the other 2-4 guys geared up will take them out easy peasy and then just load up and waltz out, along with some nice new stuff for naked boy, defeating the purpose of it in the first place. It's even fairly exploitable if you know what you're doing, know how to play around corners and such. You can just come in with a pistol, work the corners, pop the aggroed scavs, and grab that gear. In a lot of ways, it just makes it so now the loot comes to the hatchling. At least before they had to run to get to a scav first and sneak around or something. It's not a good system IMO.

Xarc

@TechoverMana The system (tagged and cursed) is a trolling one and exploitable.

TechoverMana
1 minute ago, Xarc said:

@TechoverMana The system (tagged and cursed) is a trolling one and exploitable.

Yes, agreed, and that's why I don't think it's a good system and hopefully is only a very temporary thing and it should go sooner than later because I personally think it's being more exploited than it's proposed purpose of curtailing hatchlings, who are already in a sort of exploit as is. At least the damage carry over system means they have to pay up when they die, but this just brings the gear to them.

RemedySeven
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

Not saying it's ideal, or even think this is right, but I will say I think tagged and cursed is a really, really dumb way to try to handle hatchlings. Beyond being completely unrealistic since scavs suddenly get psychic powers and the Metal Gear Soliton Radar system as long as you come in without enough gear, but it also makes it very easy to farm scavs in groups, because you just have one guy come in naked, the other 2-4 guys geared up will take them out easy peasy and then just load up and waltz out, along with some nice new stuff for naked boy, defeating the purpose of it in the first place. It's even fairly exploitable if you know what you're doing, know how to play around corners and such. You can just come in with a pistol, work the corners, pop the aggroed scavs, and grab that gear. In a lot of ways, it just makes it so now the loot comes to the hatchling. At least before they had to run to get to a scav first and sneak around or something. It's not a good system IMO.

Is it realistic that you would enter a "war zone" with nothing but a hatchet knowing everyone else has rifles?

Edited by RemedySeven

BanditMaka
On 2/20/2020 at 2:34 PM, xili84 said:

I just did a pistol run and I was completely fine. I did also have a backpack and headphones tho. Maybe you need a very minimum amount of budget at risk. my kit was about 45k, so Im just guessing here that it may require 25k minimum, just throwing a number out there. But just having a pistol does NOT trigger cursed.

edit:

I did also have 2 extra mags with bullets. so this could also be true.

It's a mixture of items, some streamers did tests.

Rig, back pack, headset, no gun should be fine. Pistol, 2 mags is fine. There are lots of combos that work.

BrettB

So is this why some raids there are way less scavs around? because they have all run over to hatchling spawn?

TechoverMana
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RemedySeven said:

Is it realistic that you would enter a "war zone" with nothing but a hatchet knowing everyone else has rifles?

No, but there's degrees of unrealistic, and I'd find scavs developing psychic powers to know where the one hatchling is more far fetched than the hatchling himself. Psychic powers, in brain radar hack, rage virus, whatever explanation you can give to every scav in the map instantly and magically know where someone is and having an uncontrollable need kill them over any other threat that exists to them, even putting their own lives at risk to do so,  is going to be far, far less plausible than finding someone on the battlefield with just the clothes on his back and a knife, attempting to get something quick and get out before anyone notices or sees him.

Edited by TechoverMana

RemedySeven
1 hour ago, TechoverMana said:

No, but there's degrees of unrealistic, and I'd find scavs developing psychic powers to know where the one hatchling is more far fetched than the hatchling himself. Psychic powers, in brain radar hack, rage virus, whatever explanation you can give to every scav in the map instantly and magically know where someone is and having an uncontrollable need kill them over any other threat that exists to them, even putting their own lives at risk to do so,  is going to be far, far less plausible than finding someone on the battlefield with just the clothes on his back and a knife, attempting to get something quick and get out before anyone notices or sees him.

What about locking the secure container in those scenarios where a player would be marked and cursed? Go in as a hatching all you want, but your secure container will be grayed out.

TechoverMana
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, RemedySeven said:

What about locking the secure container in those scenarios where a player would be marked and cursed? Go in as a hatching all you want, but your secure container will be grayed out.

I mean, besides the weirdness of the secure container itself (already pretty problematic in terms of realism, which is an entirely different rabbit hole), but supposing someone did have a secure container, and was familiar enough to use it, why wouldn't they be able to open it? They don't know how to unlock their own equipment? 
I've always thought the problem of hatchlings is generally overblown, and too much time and effort is put into attempting to curb them personally, and it's ending up being a case of the cure being worse than the disease as far as the solutions have been. Out of all of them, I suppose the FIR stuff has been to me the least offensive, where if they can't survive then it massively cuts into their profit by not allowing it to be put on the flea market. 

If it were up to me I'd just put more scavs or scav bosses specifically around high loot rooms. Marked room just has 1-2 scavs or Rashala more likely to hang out around it when he spawns in dorms, where it'd be very hard for a hatchling to get it without getting caught and shot up, high loot rooms in resort need more scavs roaming the hallways, ect, scavs hanging out between techlight and Ultra medical or even new Killa spawn there, ect.

Edited by TechoverMana

RemedySeven
2 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

I mean, besides the weirdness of the secure container itself (already pretty problematic in terms of realism, which is an entirely different rabbit hole), but supposing someone did have a secure container, and was familiar enough to use it, why wouldn't they be able to open it? They don't know how to unlock their own equipment? 
I've always thought the problem of hatchlings is generally overblown, and too much time and effort is put into attempting to curb them personally, and it's ending up being a case of the cure being worse than the disease as far as the solutions have been. Out of all of them, I suppose the FIR stuff has been to me the least offensive, where if they can't survive then it massively cuts into their profit by not allowing it to be put on the flea market. 

If it were up to me I'd just put more scavs or scav bosses specifically around high loot rooms. Marked room just has 1-2 scavs or Rashala more likely to hang out around it when he spawns in dorms, where it'd be very hard for a hatchling to get it without getting caught and shot up, high loot rooms in resort need more scavs roaming the hallways, ect, scavs hanging out between techlight and Ultra medical or even new Killa spawn there, ect.

At the end of the day it is a game, something has to give. It can't be a 1:1 experience of real life, it doesn't work

TechoverMana
2 hours ago, RemedySeven said:

It can't be a 1:1 experience of real life, it doesn't work

Obviously, there's limits to the peripherals, hardware and software capabilities. We can't actually put a hole in you for a true 1:1 experience or at this point provide full body haptic feedback for everything, stimulate to simulate the smells and textures of things. There's also points for simplification as well. We don't need to simulate chemical reactions for gunpowder and such to adequately simulate ballistics and projectile motion and stuff for the game.

However, for crafting a realistic game, the concept should be how to do it as best as possible with regard for these limitations in mind, especially when it comes to terms of the actual in raid/in game physics and mechanics, and the introduction of mechanics or features that don't even have a passing basis in reality should be reconsidered. Obvious stuff comes to mind like the surgical kits that make your torn apart flesh work again in 30 seconds, restoring HP stuff, painkillers allowing you to walk on two broken legs, how overly protective helmets and face shields are, the mess that is ballistics and trying to balance around metas and stuff. Stuff that'd be considered an acceptable break would be the very minor, background stuff like the fact the game doesn't insta lock and hardware ban you if you die once to simulate a true permadeath. Whatever the healing system is, it's unlikely to take possibly months or years of time and rehabilitation to recover from any significant injury or gunshot, assuming the injuries are not permanent to begin with. The entire purpose of the game to loot and accumulate is not exactly realistic either, you don't need days or weeks to recover from the intense physical effort that'd put a huge strain on your body even if you weren't touched during the raid, it goes on. I'd say the existence of the secure container in the context of the gameplay loop is right on the edge, and I'm often of two minds about it.

So while it can't be 100% realistic, it doesn't mean everything goes out the window either, just because we aren't going to hardware ban to simulate permadeath doesn't mean we should also allow flying unicorns, dragons and laser weapons in the game, there are things that go too far. And I think the tagged and cursed thing, even right in the title of mentioning curses (magic) obviously just really breaks the realism element, much more so than the hatchlings were, and that just having scavs that hang around high loot areas is far less egregious of a violation, if at all.

chrisragnar

I mean not everyone seems to have these majoty issues you describe. I can se distant players lag a little sometimes when I'm watching in a scope, and start of game can be a bit choppy for a few sec sometimes. But I'm rarely disconnected or killed by lag. 

And why should they cater to the hachet playstyle if it's not the intended way to play? I mean even if you die almost every raid as PMC you should still be able to make money as a ascav. I'm not a great player, get mowed down pretty often. But I'm still banking plenty of money and equipment. If you seriously can't make enough money to spawn in with an sks and basic gear at least, maby you need to rethink your playstyle.

beddamischia

Tagged and cursed is super funny, I experienced that at times when I would come naked into raid because my buddy was bringing my stuff back from the raid before.. once this buddy of mine wanted to surprise me and as soon as we were in raid he throwed a SICC on the floor before giving  me my armor and weapon: 5 seconds pass by, I am about to put the SICC IN my full gamma and a super ducking scav enters our spawn room by literally translating himself through the closed door, and starts blackaning limbs right away. I screamed like 6yo girl. Very funny.