Offline mode

Offline mode  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a offline mode?

• Yes a seperate offline mode would be great
    • No this game doesnt need a seperate offline mode

furzgrind9

Helle there

I really like EFT. But i am a bit concerned about the idea that someday the playerbase will be gone. Are there any plans to go for a offline mode?
Like a seperate part of a game that runs offline with all the great parts from the game. Where you can have a  character and customize your gear etc. 

My idea of this would be like this: You create an entire new character in a seperate game mode. This character can not play in any online modes. But the game works exactly the same. You choose a map and try to survive on it and get your loot. Maybe there is a possibility to do a fleemarket for offline characters. I think that would be really fun.

I think the game would really profit from a sort of offline mode. What do you think about it?

colin2611

you do know you can  do offline raids?

As practice for online?

furzgrind9
vor 1 Minute schrieb colin2611:

you do know you can  do offline raids?

As practice for online?

Yes but thats not the same. You get no progress from it, neither can you keep the loot. Its good for getting known to the maps. But thats not what i mean. I talk about the game beeing playble offline in its full state. Like lvling up your character etc. 

its just there isnt another game like tarkov. So it would be really cool if people can enjoy its content offline.

colin2611

A single player version of this game wont happen anytime soon infact the game will be outdated and dead before it does.

Games are mostly online orientated now thats just the way it is. 

ShiroTenshi

It has already been confirmed there will be no offline mode where you get to save progression. It's not part of the Vision for EFT and it will not be added.

• Upvote 1

Darksys0815

The only issue with the actual offline mode is: its not offline. Why? i need to login ONLINE. Now the funny Part: i remeber a message while i first start the game > "you can play offline if servers down"....hahah...no i cant, because if servers down in 99,9% the login servers (if exist) also down. so we could do nothing. no online, no offline, nothing.

Edited by Darksys0815

MoxMisanthrope

EFT is just one of those games that require an active net conn in order to play it. Meh. Many games are that way these days.

Grimm285

This is an online pvp game. end of story

SalinasMontif

I like to compare this game to Eve online, only as an FPS combat game. You die, you lose your stuff. You can take out a noob ship in the form of a scab, or bling it up with your main character, and hope for the best. Work as a team with other people, or go solo. So that is a real appeal. Haven't played long enough to see if they have corporation mechanics, but you can team up with people anyway, and use discord or team speak to work a map. 

Offline mode is a misnomer, in that you need the server to load the loot, and if you want to drop in scavs, to practice combat. Offline mode is best for practicing the maps. It is a great feature that allows you to learn the map, and get used to moving around without a compass. First couple times I played, it was not good just getting used to figuring out what direction I was heading in, let alone where I was. Also with the added features of adding bosses, and setting it up for cursed mode, it is a great way to hone skills in playing the game before actually playing the game. Being that you lose your stuff when you are killed, it can be frustrating if you die for being a noob. But that is also the charm of the game as well. It forces you to be good at it. Or at least lucky. 

My only complaint is that offline mode is buried in a couple screens. Be nice if it was up front, so players can select the mode prior to selecting a map. But other than that, it is a great idea in keeping with the way the overall game is laid out.