So... about the anti-cheat.

Vindsvept

When is BSG gonna actually focus on the anti-cheat? While BattleEye is well known for it's major flaws, apparently they have their own anti-cheat installed. With the huge influx of new players and the major dropouts of the servers, from the bit of time that I can actually play I have to deal with people who are clearly cheating.

Before the influx you had shady players at the very least that made you think 'could be lag, could be desync'.

But now I am coming across people who shoot through walls, teleport and refuse to die when I get the drop on them with a headshot. I understand that BSG has enough on it's plate, mainly because they didn't prepare well enough for the influx, aside from bug-fixing, very, very crappy servers and the support requests. But the cheaters are the main issue for me.
Just by simply looking it up on google, you got 5 pages of websites offering cheats and whatnot either for free or for money, that clearly shows how rubbish the anti-cheat is.

Veterans won't be cheating quickly and I respect the fact that I got outgunned or outplayed, hell I don't even mind losing my gear to them after a good firefight, but I will not tolerate having my fun ruined because some kind of asshat can get his hands on easy to use cheats, scripts, whatever you would call them.

I have been playing for well over 2 years now and it's worse then ever. BSG, step up your game, because you will lose the people who made the inital start of your development possible by backing early.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8
Frank_Bumstead

Everyones experience is different but prior to battle eye I remember cheating being way worse.  Battle eye may have flaws but it is still one of the best anti cheats.  I have only experienced one idividual teleporting but I am pretty sure that was the server as he reacted to me shooting at him by trying to serpentine and run away without returning fire.  It was just very frustrating not being able to hit him.  

Shooting through walls could be they have comtacs and those things let you hear anything a mile away.  As far as people not dying from damage the only thing I can think of is lag or dysnc.  I have not heard of many cheats that let you not die.  Woods was the prefered hacker map because you could fly up and there was not much cover.  The only way players could shoot through walls, as in shoot through insane amounts of the map would be if penetration was determined client side, which I do not think it is.  The division had that problem with players shooting through buildings and doing more damage than they should.  

Now if they are teleporting massive distances then year its safe to say thats pretty suspect.  Prior to battle eye you would have players teleporting and floating in the sky.  But if you shoot them they did die. 

• Sad 2

I'd refer to the stickied post about reporting cheaters. You can see cheating has become worse with the influx. Shooting through concrete walls in Dorms cannot be done with no ammo whatsoever. I can call quite a proper amount of moments where I was being killed by a cheater because people who do cheat aren't even trying to hide it as can be seen in that post. I'm not gonna bother any further to reply to your response, because judging by what you've written, you clearly do not know what you're talking about.

Yeah its true, game just gets flooded right now with cheaters, me and my squad got killed just in the last days so many times by obvious cheaters. Its just not fun anymore. 

I ran into my first case of cheating today that I can for sure say it was cheating. I was on reserve as a SCAV. Got into one of the buildings by the helicopter. Was in a bathroom tucked in behind a wall crouched down. There was a guy that was running up and down the stairs taking shots at scavs in the courtyard. I was waiting for him to come back down the stairs so I could engage him. There is no way anyone could of seen me unless they were right in front of me. All the sudden I die to 3 gun shots coming through the wall.... 

Also I had not moved at all for about 3 minutes. The guy killing scavs was a thicc boi. 

Edited by 7hatGuy
11 minutes ago, 7hatGuy said:

I ran into my first case of cheating today that I can for sure say it was cheating. I was on reserve as a SCAV. Got into one of the buildings by the helicopter. Was in a bathroom tucked in behind a wall crouched down. There was a guy that was running up and down the stairs taking shots at scavs in the courtyard. I was waiting for him to come back down the stairs so I could engage him. There is no way anyone could of seen me unless they were right in front of me. All the sudden I die to 3 gun shots coming through the wall.... 

Also I had not moved at all for about 3 minutes. The guy killing scavs was a thicc boi. 

He wasn't cheating he could hear your scav breathing....

Cheating is really bad right now.  People try and fanboi up with "he was prob using thermals" blah blah.  That doesn't cover the guys coming around into hallways prefiring your exact location, or throwing nades into  a spot you've been sitting not moving for several minutes.

IMo BGG should just turn on wall hacks for everyone while it's in Beta.  that way they guys who cheat frequently won't play.  they couldn't handle being on the same playing field as everyone else.

• Upvote 2

Have had a wonderful case again. Tried to do the golden zibbo quest, I spawned in, got instantly killed by a dude with 923482347 numbers in his name. I'm going to uninstall Tarkov and look for a different game. I'm done. If it's not the goddamn servers, it's a cheater ruining the game for me.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, notprae said:

I'm wondering why they chose battleeye? How do they compare to other services like EAC?

BattleEye in general is quite known to be a swiss cheese when it comes to stopping cheaters playing a game. That's why they made a report-thread for cheaters.

10 hours ago, Vindsvept said:

BattleEye in general is quite known to be a swiss cheese when it comes to stopping cheaters playing a game. That's why they made a report-thread for cheaters.

But the report thread was created before battleye was introduced ? 

My experience of gaming on battleye protected servers is that they are seriously lacking in being proactive and really the AC is a joke. Arma, PubG was about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. 

18 hours ago, tomkow4 said:

But the report thread was created before battleye was introduced ? 

Well yeah duh, because they had no proper anti-cheat. They think they do now, but the report thread is still exploding, lol.

17 hours ago, Punisher_1 said:

My experience of gaming on battleye protected servers is that they are seriously lacking in being proactive and really the AC is a joke. Arma, PubG was about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. 

Exactly this. I'd prefer EasyAC over this.

Rekonsile

ive got close to 1.1k runs this wipe adn i can assure you cheating isnt as bad as you think. ive maybe only died a few times to what i would consider suspect behavior. other than that its been me over commiting. As newer players i feel like your lack of experience is why you think people are cheating. Most players that play this game aim for the head since its the weakest point on the body. Also late spawns do happen especially if you arent running a SSD. even then for me i spawn in late from time to time which i rarely encounter it now but if i do i always check my time till extract just in case to ensure i dont run like an idiot when spawning in 1 to 3 minutes late because you will certainly run into people in areas you would normally have not expected them to be in. As for late spawning in with instant death it has happened to me 6 times this patch and that has been due to the servers crashing while loading in. 

Edited by Rekonsile
  • Upvote 2

cheating was way worse before battleeye, you guys have zero clue if you're new. AFAIK the major public cheat providers are still down trying to figure BE out, so theres absolutely no way the cheating is as bad as it was. Before you would run into blatant hackers like every 3rd raid.

I think something people don't realize when people tell them "you probably didn't get killed by a hacker" is we know there ARE hackers in tarkov.  H ell, most of us made it through the awful past 1-2 years of no anti cheat or things like graphics cards that could turn off ALL foliage from bushes to grass.  It is Much better then it was in previous wipes but yes they do still exist 

The problem is tarkov is unlike all games, even the ones that are somewhat similar.  Trust me i have shamefully 2000+ hours in arma2.  But tarkov is a different animal, especially considering the size of maps.  People who get killed around corners are just being killed or naded like any other game with a community that knows the maps.  We know where people hide, how they move, how they react or may come sprinting into an area they heard gunfire.

There ARE cheaters in this game and hopefully the all mighty ban hammer strikes them down.  But if there were as many cheaters as all the new players say, those of us with 100's of runs would have seen them more.  I did a little test, sat with a thermal on customs for 20 straight raids in one place, in an elevated position and didn't shoot at most people.  Wasn't killed once (did notice an alarming number of others using thermal tho from the few i actually gunned down).  If there really was that many cheaters i would have been picked off many times sat on top of construction where you can be seen from about 15 different angles.

Edited by Grimm285
  • Like 1
On 2/22/2020 at 6:22 AM, Rekonsile said:

ive got close to 1.1k runs this wipe adn i can assure you cheating isnt as bad as you think. ive maybe only died a few times to what i would consider suspect behavior. other than that its been me over commiting. As newer players i feel like your lack of experience is why you think people are cheating. Most players that play this game aim for the head since its the weakest point on the body. Also late spawns do happen especially if you arent running a SSD. even then for me i spawn in late from time to time which i rarely encounter it now but if i do i always check my time till extract just in case to ensure i dont run like an idiot when spawning in 1 to 3 minutes late because you will certainly run into people in areas you would normally have not expected them to be in. As for late spawning in with instant death it has happened to me 6 times this patch and that has been due to the servers crashing while loading in. 

But I'm not new. I have been playing this game well over 2 years now and cheating is worse then ever. Kind of sick and tired of people saying 'it's not cheaters man' while the report thread is being FLOODED with people who take an effort to record it. YouTube is filled with it aswell, so stop denying that cheating has become worse then ever with the massive influx because BSG decided to hold hands with streamers.

• Like 2
Rekonsile
1 minute ago, Vindsvept said:

But I'm not new. I have been playing this game well over 2 years now and cheating is worse then ever. Kind of sick and tired of people saying 'it's not cheaters man' while the report thread is being FLOODED with people who take an effort to record it. YouTube is filled with it aswell, so stop denying that cheating has become worse then ever with the massive influx because BSG decided to hold hands with streamers.

i have almost 1100 raids cheating isnt off the wall you are just playing bad  if you think there are that many cheaters in the game. maybe you should look at and analyse your game play and see where you are messing up because its really quite a few factors on why you would lose fights vrs PMC's most of the time its user error and not hackers lol...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Rekonsile said:

i have almost 1100 raids cheating isnt off the wall you are just playing bad  if you think there are that many cheaters in the game. maybe you should look at and analyse your game play and see where you are messing up because its really quite a few factors on why you would lose fights vrs PMC's most of the time its user error and not hackers lol...

Stop saying I'm bad when I clearly know people are cheating. If I make a mistake, I accept the fact that I made a mistake. But if I get shot through walls, people not dying from MULTIPLE headshots or spawn it and my thorax starts bleeding, leaving me killed by a player, that's ducking cheating. Get off your high horse and accept the fact that BSG is doing jack shite to fight against people who cheat.

Rekonsile
1 minute ago, Vindsvept said:

Stop saying I'm bad when I clearly know people are cheating. If I make a mistake, I accept the fact that I made a mistake. But if I get shot through walls, people not dying from MULTIPLE headshots or spawn it and my thorax starts bleeding, leaving me killed by a player, that's ducking cheating. Get off your high horse and accept the fact that BSG is doing jack shite to fight against people who cheat.

you are pretending its a problem when infact cheating is hardly present in some ultra low percentage of games ive played as well as many others... by ultra low i mean like .000000001 percent of them. people use these forums to cry about non exsistant problems and i can assure you more than 99  percent of the games you think a hacker killed you in it was probably just someone that was ready for you.

8 minutes ago, Rekonsile said:

you are pretending its a problem when infact cheating is hardly present in some ultra low percentage of games ive played as well as many others... by ultra low i mean like .000000001 percent of them. people use these forums to cry about non exsistant problems and i can assure you more than 99  percent of the games you think a hacker killed you in it was probably just someone that was ready for you.

The fact that you have 'not' experienced this, does not mean it's true. People are complaining about the exact same things that are happening and are actually providing proof of it, making their 'cries' valid and existent. Once again: Get off that ducking high horse of yours and stop defending BSG their crap-job of plugging up the leaks that they are creating with every patch.

Rekonsile
49 minutes ago, Vindsvept said:

The fact that you have 'not' experienced this, does not mean it's true. People are complaining about the exact same things that are happening and are actually providing proof of it, making their 'cries' valid and existent. Once again: Get off that ducking high horse of yours and stop defending BSG their crap-job of plugging up the leaks that they are creating with every patch.

most of the people who are complaing dont  understand the game they are new players using the wrong ammo making poo tuns of noise... .cheating is only percerived as cheating by players like them becuase they are playing the game wrong.

Edited by Rekonsile
59 minutes ago, Rekonsile said:

most of the people who are complaing dont  understand the game they are new players using the wrong ammo making poo tuns of noise... .cheating is only percerived as cheating by players like them becuase they are playing the game wrong.

Jesus, when are you going to start reading instead of just sprinkling around those fairy-tale facts of yours?

Before BE the hacker situation was even worse. Now its getting near the same proportions due to influx of new players. Face it people not everyone is willing or able to "git gud" but some of these people will want to play anyway. The more hardcore the game, the more prestigious it is to be good at that game, the more there are people willing to cheat their way to the top. There is a reason they test athletes for performance enhancing substances even at the collage/uni -level. Some people just aren't willing to lose fairly.

Personally I know there are cheaters but can't usually say for sure but today I met one player scav bunny hopping around Factory. Me and my group were holding a defensive perimeter at the offices when this guy came hopping up the stairs and blew my friends head of with his PM, then proceeding to kill another of us at the breach room then hopping to office door where we were ready then kicking the door in hopping in doing a 360 and executing 3 of us right there. All head, eyes.

If this guy wasn't cheating then he was absolutely hands down the best EFT player I've ever seen.

gideonsheng8607
Just now, Yeavo said:

Before BE the hacker situation was even worse. Now its getting near the same proportions due to influx of new players. Face it people not everyone is willing or able to "git gud" but some of these people will want to play anyway. The more hardcore the game, the more prestigious it is to be good at that game, the more there are people willing to cheat their way to the top. There is a reason they test athletes for performance enhancing substances even at the collage/uni -level. Some people just aren't willing to lose fairly.

Personally I know there are cheaters but can't usually say for sure but today I met one player scav bunny hopping around Factory. Me and my group were holding a defensive perimeter at the offices when this guy came hopping up the stairs and blew my friends head of with his PM, then proceeding to kill another of us at the breach room then hopping to office door where we were ready then kicking the door in hopping in doing a 360 and executing 3 of us right there. All head, eyes.

If this guy wasn't cheating then he was absolutely hands down the best EFT player I've ever seen.

Head,eyes

Head, top of the head

Most of hackers are aim-locked to these two spots, and they can shoot through walls while locking at these parts.

Rekonsile
24 minutes ago, Vindsvept said:

Jesus, when are you going to start reading instead of just sprinkling around those fairy-tale facts of yours?

its not a fairy tale its basically every person who claims its a hacker...