AlunOhh

PLEASE HELP! Major Issue Installing Game

AlunOhh

My problem is that when I open the launcher, I instantly get an error.. Error in the first launcher update stage.. The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

I click "close" and I'm granted access to the launcher.

Go to install my EOD edition, install at the C:\Battlestate Games\EFT(live) folder, then I get another error saying there's a lock file in there being used by another process, its a ghost file that can be deleted, but comes back when I try install the game again.

Anyways click "close" again and try again, I delete that lock file and try again, this time its saying the folder is not empty and error 403 forbidden comes up again.

Other INFORMATION:

Game and launcher to install on my SSD (C:) drive.

I have tried with disabling anti-virus, running as admin, updating windows, updating drivers and everything. I keep getting tickets closed by the support team who dont want to answer or help with the issue.

Naturally since I cant install the game, the "set the path to existing game installation" is not going to work.

If someone can please help with this as its frustrating the life out of me not being able to play a £100+ game -__-

swats73
59 minutes ago, AlunOhh said:

My problem is that when I open the launcher, I instantly get an error.. Error in the first launcher update stage.. The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

I click "close" and I'm granted access to the launcher.

Go to install my EOD edition, install at the C:\Battlestate Games\EFT(live) folder, then I get another error saying there's a lock file in there being used by another process, its a ghost file that can be deleted, but comes back when I try install the game again.

Anyways click "close" again and try again, I delete that lock file and try again, this time its saying the folder is not empty and error 403 forbidden comes up again.

Other INFORMATION:

Game and launcher to install on my SSD (C:) drive.

I have tried with disabling anti-virus, running as admin, updating windows, updating drivers and everything. I keep getting tickets closed by the support team who dont want to answer or help with the issue.

Naturally since I cant install the game, the "set the path to existing game installation" is not going to work.

If someone can please help with this as its frustrating the life out of me not being able to play a £100+ game -__-

there is a working fix for this in the topic below

swats73

#Locked answered