Atiyo

I don't understand pvp in this game

Atiyo

Started playing with a friend about 3 weeks ago. We struggled quite a bit for the first few days, until we settled for a map: Shoreline. The following week went pretty smooth, we got a good grasp of the game , won most fights vs pmc's and made pretty decent money. We extracted like 6 times in a row at one point, with several pmc kills each time, went up 2v3-4 several times succesfully.

The last couple of days we completely got poo on, especially today. We havent won a single gunfight, I get 1 tapped basically every single round or 3-4 shot in the chest. No matter how many bullets I hit, enemies won't die.

So I figured lets upgrade to T5 armor and better ammo, got BS ammo for the AK (was running BT and BP before that). Same thing tho, instead of getting 3-4 shots in the chest I get randomly one-tapped every single round. I hit a guy 7 times with BS ammo, dealt exactly 182 damage to the body and nothing got absorbed by body armor (still don't understand the math on that one, considering BS ammo is supposed to be 40 dmg). He shoots me after that and I get instantly one-tapped.

I'm aware that there's still a lot we can learn about this game, but at this point it feels like utter poo and I don't know what to improve on. It feels like the last cpl of days armor didn't do anything for us and helmets didn't either. But for the enemy it somehow does. 

We're generally pretty decent FPS players outside of tarkov and yet one week feels nice and the next feels 100 times worse.

• Like 1

Little_Mt_Fuji

Sometimes thats the way it goes... even 9mm pistols using AP can go through some helmets. Consider changing your play style or weapons, maybe you'll have a better experience using a mosin with a psu or other scoped bolt-action rifles on a map like shoreline. Consider changing maps as you might find customs a better suite to your play style. At the end of the day, the appeal of this game is that it is challenging, otherwise it be no fun :) 

sYs

It's called being burned out. :)  If you feel like you are sucking at pvp - take a rest. This applies to any semi competitive and stressful game.

Sometimes doing runs with just a gun and "frack it attitude" helps to relax. 

I sucked for a week. Took a rest with some other game and then was doing fine again. 

Edited by sYs
  • Like 3

Fukzo0

Armor and helemts means nothing in Tarkov < remember this each raid

SVDS, SV98 and Mosin Rifle have the strongest caliber so far now, some bullets can just ignore best armor

AS-12 can do that too

Since all of this weapons have silencer. 1 tap is possible for a snipers maps such is shoreline/reserve/woods

I personally consider myself Sniper player, im not that good at short range fights so i begin to play from far away and get some cover to my teammates.

I can guarantee you that 1 tap  o two bullets to the chest can kill anyone with those rifles, most of those players im sure they dont even know where was death coming from.

PD: Be more patient at exploring process. Nikita always program each raid against you and you only <<< remember that

• Like 1

LoginTaken

Damage system in the game is just bad.

There is no Heart, Spine or lung kill shots.

I don't doubt you hit the fuckers in the chest that much. I don't doubt you used good/best ammo. I don't doubt if they had no armor.

But you did not shoot them in the thorax or head area.

Therefore they survived.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

bigfatdabs

the damage system truly is trash going back and forth to arma 3 this game makes arma seem like its actually a smooth game. I love how many times I see my arm get shot and from the same bullet my leg breaks like how does that even work. all the ammo in this game needs to be buffed. also remove the rng stats from guns bullets should fly straight thats how real guns work. the whole skills system just puts you at a disadvantage verses everyone who uses the latest exploit to level to max fast.

also with no voip the game might as well be single player

• Sad 1

smokedog77

#Netcode

The lag is strong at the moment earlier i shot a guy 7 times in his head (no helmet) and he shrugged it off like i was hitting him with spit-wads.

LoginTaken
2 hours ago, bigfatdabs said:

the damage system truly is trash going back and forth to arma 3 this game makes arma seem like its actually a smooth game. I love how many times I see my arm get shot and from the same bullet my leg breaks like how does that even work. all the ammo in this game needs to be buffed. also remove the rng stats from guns bullets should fly straight thats how real guns work. the whole skills system just puts you at a disadvantage verses everyone who uses the latest exploit to level to max fast.

also with no voip the game might as well be single player

Oh poo never thought about comparing it to arma.

Holy duck that puts it in new perspective.

• Upvote 1

Maki_Nishikino
2 hours ago, bigfatdabs said:

...with no voip the game might as well be single player

Try Discord. Many EFT players use it.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

bigfatdabs
1 hour ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

yeah use a 3rd party program so you can listen to people talk who are not in your game without voip there will be no chance of any real PUG community forming

African_Plz
8 hours ago, Atiyo said:

Started playing with a friend about 3 weeks ago. We struggled quite a bit for the first few days, until we settled for a map: Shoreline. The following week went pretty smooth, we got a good grasp of the game , won most fights vs pmc's and made pretty decent money. We extracted like 6 times in a row at one point, with several pmc kills each time, went up 2v3-4 several times succesfully.

The last couple of days we completely got poo on, especially today. We havent won a single gunfight, I get 1 tapped basically every single round or 3-4 shot in the chest. No matter how many bullets I hit, enemies won't die.

So I figured lets upgrade to T5 armor and better ammo, got BS ammo for the AK (was running BT and BP before that). Same thing tho, instead of getting 3-4 shots in the chest I get randomly one-tapped every single round. I hit a guy 7 times with BS ammo, dealt exactly 182 damage to the body and nothing got absorbed by body armor (still don't understand the math on that one, considering BS ammo is supposed to be 40 dmg). He shoots me after that and I get instantly one-tapped.

I'm aware that there's still a lot we can learn about this game, but at this point it feels like utter poo and I don't know what to improve on. It feels like the last cpl of days armor didn't do anything for us and helmets didn't either. But for the enemy it somehow does. 

We're generally pretty decent FPS players outside of tarkov and yet one week feels nice and the next feels 100 times worse.

As you were acquiring more gear, money and skill id imagine your upping what maps you play on now, probably moved to harder maps where players/scavs/raiders will have the power to kill you even in better gear. Id recommend doing research into what bullets you use as that can be the difference between hitting an enemy 15-20 times or 1-5 times depending on the round. Also sometimes you just plain get unlucky, for example when you hit the enemy for 182 damage. A player has 440 HP (Or so, I think i cant actually remember), meaning you didn't even get him below 50% hp. My only guess to this is that you hit each of his limbs rather than concentrated the bullets into his chest or head. Doing that is difficult though and can be put down to luck a lot of the time anyway. Overall, i have days where similarly to you ill just destroy everyone, then i have days where i don't even extract once, it comes and goes in waves. My only suggestions are either, keep persevering and you will eventually start piling up the loot again or put the game down for a bit and wait until it is better, still in beta after all.

8 hours ago, Fukzo0 said:

Armor and helemts means nothing in Tarkov < remember this each raid

SVDS, SV98 and Mosin Rifle have the strongest caliber so far now, some bullets can just ignore best armor

AS-12 can do that too

Since all of this weapons have silencer. 1 tap is possible for a snipers maps such is shoreline/reserve/woods

I personally consider myself Sniper player, im not that good at short range fights so i begin to play from far away and get some cover to my teammates.

I can guarantee you that 1 tap  o two bullets to the chest can kill anyone with those rifles, most of those players im sure they dont even know where was death coming from.

PD: Be more patient at exploring process. Nikita always program each raid against you and you only <<< remember that

I wouldn't say that helmets and armour means NOTHING, it'll sure as hell stop a stupid scav doing anything, and most players i see nowadays are pretty new with garbage gear on. But i agree, if you are playing on a serious map like labs it can make a pretty minimal impact.

Serandis

The damage system sure is still bugged.

When enemies hit me with their RSASS, i get one tapped through level 5 Armor. But i got 2-3 raids now where i use M61 Ammo in close combat and i dealt 186dmg with a hitcount of 7, wich makes no sense in any given scenario.
And if they don´t start to remove/limit the accessability to snipers and especially the mosin, the game won´t be playable for long. (I play since release) and the game is in its worst state since the Mosin came out.

cwp
19 hours ago, bigfatdabs said:

yeah use a 3rd party program so you can listen to people talk who are not in your game without voip there will be no chance of any real PUG community forming

Discord is the best way to communicate. In game voip always sucks. This game wouldn't be able to handle it anyways because of their servers.

bigfatdabs
48 minutes ago, cwp said:

Discord is the best way to communicate. In game voip always sucks. This game wouldn't be able to handle it anyways because of their servers.

discord is spyware garbage I have known it was trash from the start I have account #1345. the only reason a voip program would need a central login server is to farm information on its users. mumble, vent, teamspeak are all leagues better 

its funny how people act like the devs have no money when they have the most money they have ever had lately they want to put up an image of shoe string budgets yet are raking in hundreds of thousands a month

this is supposed to be a team game yet there is no things in game to lead it that direction theres no communication no compass

Lonelysnake28

meh getting on tapped is becoming a part of the game. sometimes its legit sometimes its questionable but honestly cheating will always be present in anygame that becomes popular.

moses06

Here's something not a lot are willing to admit about Tarkov, skill is virtually non-existent. This game, overwhelmingly, is about who sees who first. This is why campers are so abundant, a camper using good ammo will dominate with ease. By the time you realize you're getting shot you're mostly dead, and with the suppression effect thrown in, where players are essentially rewarded even if they miss their shots, it makes it even worse.

What most raids amount to is plain old luck. There aren't enough spawn points or extracts to spread people out around the map, throw in mission locations and the numerous choke points on most maps and players know exactly where to camp for easy kills, no skill required. Combine all of that with servers that are pretty crappy, where seeing your enemy even one footstep off from where they actually are means dying, and there aren't many deaths you're going to experience that you could have done very much about.

I think they need stronger armor in the game. Right now there are many different types of ammo that basically render even level 6 armor meaningless. I think it needs to be reversed, there needs to be armor that regardless of which ammo type your opponent is using, it's going to take them a solid 6-7 rounds or even more to get through it. This alone will help with the camping problem because now firing, much more often, will mean giving your position away WITHOUT the instant kill.

But I'm only fooling myself, BS designed this game specifically for campers and that's never going to change.

• Confused 1

kL1ck

i still dont understand why bears killing bears and usec killing usec, everything is kos , thats makes the game even worse

Maki_Nishikino
3 minutes ago, kL1ck said:

i still dont understand why bears killing bears and usec killing usec, everything is kos , thats makes the game even worse

Wait for the karma system. From what I recall players will even be able to congregate at in-world traders and weapons can be used but not without severe consequences to your karma.

Awpii

The game is more than the ammo you use or the armor you put on.

You need to be able to know where you're getting shot from, react fast, and most importantly, have a leveled character (a higher vitality skill, which you level by receiving damage, will give you a lower chance of getting insta-killed or bleed when you get shot, for example. And a higher perception level will allow you to hear further away).

If you keep playing eventually you'll get a grip of fighting, god knows it takes most of us a while.

Springmaus
vor 5 Stunden schrieb Awpii:

You need to be able to know where you're getting shot from, react fast, and most importantly, have a leveled character (a higher vitality skill, which you level by receiving damage, will give you a lower chance of getting insta-killed or bleed when you get shot, for example. And a higher perception level will allow you to hear further away).

You cannot react to shots when getting killed by the first one. Since there is no killcam available, you will also never learn if the kill was legit and you did something wrong or if it was just another cheater.

I am curious which level is needed to no longer get one tapped by suspicious headshots. I don‘t think higher vitality will be enough for this.

Awpii
54 minutes ago, Springmaus said:

You cannot react to shots when getting killed by the first one. Since there is no killcam available, you will also never learn if the kill was legit and you did something wrong or if it was just another cheater.

I am curious which level is needed to no longer get one tapped by suspicious headshots. I don‘t think higher vitality will be enough for this.

That's your problem man, no one else here is talking about "cheaters"

Wurfy
On 2/14/2020 at 8:55 PM, Atiyo said:

I've dealt with this a lot. What eventually worked for me (aka reduced these instances to a minimum) was simply swearing off of all small cartridges. I mainly use 7.62×51mm for everything, 7.62×39 if I'm on a budget.

Also, I use semi-auto only, even if I am using 5.56 or 5.45 for some reason, and no matter how low my recoil is. Shooting the enemy in the chest twice is quicker than spraying every limb and the wall behind him until he dies.

11 hours ago, moses06 said:

Here's something not a lot are willing to admit about Tarkov, skill is virtually non-existent. This game, overwhelmingly, is about who sees who first. This is why campers are so abundant, a camper using good ammo will dominate with ease. By the time you realize you're getting shot you're mostly dead, and with the suppression effect thrown in, where players are essentially rewarded even if they miss their shots, it makes it even worse.

What most raids amount to is plain old luck. There aren't enough spawn points or extracts to spread people out around the map, throw in mission locations and the numerous choke points on most maps and players know exactly where to camp for easy kills, no skill required. Combine all of that with servers that are pretty crappy, where seeing your enemy even one footstep off from where they actually are means dying, and there aren't many deaths you're going to experience that you could have done very much about.

I think they need stronger armor in the game. Right now there are many different types of ammo that basically render even level 6 armor meaningless. I think it needs to be reversed, there needs to be armor that regardless of which ammo type your opponent is using, it's going to take them a solid 6-7 rounds or even more to get through it. This alone will help with the camping problem because now firing, much more often, will mean giving your position away WITHOUT the instant kill.

But I'm only fooling myself, BS designed this game specifically for campers and that's never going to change.

Completely disagree.

I rarely run into actual campers and when I do, it's often my own fault. There's plenty you can do to avoid them.

Most players are trying to run some quests or at least have fun so there aren't many campers anyway. The players who would in other games enjoy camping seemingly aren't patient enough to do it in EFT because in most spots the best you can hope for is 2-3 kills for a half- hour or longer raid.

I suppose what you take for camping is actually just a result of you running around with closed ears and running into people who heard you and set up an ambush.

LoginTaken

The entire damage system in this game is ducking worthless.

The entire armor system in this game  is ducking worthless.

The Quest system is ducking worthless.

The Spawn System is ducking worthless.

Defiants
On 2/14/2020 at 6:06 PM, Maki_Nishikino said:

Personally I think it should have a communication system like Rust. Proximity voice chat. The game is supposed to be realistic, but you can't communicate openly?

I was actually surprised it didn't have that feature. Rust managed it what, six years back?

On 2/14/2020 at 7:16 PM, bigfatdabs said:

there will be no chance of any real PUG community forming

I mean there won't be a PUG community if your team mates can kill you and steal your poo. To be fair. I'll never play with randoms for that reason. I don't know anyone that actually plays Tarkov. Therefore I solo. Is what it is. VOIP wouldn't change that for me. What. Do I want to hear the twelve year old "team mate" that instagibs me upon loading in call me a dumb candyface?

I mean, didn't they just recently make it so that if you die by a team mate you also go down to 1% hp instead of the typical percentage? That seems to me as a gamer to be the exact opposite direction that they would be wanting to go? Now those of us who get backstabbed by our team mates also have to spend more to recover? Instead of making it so that team mates just can't back stab, or something?

I respect that game development is a difficult task and that I'm unaware of many of the more subtle aspects of it. But yeah.

Springmaus
vor 22 Stunden schrieb Awpii:

That's your problem man, no one else here is talking about "cheaters"

You sure? Maybe I am not the one bringing this topic up in this thread?

Am 16.2.2020 um 04:31 schrieb Lonelysnake28:

meh getting on tapped is becoming a part of the game. sometimes its legit sometimes its questionable but honestly cheating will always be present in anygame that becomes popular.

• Sad 2