CGC-Sinner

Everyone is invisible and silent

CGC-Sinner

Okay so I'm pretty new to Tarkov, have a standard account, I've watched a lot of videos and  guide on YouTube before starting so i had a decent layout of customs and guns before I started, ended up getting pretty lucky and killing a nicely geared player a few days ago, but as of today, every single raid I've loaded into has been a late spawn, which is not the issue I'm concerned about. The issue I'm having is not being able to see or hear anyone, scavs included, I have even played a few raids with a friend and have not been able to see or hear them, even though they can hear and see me. So needless to say I ended up losing a lot of gear because of this.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue before and if there is a fix for it, because I'd love to get back into it but I am not going to launch a raid that has a 0% chance of me extracting.

Grimm285
54 minutes ago, CGC-Sinner said:

Okay so I'm pretty new to Tarkov, have a standard account, I've watched a lot of videos and  guide on YouTube before starting so i had a decent layout of customs and guns before I started, ended up getting pretty lucky and killing a nicely geared player a few days ago, but as of today, every single raid I've loaded into has been a late spawn, which is not the issue I'm concerned about. The issue I'm having is not being able to see or hear anyone, scavs included, I have even played a few raids with a friend and have not been able to see or hear them, even though they can hear and see me. So needless to say I ended up losing a lot of gear because of this.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue before and if there is a fix for it, because I'd love to get back into it but I am not going to launch a raid that has a 0% chance of me extracting.

so when you say you cant hear or see anyone do you mean you have literally no audio or you just keep being killed by people you didn't see/hear first?

CGC-Sinner
11 hours ago, Grimm285 said:

so when you say you cant hear or see anyone do you mean you have literally no audio or you just keep being killed by people you didn't see/hear first?

i mean, i can hear myself moving and shooting, but everything else other than ambient sound and sounds made by me i cannot hear, when i die its like when you run through barbed wire without the sound of barbed wire, and then you fall over and die

Grimm285
4 hours ago, CGC-Sinner said:

i mean, i can hear myself moving and shooting, but everything else other than ambient sound and sounds made by me i cannot hear, when i die its like when you run through barbed wire without the sound of barbed wire, and then you fall over and die

you might want to re validate game files if you cant only hear yourself and ambient noise because you should be able to hear bullet impacts and such when you are being shot at, unless your volume settings are too low

CGC-Sinner
1 hour ago, Grimm285 said:

you might want to re validate game files if you cant only hear yourself and ambient noise because you should be able to hear bullet impacts and such when you are being shot at, unless your volume settings are too low

i reinstalled tarkov onto my SSD like 2 days ago, i played like 3-4 raids and everything was fine, but then after that every raid i spawned in, if the audio wasnt ambient or made by my character i couldnt hear it, my friend who i played a few games with could hear everything so i dont know if its a bug that persists through the game or what, but I will validate it and post to see if it helps

Grimm285
1 hour ago, CGC-Sinner said:

i reinstalled tarkov onto my SSD like 2 days ago, i played like 3-4 raids and everything was fine, but then after that every raid i spawned in, if the audio wasnt ambient or made by my character i couldnt hear it, my friend who i played a few games with could hear everything so i dont know if its a bug that persists through the game or what, but I will validate it and post to see if it helps

try wearing comtacs could be not a bug and you're just not used to tarkov sounds, comtacs help a ton

CGC-Sinner
3 hours ago, Grimm285 said:

try wearing comtacs could be not a bug and you're just not used to tarkov sounds, comtacs help a ton

i dont think you understand what im saying, everyone is invisible, even if i could hear them i still dont stand a chance if i cant see them

Grimm285
19 minutes ago, CGC-Sinner said:

i dont think you understand what im saying, everyone is invisible, even if i could hear them i still dont stand a chance if i cant see them

take a video because after 3 years playing this game ive never heard of such a broken glitch that Everyone is invisible and silent?  so you have never seen another scav nor player? nor heard a single gun shot other then noises from yourself? 

CGC-Sinner
1 hour ago, Grimm285 said:

take a video because after 3 years playing this game ive never heard of such a broken glitch that Everyone is invisible and silent?  so you have never seen another scav nor player? nor heard a single gun shot other then noises from yourself? 

No, i have played before and it has been fine, I got to level 8 before this happened, it started because i lost connection to the server during a raid, after i reconnected, everyone was invisible and silent, I died in that raid, but for the 3-4 raids after that I kept having the same issue. I reinstalled the game and it seems to have fixed it

Awpii

Eventually you'll be able to see and hear better @CGC-Sinner, when you're new it feels like this most of the time, even for me sometimes it feels like this when i'm starting a fresh PMC.

Once you get to level up your PMC more and your skills raise you'll see it's easier to spot people.

CGC-Sinner
On 2/16/2020 at 7:36 AM, Awpii said:

Eventually you'll be able to see and hear better @CGC-Sinner, when you're new it feels like this most of the time, even for me sometimes it feels like this when i'm starting a fresh PMC.

Once you get to level up your PMC more and your skills raise you'll see it's easier to spot people.

Again, I this is not my first raid, I've managed to get to level 10, the fact that I die inside big red, with absolutely no sound other than my PMC dying means something is wrong. Its not my skills, its the game, I know I'm new but have you ever died with absolutely no gunshots or sounds of footsteps behind you?

• Like 1

Doohawk

i have been playing this game for a few years and ever since the drops on Twitch I am having this same issue, i can load into a raid and see a scav walking in one spot, i can shoot him but nothing happens and after i walk a while i just fall over dead. Im not sure why this is happening to me.

LoginTaken

Well considering how bad audio is in this game.

Considering the invisibility glitch.

....and the dysnc, late spawn and a host of other issues with the severs.

I am not surprised.

Despite being on the last punisher quest, I am waiting till the next wipe. Hopefully it will have the audio patch among other things. Cause right now the game is just infuriating with all the bugs, let alone poor design.

Awpii
On 2/17/2020 at 10:30 AM, CGC-Sinner said:

Again, I this is not my first raid, I've managed to get to level 10, the fact that I die inside big red, with absolutely no sound other than my PMC dying means something is wrong. Its not my skills, it's the game, I know I'm new but have you ever died with absolutely no gunshots or sounds of footsteps behind you?

Bro I've taken damage without hearing a gunshot or having anyone around.[

It can happen, it's not weird. 

It won't happen always, just keep playing.

CGC-Sinner
1 hour ago, Awpii said:

It won't happen always, just keep playing.

it happened 5 raids in a row, and again i dont think you read anything i wrote, I was in a raid with my friend and i couldnt even see him or hear him, do you understand that? it means EVERYONE was invis and silent, not that i got sniped from across the map, the game was bugged, I was asking for a solution, not your two cents on if im bad or not

Doohawk
On 2/18/2020 at 3:42 PM, CGC-Sinner said:

it happened 5 raids in a row, and again i dont think you read anything i wrote, I was in a raid with my friend and i couldnt even see him or hear him, do you understand that? it means EVERYONE was invis and silent, not that i got sniped from across the map, the game was bugged, I was asking for a solution, not your two cents on if im bad or not

you and me are having the same problem, its not about being bad its legit the game not properly loading us into the raid or something.iv seen scavs walking in place and take no damage but then i start dying and they arnt shooting.

MrSmellybeard
On 2/18/2020 at 2:13 PM, Awpii said:

I've had this happen too... and it is weird lol. I think it's a bug where the audio doesn't play.

Also, I've been playing Factory all day. I always bring comtacs in and I've had folks sneak up on me a few times. I think there might be a silent movement trick people are capitalizing on. I've just been assuming people are there and jiggle peeking every corner, but even still I wonder how they got so far without making any noise at all.

Methanier
32 minutes ago, Doohawk said:

you and me are having the same problem, its not about being bad its legit the game not properly loading us into the raid or something.iv seen scavs walking in place and take no damage but then i start dying and they arnt shooting.

I've had this happen a couple of times as well. I had a raid that me and a buddy were running, he died, I killed the two players we were fighting, got all their gear, then as I was crossing over the road near smugglers boat extract on customs my character just fell over and died. I didn't hear a shot, a bullet impact, or anything I was just dead.

Then just recently I was trying to do a scav run on Reserve. First I spend about 7 minutes on the "awaiting session start" part of the load, killed the game, tried to reconnect, spent another 3 mins at the same spot, hit the back button. It loaded into reserve, saw a scav walking in front of me then fell over dead 5 seconds later with no shot or bullet impact sounds, and to top it off the game wouldn't load the post game screen so was on a black loading screen where I could just hear random scav footsteps and noises...

Dwarf

Encountered invisible players 3 times now. I can hear them just fine but I am not able to see them. Happened when I have played with squad, the ones I have encountered always play with pistols and shot me around 15-20 times, so we have plenty of time running around. There is no sign of them anywhere. Also they could have only come from 1 direction and you hear them right on top of you firing 1 meter away from you.

Stiffa076
Posted (edited)

Yo my friend who just started playing had this bug in his second raid. Needless to say he got very sceptical of Tarkov. This bug is absolutely game-breaking. 

So yesterday me and two buddies loaded up a scav run on Interchange. Me and buddy 1 spawned in together while buddy 2 loaded in somewhere different. Buddy 2 is the new guy. He told us he was in tech light so me and buddy 1 went there. We met up with him, started looting tech light together when after 1 minute he asks: "So where are you guys"? Me and buddy 1 threw out some voice lines and told him this is us. Guess what, he couldn't see nor hear us whatsoever. We were standing right in front of him, running into him, shouting voice lines. He could not see or hear us. We had to convince him we were not ducking with him. We told him to lead so we could direct him to an extract, when right outside tech light we ran into a player scav. Me and buddy 1 started fighting him and buddy 2 ran straight into the line of fire because he could not see or hear anything. Then he died, seemingly out of absolutely nowhere to him. He also mentioned seeing people running in place, which I assume are AI scavs. Shooting them did nothing. 

Obviously this has nothing to do with skill. It's a very real and severe bug. I suggest everyone who experiences this bug to file a report. I will file one too, in name of my buddy. Unfortunately I do not have access to his log files and I can't be bothered to ask him to do it. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Edited by Stiffa076

Mycelium

Its desync. It only happens to me on Reserve now, but I used to have exclusively scavs go into 'ghost mode' on Interchange. Unsure what causes it. 

IMBisGhey

if only, that sound like a dream come true

• Like 1

Squ0re

Same thing happened to me, stopped playing EFT because of that. Althou it always happened when I was playing PMC. SVAC usually always worked. I could't see my friends or other players and I could hear them, but they heard and saw me just fine.  And we would all set the same server, but it didn't fix anything. 

IMBisGhey
2 minutes ago, Squ0re said:

Same thing happened to me, stopped playing EFT because of that. Althou it always happened when I was playing PMC. SVAC usually always worked. I could't see my friends or other players and I could hear them, but they heard and saw me just fine.  And we would all set the same server, but it didn't fix anything. 

well we are glad you at least stayed up to date in forums, i hope you return to the game when a fix is implemented, good luck 

Fearlesslinz

I have this same exact problem. but it's only ever happened on reserve, I'll be walking around and see a SVAC just running in place I'll shoot it, nothing happens, I'll walk around some more and just fall over, no noises at all just dead, it was like I tripped and died, this is game breaking and really makes me not want to play this game at all, I need a fix for this if anyone knows how to fix this.