Sign in to follow this  
t3hSn0wm4n

Ideas for Scavs

t3hSn0wm4n

OK. So, insurance can be a pretty frustrating thing. You pay good money to insure your gear. And sometimes you get it back, sometimes you don't. We all know how frustrating it is when we do not get back that fancy gun we lost because we died to a pesky P scav that got the drop on us, or we in general screwed up. To that end, What if as a scav, you have the option to sell any looted insured gear back to Prapor and Therapist at an increased rate over what they would normally pay for a standard item? you can still sell it to the market, or to the traders directly, but you would get less for it. 

For example, a suppressed, scoped Mosin costs about 7k to insure via Therapist, Prapor will hand you 35k for that Mosin if you sell it to him outright right now. But if you turn it in to Therapist at the end of your raid, she will give you the full player buy value for the rifle instead of the standard sell rate. Maybe to differentiate, Looted insured items could have a tag that shows up. 

This could in theory be applied to PMCs as well, but I feel like it would give scavs a new level of immersion and integration into the lore. This idea comes from my own personal head canon that Prapor hires out scavs to find insured items anyways. 

Curious as to what you guys think of this idea? 

Edited by t3hSn0wm4n

zaqzz

Imo insurance shouldnt exist in this game. They added this, ok.

Just dont bring stuff on raid, you dont wanna lose. Gear fear in this game is terrible, You need to change mindset. Its just pixels. 

t3hSn0wm4n
3 minutes ago, zaqzz said:

Imo insurance shouldnt exist in this game. They added this, ok.

Just dont bring stuff on raid, you dont wanna lose. Gear fear in this game is terrible, You need to change mindset. Its just pixels. 

It isnt about gear fear my guy. It is about exactly what I said, providing a purpose for scavs. I have been playing this game long enough that I personally do not worry about gear fear. But I do feel like this would lower market prices as a whole. Because the more gear that you get back, the less you have to actually buy and that will help keep the game new player friendly. 

And insurance is perfectly fine as a mechanic dude. There is no reason to hate on it. I was simply offering more a reason for its existence. 

CreamyCowboy

Works as intended. There shouldnt be "more" reason for its existence.

I'd rather just loot their gear, sell it on flea or keep it. How would they base the value? Items fluctuate.

Edited by CreamyCowboy

Grimm285
19 minutes ago, t3hSn0wm4n said:

It isnt about gear fear my guy. It is about exactly what I said, providing a purpose for scavs. I have been playing this game long enough that I personally do not worry about gear fear. But I do feel like this would lower market prices as a whole. Because the more gear that you get back, the less you have to actually buy and that will help keep the game new player friendly. 

And insurance is perfectly fine as a mechanic dude. There is no reason to hate on it. I was simply offering more a reason for its existence. 

they have actually said they want to give less reason for people to play scavs not more.  Scav are free gear, in a game thats about risk vs reward, scav players have 0 risk and all reward.  Unique idea but not needed in the current game, especially anything to make people play scavs even more.  they are really just meant to be a safety net incase you really lose everything although you should ideally never get to that point 

t3hSn0wm4n
4 minutes ago, Grimm285 said:

they have actually said they want to give less reason for people to play scavs not more.  Scav are free gear, in a game thats about risk vs reward, scav players have 0 risk and all reward.  Unique idea but not needed in the current game, especially anything to make people play scavs even more.  they are really just meant to be a safety net incase you really lose everything although you should ideally never get to that point 

Ehhhhhhh lets be real here. You do not get that much out of a scav if you just run for extract. And to properly loot as a scav and make it out of a raid with a decent amount of gear that is worth selling, you need to be pretty well versed with every weapon in the game. That requires a decent level of skill and again, for the sake of pure honesty, new players generally don't have that. They are gonna run for a particular area, generally on a map like woods or shoreline, grab what they can and either book it to extract or sneak their way there. Either way, this is time consuming and detracts from being able to play on the PMC. 

As for using the scavs less, if that was their goal, they shouldnt have added a healing timer to a PMC. Sorry but that mechanic is dumb IMO. 

This option that I suggested could also be available to PMCs as well. give the option to sell it back or keep it. Either way, I just think it is more a fluff thing than anything but it would help new players really get their feet wet. 

Grimm285
2 minutes ago, t3hSn0wm4n said:

Ehhhhhhh lets be real here. You do not get that much out of a scav if you just run for extract. And to properly loot as a scav and make it out of a raid with a decent amount of gear that is worth selling, you need to be pretty well versed with every weapon in the game. That requires a decent level of skill and again, for the sake of pure honesty, new players generally don't have that. They are gonna run for a particular area, generally on a map like woods or shoreline, grab what they can and either book it to extract or sneak their way there. Either way, this is time consuming and detracts from being able to play on the PMC. 

As for using the scavs less, if that was their goal, they shouldnt have added a healing timer to a PMC. Sorry but that mechanic is dumb IMO. 

This option that I suggested could also be available to PMCs as well. give the option to sell it back or keep it. Either way, I just think it is more a fluff thing than anything but it would help new players really get their feet wet. 

The devs have said numerous times that the game is only going to get harder not easier.  The healing after raids has nothing to do with people playing more scavs casue after lvl 15 you really shouldnt have money problems ever again (or med problems if you play a shoreline).  The healing eating and drinking going through raids is something they always said would be in along with other things to make the game harder like traders being on maps instead of off maps (not all but some traders).  And i have no idea what you are talking about with scavs, how much skill does it take to fill a backpack with guns to make 100-200k easy on a scav run?  or even just picking the scraps up on factory is an easy 100k on scav.

I'm not against scav raids, but most people stop doing them after their first month in game.  The change you are suggesting would make an already broken economy worse if you could sell them at face value.  Besides insurance is so cheap considering how often you get most of your loot back its still a decent system, doesn't need to be pushed to be any easier