Spectator6

On the Secure Container meta: Riddle me this...

Spectator6

Here's a short thought exercise put as a questionnaire! Can answer out-loud or treat these as rhetorical. Enjoy!

------------------

1. If CSGO players discovered a way to plant the bomb without being near one of the plant sites, would that be good or bad for the gamemode?
    1. Good ( ) Bad ( )
  2. If Portal players discovered a way to bypass puzzles and simply walk into the "end level" elevators, would that be good or bad for the gamemode?
    1. Good ( ) Bad ( )
  3. If the cast of the movie The Raid: Redemption found out they could simply jump out of the side-windows to the building they were trapped in and safely "escape" the predicament (let's say a random magical giant bird caught them and carried them home), would that be good or bad for the intent and plot of the movie?
    1. Good ( ) Bad ( ) 

--------------------

Similar to the above questions, in my view, the secure-container-meta debate is not about the loot or what weapon a player chooses to take in. In my view, that's all fair game and players can approach it however they want. Instead, it's in how the secure-container-meta allows players to skirt around the central dilemma the Raid gameplay mode is meant to offer to the player:

• Getting in is easy. It's getting out alive that's the hard part.

--------------------

The fact of the matter is that BSG is well aware they did not foresee the monkey wrench that secure containers would throw into EFT's gameplay loop (ie jump out of the side-windows). Hopefully they're well on their way to implementing some changes we can test in the next wipe. I'm confident that, together as a community, through trial-and-error and open discourse, we can come up with solutions and approaches that make the game deeper and more rewarding for everyone.

Whatever things we try, I'm sure we can all agree...

• The quicker we can get the cast of The Raid: Redemption to quit jumping out of the windows and actually fight or sneak through the building, the quicker we'll have one helluva great movie on our hands :)
  • Sad 1

LoginTaken

A secure container is just a free bit of insurance.

I don't care about people doing money runs that heavily depend on the SC. The only problem is when people kill themselves. In doing so they robed other players of potential exp.

There are many "possible" solutions to the issue.

In regards to improvements that make the game deeper and more rewarding.

1. Better quest system.

2. Better damage system.

3. Better and more refined hit boxes.

4. Bigger and more open maps.

5. More refined CQC maps.

6. A refined spawn system.

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_Features

^Pretty much this...

TUALMASOK

What's wrong with scav's hunting them down and killing them? I think it's hilarious.

• Like 1

S5_Mr_Wiggle
30 minutes ago, TUALMASOK said:

What's wrong with scav's hunting them down and killing them? I think it's hilarious.

i like it as well since i can just hold a corner and wack em to upgrade strength

• Like 1

Weejabored

I'm very new to EFT and have only been playing for the past 3 months. I am deeply in love with the game and I love the hardcore aspects of it all. In my personal opinion, I think the game has a steep learning curve. While I was learning the game, I died a lot. I lost a lot of gear.

But the saving grace, no matter how many times I died, was "at least I was able to get this in the container". It feels like I am still progressing, still moving forward, despite my failure to escape. It gives me the opportunity to leave a raid with some kind of positive, even though I lost all my nice gear I just spent so much money on. 

Without the container, I would have felt overwhelmed by the amount I lost, with nothing to show for my time. I would have not been able to feel the positive sense of progression. 

I don't feel like the game's current meta is solely based on the container. I don't think the container is much of the issue, but rather finding other ways to reward the player for their progress and time. Maybe like a task system, that everyone has, and as you meet certain feats in your stats, like scavs killed, damage done, pmcs killed, etc, you get an achievement or an award, like trade goods, money, scav timer boost, faster pmc recovery etc. Idk, just an idea. 

GrizzlerFace

I don't see the issue, there's plenty of loot on a map not all of which can be stuffed up someones prison wallet. So what if someone saves a graphics card or two they will probably use it to buy loot to take into the next raid and then possibly get killed and lose it to another player and thus the cycle continues. Loot isn't limited as it keeps spawning every round, there seems to be plenty of ways for people to make mega bucks and I constantly see streamers vids on youtube about making 1.5mil or more a raid killing players.

As someone said, it's an insurance policy and helps newer players especially. OP's scenarios DIRECTLY affect the whole game for everyone, a couple people stashing a load of loot does not. And everybody is free to do it themselves. I still constantly run into heavily geared players, there's bosses to kill also so it's not like there's a shortage of potential loot.

The simple fact is, there's a scale of skill and some luck in tarkov, mixed in with resources you have to buy gear to go into a raid with, not everybody is equal and that's the point. The loot container gives players who aren't doing so well, or having a bad run a way to bank a little each time. If the game is hardcore in every aspect with no remorse then it'll put people who struggle off playing. Maybe that's what you want I don't know.

I feel like half of the people complaining about the containers are spawn campers, I do relate to the other half who genuinely get sick of killing naked hatchlings but that won't be as bad due to the changes, people will probably just take in modded top tier pistols now and farm scavs for keycard/keys instead.  A whole different 'meta exploit'

Edited by GrizzlerFace
  • Like 1