FearedSkills

Why be punished after getting killed in raid?

schubbey
vor 5 Stunden schrieb Barangolo:

You would still behave like a hatchling, with the only difference of having a gun in your hand.

yeah i get your point, in 1/15 raids it will give you a labs keycard - might be a higher or lower chance i still think that its not worth the time

you brought the example of big red, if you spawn close you rush into office loot the computers and exit, with pistol however you will go down kill some scavs, loot weapon crates and hidden bag...then youre full of 8k slots on a scav backpack and a mosin...if theres no labs keycard, factory exit key or whatever high valuable thats not worth the time extracting (sure you will check dorms and other locations maybe having some fights, finding scav boss perhaps...but with a normal loadout that would all be easier and funnier)

dont want to tell anyone how to play or how not to play, i just think hatchling/pistoling is the worst thing someone could do...when thinking about a duell against yourself, which one of you will get the most profit - the hatchling - who will win a fight - makarov should lose against standard loadout - who will have the most fun - for me its my standard loadout

however if you enjoy doing pistol runs, why not :)

Poena
Am 18.2.2020 um 02:15 schrieb FearedSkills:

I'm just curious as to the logic behind punishing players after dying in raid. I would assume it was bad enough to lose everything you went in with, but now you have to waste more money to heal your player after the raid before going in again? Either that or wait an hour or so, however long it takes for your PMC to regain full health. It feels like I'm being punished again after already being punished for dying and losing all the gear.

If I could just get an explanation as to why this was introduced?

The problem was cheesy Pistol/Hatchet running without limitation (run loot spot, loot, disconnect, start next run the next second) .

1.) (old) Runner gets to high value loot spawn first, loots, disconnects and keeps the items in his container. Rinse and repeat.

2.) (old) Runner gets to high value loot spawn first, loots, gets killed and keeps the items in his container. Rinse and repeat.

3.) (new) Runner gets to high value loot spawn first, loots, gets killed (disconnecting makes u loose everything now) and keeps the items   in his container. After the run he has to invest some rubles or time to do the next run.

A "normal" player with standard gear just byus a salewa for 15k (relatively low compared to the item value you lost in the last raid), heals up and does the next raid.

Barangolo
5 hours ago, schubbey said:

yeah i get your point, in 1/15 raids it will give you a labs keycard - might be a higher or lower chance i still think that its not worth the time

I think you misunderstand me again: I am not making a case for hatchet runs, or pistol runs for that matter. You were saying that people do naked runs to compensate for losses, I responded by saying that it is failed logic because if you want to go low risk, you may as well bring in a pistol and at least you take part in shooting, not just looting. I do not think either hatchet running or only a pistol is the way to go, but having at least a pistol is much better than having nothing.

with pistol however you will go down kill some scavs, loot weapon crates and hidden bag...

Not if you only want to do a loot run with low risk. You would do exactly the same as without a pistol and only use the pistol for self defense. There is a big difference between defensive and offensive play. What I was saying is that the only difference is that you fill your pockets with exactly the same, but with a pistol you have more chance of getting there in the first place. Sure, once you looted the office, you can always kill scavs through the window or when leaving, but without a gun you have zero chance and may as well disconnect. When I did a naked run there, I couldn't even kill the scav through the window as after the first hit on his head he just repositioned and wasted me quickly. With a pistol it would have been a clean kill.

i just think hatchling/pistoling is the worst thing someone could do..

I fully agree. But there's quite a difference between totally naked and with a pistol. No gun is no shooting, with gun you are getting involved and develop skills. That's quite a difference I think.

Barangolo
1 hour ago, Poena said:

A "normal" player with standard gear just byus a salewa for 15k (relatively low compared to the item value you lost in the last raid), heals up and does the next raid.

Or carkits instead of Salewas to not waste money ;)

Since dying is skill related however, we have to compare the cost of death for both hatchet runner and normally geared players. In which case, the difference is not that big: a normally geared player also needs to spend money after being killed, as HP gets to 30% only. The hatchet runner goes down to 1%, but the difference between the 1% and 30% is only about 3500 roubles in heals.. No deterrent if you ask me, especially because the hatchet runner does not even need to heal up at all, as he does not count on surviving the next raid either. If he wants his PMC not to moan, maybe he spends a few hundred roubles on critical parts and that's it.

A normally geared player always heals up properly, because going into the raid with low health is nonsense: saving a few thousand on healing and risking dying easier, while you invested much more into gear? In addition, a geared player will heal in-raid as well, when hit. A hatchling does not want to spend money on that either. So while the normally geared player may be spending an IFAK and maybe a splint on healing, the hatchling will simply die and enter again, without having to spend a penny. So in the end it is not more costly to do naked runs at all.

schubbey
vor 51 Minuten schrieb Barangolo:

having at least a pistol is much better than having nothing.

if its a five-seven i agree, otherwise its a waste of time in my opinion

vor 53 Minuten schrieb Barangolo:

You would do exactly the same as without a pistol and only use the pistol for self defense

you wouldnt behave like a hatchling, if you can get a shot you will take it instead of going to tech store or whatever, then you think nice gun and loot it...im not talking about the average 5k hours player, im talking about people who actually ask for help here :S

vor 55 Minuten schrieb Barangolo:

Sure, once you looted the office, you can always kill scavs through the window or when leaving, but without a gun you have zero chance and may as well disconnect. When I did a naked run there, I couldn't even kill the scav through the window

thats exactly what i mean, if someone wants to min max profit/time its 100% not worth taking the shot on a random scav, because if you kill that one scav, others will come aswell (most of the time in big red), and also if you got the kill you want to go and loot, at what point you decide if those 3 scavs got enough loot for you to try and escape with it compared to the 2minute run looking for graka/flashdrive

vor 57 Minuten schrieb Barangolo:

I fully agree. But there's quite a difference between totally naked and with a pistol. No gun is no shooting, with gun you are getting involved and develop skills. That's quite a difference I think.

i go a step further and say, dont play a gun you wouldnt normally play (normally i dont play guns that cant even onetap t3 armored head with best ammo)...why would you want to rely on a weapon thats poo that you would never bring in to a normal run, but then its better than nothing, but in fact its not :S

if you want to kill something take atleast something usefull that could kill the average armor type (t3 helmet t4 armored rig)

vor 7 Stunden schrieb schubbey:

in 1/15 raids it will give you a labs keycard - might be a higher or lower chance i still think that its not worth the time

someone who goes in naked, does it because he doesnt know better because he might not be a good player...he wont become better by using a makarov and taking clean shots against scavs standing at the same positions as always while he probably dont even understand that hes not dealing damage against enemy X...