Sign in to follow this  
Jemahne

Should people be able to ADS (aim down sights) with visors on?

Should people be able to ADS (Aim Down Sights) with visors on?  

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should people be able to ADS with visors on?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/26/2020 at 01:00 AM

Jemahne

Just curious as to what people's thoughts are on this.

Sagaraein

I mean.... This is a extremely weird and unspecified post.

I would have preferred to see some clarification to this. Some visors are 100% viable to ADS with. Some on the other hand i feel would be awkward to do it with. Aiming down scopes would be a whole different topic in itself. Could you specify this topic a bit?

plisken

if tarkov is really trying to be the most realistic shooter on the market - and there are days i have extreme doubts about this - then yes, if you cant ADS without modified equipment IRL then it should be the same in the game. The french GIGN for example, are often photographed with duck off big visors and run modified stocks and elevated sights to be able to get a proper sight picture.

FRAAM-on-HK36.jpg

Contrast to here, in what is obviously some kind of promotional photo, probably for a film or something like that, there is no way in hell this guy would be able to get a good sight picture. He would have to shoot instinctively. Point shooting was, and still probably is somewhere, taught after all. The Israelis were big on it well into the 2000s. 

lassaut-2010-1-1421656167789-0-61-1000-1

russian example. It would be very hard for him to get a cheek weld with that visor down and be able to see the very low sights on this VAL, so again, he would probably be shooting instinctively as opposed to using the sights.

depositphotos_130478030-stock-photo-russ

TheCrippler

ADS yes, but you should be barely able to see anything. Especially not through optics. It's not even speculation. The visor prevents you from even getting your eye anywhere near where it has to be.