Jemahne

Genuine Hatchling Solution

Jemahne

This is an argued issue over and over again and no one seems to find or have a viable solution. People tend to look issues in the face and look at hatchlings specifically. The underlying issue that gives birth to hatchlings is static loot spawns and no incentive to stay in raid longer. Here is my fix, I understand that dynamic loot spawns are in the works that's the first part of the solution. The second part is to incentivize players to stay in raid longer. Scavs should drop more loot. Giving scavs an extensive loot table with more drops would incentivize people to farm scavs to gain more loot even when the static spawns are gone. 

• Like 2

Alpha_Falcon

Incentivising to farm scavs would be bad for newer players who rely on scavs

kecorrigan

I think the static loot thing is really good idea and didn't think about that before.. like, why is all the loot always in the same place? there is an entire map that barely gets explored because everyone is just running to the same old places, i think it would totally feel more genuine and the atmosphere would be more realistic if people are actively searching nooks and crannies for possible loot that could spawn anything.

• Like 1

Profil_Gesperrt

It is a real good idea, though hard to implement into the game which had has a few bugs with loot falling through the ground before, so that would be rather "buggy" than easy to transmit. Besides that there is also a good variation of players, which have learned every dropspots and doesn't want the spots to change, though it really might be for the better. It also might take away some "realism points" from the game, which are for example, when you find a red key card in a scav body, or finding an ICase in a toilet is just not normally the case if you catch my thought. 

It could do the game good but also open up some other big issues like keyrooms or other things. 

There would be no good point for keyrooms if the loot would be randomized, except it is from a certain drop pool.

This requires a lot of overthinking and reworking of the current gamestate, which just runs fine right now and could be worse *cough* servers *cough*.

Greetings from germany ^^

Edited by Profil_Gesperrt
Remember, if you do not understand Coding or Game Development, hit that little "Guy Icon" in the bottom right and select the "Sad" or "Confused" icons!