Gracy22

Anyone else having problems hearing footsteps

Gracy22

I am just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if it is something to with my hardware I have senheiser game zero headphones and I am unable to hear footsteps even when there is a player/Scav 2 feet away. Idk if it is cuz  have tinitius and I can't hear the footsteps noise. Any help would be appreciated

Pezzo1
51 minutes ago, Gracy22 said:

I am just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if it is something to with my hardware I have senheiser game zero headphones and I am unable to hear footsteps even when there is a player/Scav 2 feet away. Idk if it is cuz  have tinitius and I can't hear the footsteps noise. Any help would be appreciated

Hi man,

No you aren't the only one, sound localisation was and is still quite shaky, so sometimes you might hear players or scavs from afar but won't here them while being in a two meter radius.

The only thing that could help you is setting your headphones to stereo and no 5.1 or 7.1. 

• Upvote 1

LoginTaken

The sound in the game is garbage.

They plan on updating it. Don't know if its next wipe or the one after. But its not you.

Its the shitty sound design.

12 minutes ago, Pezzo1 said:

The only thing that could help you is setting your headphones to stereo and no 5.1 or 7.1. 

Does that just improve it or complete fix it ?

Like will I be able to hear poo other than my own footsteps ?

lemonlord777
1 hour ago, Gracy22 said:

Since you didnt specify ill just check, you are wearing some headphones on your pmc in the game right? Without headphones equipped other players footsteps are very quiet, so if you have watched a streamer play and could hear footsteps easily but you cant when you play you might think something is wrong, but if you arent equipping headsets on your pmc that would be why.

Pezzo1
13 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

Does that just improve it or complete fix it ?

Nah just improve it, it's not a 100% fix.

The only permanent fix would be a complete revamp of Tarkov sound localisation system, but we are getting there slowly but surely. 

Vodor

It’s really horrible in the stairwells of the reserve buildings around the chopper, if the player or squaddie is a few steps below you it seems to consider them on another level and blocks out the sound.

They go dead silent unless you’re on the same horizontal plain as they are.

Rogue_Plague

I really wish they could afford to outsource the sound. sometimes its OK and sometimes I am like WTF were they thinking.