Alpha_Falcon

Please, throw a bone to newer players

Alpha_Falcon

I know I'm bad at the game, but having literally no positive experience with the game for a long time doesn't really make me want to play it. I do realize that the game is not finished, a lot of the core mechanics not implemented yet etc. The reason why I care about the game is that I love the realistic aspect of the guns and the insane amount of mods and ammo types, but I never get to experiment since I'm not getting any progress at all. So here are a few ideas that could sweeten the deal for newer players (that may likely have the same experience as me), making it more likely they'll stick with the game: 

Beginner Insurance

What I mean is, free and automatic insurance of all gear up until a certain level cap. New player's gear isn't that valuable so it'll be very likely that it goes unlooted and returned to the new player. It would also prevent experienced Players from taking advantage of it by just making a new account, since they'll probably get and use gear that is very desirable. Maybe it's not that good of an idea, I don't have the experience to judge that.

PvE campaign/meaningful PvE content

I don't know if this is ever in planning, but I'd appreciate it if you added some sort of campaign (it would be fine to me if it only serves the purpose of being a 10 hour long tutorial) or meaningful PvE content (like offline mode just with scavs, but you get to keep the loot. You could make the loot worthless to traders and unmarketable on the flea market or have a special, seperate inventory for that gamemode). As a new player, I'm just sick of having no progress except a few hundred more experience points after some games. I tried learning the map, but you can't exactly learn scav exfils in offline mode. And no matter what I do, I just get one tapped in the head before I can even see the enemy.

Better matchmaking

Also something that isn't really possible to do right now, since your priorities are somewhere else and you'd need a lot more players to keep the queue times low. But being matched with players who have already reached the level cap and know what they're doing doesn't really feel fair to me. The game is probably not even supposed to be fair, but this is just hostile tbh.

psychovisual

That's what scav runs are for. 

Yes it's very hard at the start to get money and gear to the point where you don't mind losing stuff. But when you do get there, and you will even if you are complete garbage it'll feel very rewarding. Get to know the maps, the spawns, the extracts, the ammo types you'll do fine.

strategicrhino

alpha if you would like add me in game or on discord same name im a newer player who just recently started getting better i was where you are at not long ago i can pass some of what i learned from streamers and such as well as personal experiences on to ya and if ya like we can run a few games so i can show ya a few lil tricks that i am willing to bet will make it easier for ya, if you prefer than hit up youtube and check out Veritas and Tweak if you get the basics down before you watch some of their vids you will improve and like psych said you will get better with time regardless of current skill level or outside assistance

Edited by strategicrhino

hidden_citizen

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling @Alpha_Falcon.

The game is hard indeed, even for veteran player, sometimes there are just bad days. And the learning curve is steep, it's almost vertical, but this will be something you'll hopefully come to appreciate once you get the hang of it, it's just much more rewarding.

My advice, do some offline raids, yes you will not take out any loot, but you will learn the maps, the flow of the game play, ballistics, armor and get used to the games systems.

Play on one map, until you really know it. Then move to the next one and so on.

The game asks you for a lot of time to learn it. But you will enjoy every minute once you've accomplished this. 

Do that, play offline, learn a map, then move online, find your play-style, some like to go guns blazing, other take a more cautions approach, find what suits you, and go with it, know what fights to pick, and when to run.

I'm sure you will get there and finally be able to enjoy all those cool guns you make in your stash.

Shuiy
On 2/18/2020 at 11:48 PM, Alpha_Falcon said:

Beginner Insurance

What I mean is, free and automatic insurance of all gear up until a certain level cap. New player's gear isn't that valuable so it'll be very likely that it goes unlooted and returned to the new player. It would also prevent experienced Players from taking advantage of it by just making a new account, since they'll probably get and use gear that is very desirable. Maybe it's not that good of an idea, I don't have the experience to judge that.

Insurance is already dirt-cheap for the lower grade weapons and gear. It's recommended that you always insure everything you can unless you're absolutely poor with no money to spare.

PvE campaign/meaningful PvE content

I don't know if this is ever in planning, but I'd appreciate it if you added some sort of campaign (it would be fine to me if it only serves the purpose of being a 10 hour long tutorial) or meaningful PvE content (like offline mode just with scavs, but you get to keep the loot. You could make the loot worthless to traders and unmarketable on the flea market or have a special, seperate inventory for that gamemode). As a new player, I'm just sick of having no progress except a few hundred more experience points after some games. I tried learning the map, but you can't exactly learn scav exfils in offline mode. And no matter what I do, I just get one tapped in the head before I can even see the enemy.

We had PvE with progression in the past, however Nikita said that he has no intention of letting that feature return, as it's a multiplayer game, and he wants it to stay that way.

Better matchmaking

Also something that isn't really possible to do right now, since your priorities are somewhere else and you'd need a lot more players to keep the queue times low. But being matched with players who have already reached the level cap and know what they're doing doesn't really feel fair to me. The game is probably not even supposed to be fair, but this is just hostile tbh.

Same answer to be honest, the devs don't want a matchmaking system.

If you're really struggling, along with the tips from @hidden_citizen you can try joining one of the many discords / communities. Or try and find sherpa's that can help you teach the game in live raids.