Tom_the_Gun

Since when can you get One Shot with a 6B43 Zabralo?

Tom_the_Gun

Titel says it all, recently i have expierenced so much desync, laggy server or two times hackers( not the they were just better then me, but literally cheating. i.e. one tanked 3 raiders for 30 sec while waiting for me to peek. saw bullets hitting him constantly, didnt care) but now i have encountered a new problem and i would like to see if anyone else has encountered it aswell.
today i felt kinda good and thought i`ll just spent some more money then usuall and bought a couple of Zabralos. First Raid on Reserve i activate the Alarm, leave for the Gas Station, get one Single Shot in my Back. Drop instantly, killed by another Player, single Hit to the Thorax. So this ONE BULLET got through my Class 6, 75 Durability Armor AND dealed 80 Damage after to kill me. In the Past i was always under the Impression that not even the  7n37 Sniper Round of the SVD can not one Hit you, because it doesnt deal enough Damage to the Body after passing through.
So now i am just wondering if anyone else had a similiar Issue recently? cause if so, the most valuable Armor(except maybe Killers) seems kinda useless then if you can one Click People still.
After everything else that has lowered the Quality of the Game recently this is just the icing on the cake :/

LoginTaken

Ok...having used a Gen4 max coverage and being killed in one hit.

I know your pain.

Look, the entire system damage system is just bad right now. There is also a possible issue with armor not registering properly. Apparently one should re-equip armor upon raid entry.

They will make the damage system better to my knowledge. Right now its rather basic.

moses06

I've been convinced since I started playing this game the damage system is broken. I'm not sure if the damage the round is supposed to be doing is broken, or if it's an armor issue. I've shot many people/scavs with a mosin, for example, and they've survived without armor or crap armor. That's not supposed to happen if the damage values are being applied correctly. On the other hand the game might think for whatever reason the player who was shot has better armor on than what they did. Who knows, all I know is something isn't right.

natker2002

I run Zabralo armour all the time on Labs, and I feel your pain. The amount of times I get into a raid and get shot once is unreal, Raiders will shoot me once with M80 from an SA-58 and I will drop dead on the ground. It sucks, I know, I've been there too many times, but for now, that is just how it is. I don't trust the game all that much, so when I load into the game, I toss all my armour and helmets to the floor. The annoying part is that Zabralo armour costs 200K (estimated) to buy one that is not damaged, and not everyone has that kind of money just lying around.

Malevolent1

Been happening to me too man. Just gotta drop your armor and pick it back up so it registers correctly. I find it odd that they had this fixed for a solid 4 patches and then it started doing it again. Even helmets don't register the way they should, and that's where I die the most is "Head, top of the head" shots because my helmet isn't registering.

Hopefully they have these bugs worked out and fixed 110% solid soon. Mostly though, the servers are the biggest problems right now. Some days they work fantastically, and other days they're just absolutely horrid. I was on a Seattle based server (I live in Tacoma, so this is relatively close as its only 50 miles from me) with 10 ping and all of a sudden my ping was at 415 for a solid 20 minutes. I know it's not my modem or my connection, as I'm the one who installed it and I've worked for Comcast and other ISP's long enough to know how to check for noise and other problems... so definitely not on my end.

Major issues currently:

Armor is penetrated too easy
Armor doesn't register to certain body parts
Damage is over-tuned and makes it pointless to run armor
Servers are laggy
Desync still exists in game
Animations still get stuck when doing basic tasks

The list goes on, but this is all current and mostly talked about.

crittz
1 hour ago, Malevolent1 said:

Been happening to me too man. Just gotta drop your armor and pick it back up so it registers correctly. I find it odd that they had this fixed for a solid 4 patches and then it started doing it again. Even helmets don't register the way they should, and that's where I die the most is "Head, top of the head" shots because my helmet isn't registering.

Hopefully they have these bugs worked out and fixed 110% solid soon. Mostly though, the servers are the biggest problems right now. Some days they work fantastically, and other days they're just absolutely horrid. I was on a Seattle based server (I live in Tacoma, so this is relatively close as its only 50 miles from me) with 10 ping and all of a sudden my ping was at 415 for a solid 20 minutes. I know it's not my modem or my connection, as I'm the one who installed it and I've worked for Comcast and other ISP's long enough to know how to check for noise and other problems... so definitely not on my end.

Major issues currently:

Armor is penetrated too easy
Armor doesn't register to certain body parts
Damage is over-tuned and makes it pointless to run armor
Servers are laggy
Desync still exists in game
Animations still get stuck when doing basic tasks

The list goes on, but this is all current and mostly talked about.

Noise.... did you mean to say attenuation mr comcast? IF you had worked in the comms industry you would know that your ping to a server can vary due to many factors with the most probable being that your connection is being re-routed, which would be your ISP's doing and not representative of the tarkov server - each hop you go through will add approximately 10ms to your overall response time - sounds like a faulty node in your ISP's infrastructure, resulting in your connection being re-routed to EU and back.

Not suggesting that the tarkov servers dont have many issues, just calling out your obvious bs.

Grimm285

for those that dont know good ammo always trumps good armor.  honestly your best chance against high pen ammo is being naked.  I can one tap people in heavy armor every day but its scav or unarmored players who take 3-4 shots of m61/7n1/7n39 like its nothing

Edit:  side note - often times when you get "one tapped" its a quick succession of bullets.  Found this out the other day when someone friended me to complain i shot him through a fort in one bullet.  But i explained to him i actually shot 4 bullets at him but they all hit him very quickly so he figured one tap, when it wasn't.

Edited by Grimm285

Tom_the_Gun

i knew about the armor bug, when you go in raid with your armor in your bagpack and then put it on. just thought they fixed it. gotta to it od school again i guess.

but yeah hitreg and dmg/armor values are completly off right now and its just unsettling that you have all these things in game but cant use them proper. for the "one tapped" aspect. in my case last night i could hear the shot, one loud boom from a high caliber sniper probably SVD, cant say for sure since i was dead after. But it was 100% only 1 Bullet that hit my Thorax and blasted me to kingdome come. 

Thing is i am not even mad about the Gear. Already have all Taks and Hideout maxed out. So with Bitcoin Farm and sometimes Farming Raiders on Reserve Money is not an issue anymore. But the frustration of going in Raid, sometimes waiting in Matching for 10 min just to get insta tabbed in the first 2 minutes because the game isnt working as intended? yeah thats not frustrating at all....and everyone who always response with "its beta its beta..blabla" , yes its beta, yet this has worked in the past. The Quality of Life and Technic in the Game has downgraded in the past 2 Months and it is very noticible and overshadows passed good and plesent experiences.

anyway to get back to the original point if my topic. just got to go cheap armor or but in in backpack and hope for the best i guess.