Sign in to follow this  
NocturiusHD

My "up-to-date" PC freeze and reboots while playing EFT

NocturiusHD

Hello, thanks in advance for reading this post.

Okay, so my new pc randomly freezes and reboots while playing EFT after 2-3 hours of gameplay. Havent had this happen to me i any other games yet.

Im playing with 120+ fps, so its not a problem with my ín-game performance (thanks to "Tickle Me Pink" YT). 

My specs are: GTX 1080 8GB, CPU i7-9700K OC to 5 GHz, Corsair PSU 650W, ASUS Z390-F MB, and 16GB DDR4 3200 ram. Temps are good for my rig. And components are all new. And drivers are up to date.

Followed this video for overclocking adwise. CPU temp at max performance is at 50-600 max. 

What are my options? Tried to search google, but found no solid answer. 

Edited by NocturiusHD

Obeace

My PC just shuts off and fast reboots itself. I have I7 7700k, 2070 super, z270 Mobo, 16 gb 3000mhz ddr4, powered by Corsair 750w. IV tried everything. From updating my BIOS all my drivers are up-to-date and have been reinstalled. Took PC apart cleaned it check wires for damage or loose. 1 thread recommended using two power cords for your graphics card tried that still reboots as of last night while playing interchange. if it's just that Map I won't play it I haven't had it happen anywhere else but interchange and not all the time.

Edited by Obeace

frankyfox

@Obeace

Your problem sounds like Ram Failure ore Power unit Failure,

I had the same issue with my rig my be quiet 550w power unit was defect I had to replace it.

Awpii

So your PC is overclocked.. have you tried removing the overclock and playing like that first?

Obeace

I ran windows memtest and showed zero errors. As far as the psu, I can't rule out but it's new and i had a similar one for my last rig and never had this problem. I just don't wanna drop 100 bucks on another power supply, and it only happens on interchange and no other games do it. Thanks for the reply

Fanny

You followed an OC guide wich in general is just bad because every CPU behaves different per overclock.

He did 1.29Vcore on his CPU, yours might need 1.34V (or maybe even less then 1.29V)
His load line is ok at lvl6, your might still be crappy at 7
His XMP profile works with the OC, yours might not.

He tested with OCCT but mentions just that alone is not enough to know if its truly stable, so what else have you used to test stability?
Also note, 1 hour testing isn't enough.

Good test (better then OCCT) is Prime95 for 12hours.
OCCT is good for quick and dirty tests and pump out heat, though you can set up Prime95 to pump out heat to.

Every bit of hardware behaves differently even if they are the same make and model.

If you want to OC your CPU learn how to do it properly or just revert back to stock settings for now.

"I ran windows memtest and showed zero errors. As far as the psu, I can't rule out but it's new and i had a similar one for my last rig and never had this problem. I just don't wanna drop 100 bucks on another power supply, and it only happens on interchange and no other games do it. Thanks for the reply"

Try Prime95, test small FFT's and run it for several hours and see how stable you really are

Edited by Fanny

Obeace

I bought another PSU and so far everything is fine. Will update