onelifesoliveit

ATTENTION SKILL, Increase Chance to Find a Better Loot +14 %

onelifesoliveit

[sorry my bad english]

Does this skill really work?

I just "chatting" with a "veteran" dude and hes saying that he has max skill and get more loot is it true?

Do you have any official proves or posts?

Edited by onelifesoliveit

speeder2

Don't take my word for granted, as I'm a newbie and not entirely sure of how everything works yet. But from what little research I have done, I understand  that the Attention skill works like when you start searching a bag, cabinet, rig or whatever, that % chance is that the most valuable items will appear first and then the less valuable ones will reveal after.

The loot is predetermined/generated at the start of the match/map (the "Creating loot pools..etc" in loading screen), not upon opening a container. So.. a guy with max skill cannot get more loot than you by opening the same container. The description of the skill is a bit misleading with the choice of words.

Edited by speeder2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

HooYuDadi
5 hours ago, speeder2 said:

Don't take my word for granted, as I'm a newbie and not entirely sure of how everything works yet. But from what little research I have done, I understand  that the Attention skill works like when you start searching a bag, cabinet, rig or whatever, that % chance is that the most valuable items will appear first and then the less valuable ones will reveal after.

The loot is predetermined/generated at the start of the match/map (the "Creating loot pools..etc" in loading screen), not upon opening a container. So.. a guy with max skill cannot get more loot than you by opening the same container. The description of the skill is a bit misleading with the choice of words.

I too am new to this game, have only played since last November but I don't think you are correct on the items already being determined.  By this I mean that when you loot a bag for instance, there is the slight pause where the server is being accessed to randomly generate the item you are about to find in the bag.  Versus, items that are spawned on tables, chairs, shelves, etc... those are determined at the time of the "creating loot pools" that you reference.  So, I think the increase in loot percentage relates to the items in bags,containers, etc... that are randomly generated at the time of opening.  Hope this makes some sort of sense.

iinsidious_
On 2/20/2020 at 12:02 PM, HooYuDadi said:

I too am new to this game, have only played since last November but I don't think you are correct on the items already being determined.  By this I mean that when you loot a bag for instance, there is the slight pause where the server is being accessed to randomly generate the item you are about to find in the bag.  Versus, items that are spawned on tables, chairs, shelves, etc... those are determined at the time of the "creating loot pools" that you reference.  So, I think the increase in loot percentage relates to the items in bags,containers, etc... that are randomly generated at the time of opening.  Hope this makes some sort of sense.

Speeder2 is correct. The loot table is predetermined in the loading screen. The description is worded poorly. What it means is when you have a higher level of attention the more likely you will search the valuable loot first over the crap items. Its only a % chance that this will happen when you loot. Additionally it increases the looting speed. 

oatmealjones

To be fair though the loading loot and loading loot pools could be interpreted in a different way. Like it could load all the possible things that map can have and then it allocates those possible items to their corresponding containers or pools.

unless there has been confirmation I’m not convinced that either assumption is correct. Though one thing I find interesting is that offline raids always have less loot than normal ones. Could just be their nature or the amount of loot could be affected by all the players combined attention.

again these are my opinions and I could be 100% wrong and spewing garbage. I haven’t seen any confirmation but I also haven’t dug too much on the topic.